Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
    The video isn’t even bad y’all bitches really do too much complaining. Remember she didn’t have to do ANY of this project but she’s doing it for you ungrateful hoes.
    Exactly this!!

people arent grasping the concept that this is a rarities albums of VAULT items and she didnt have to do any of this <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone View Post
      She could easily have a hit if she markets HWGAA properly. Since it's 2020 but the song was recorded in 1990 the theme of the album is throwbacks already so she could play off of this and shoot a clever video

She could have celebrity cameos all over the place and it would be a hit... it's prime-era "new" Mariah vocals for crying out loud! I just pray that her team actually realizes the potential and wants to send this song to radio and shoot a decent video with replay-value. Also it would be a perfect opportunity for a celebrity remix to make it go viral. We might never get another opportunity like this!
      If anyone could do it, it’s MC

She is primed for it from the brilliant campaign last year

Someone like Joseph Khan on video, tell him make it look expensive and attention grabbing and get it done quick, Apple and Amazon pay for it, one shot scene of MC FaceTiming with someone famous
      on new iPhone 12 as she looks out window and says “oh [bleep]” and shrugs because Amazon came to deliver MC’s new book and Rarities, and dog like Cha Cha went flying out the door chasing after the mailman played by Billie Eichner, Billy is wearing a funny mask w Riah on front, intersperse mailman dog chase with MC and dem kids watching cast of Stranger Things do a HWGAA hula hoop TikTok challenge on dem iPhone 13s coming out in Nov, have iPhone and Amazon pay for it

Send original to radio with one day deal like #B as soon as released, Marshmello EDM elements remix same week as video, a few weeks later, remix similar to original but make beat 808, add Beyoncé on harmonies and Verse 2, and or Megan Thee Stallion in middle, Michael Cherry does animated music video
      Last edited by allygdale; Sun September 13, 2020, 02:14.
      #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

Monica Seles >>>>>> Graf
        I love both. Monica should have been in the montage as well.
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
          The video isn’t even bad y’all bitches really do too much complaining. Remember she didn’t have to do ANY of this project but she’s doing it for you ungrateful hoes.
          TELL EM SIS.

Comment

• I may have missed Chris Evert, but I believe the inclusion of King and Navratilova may be as representatives of the LGBT community? King also as having championed women's equality in tennis.

Nevertheless it's an interesting group. And I'm sure the US Open would have had a big say in this.
            I mean, their vehicle branded with their logo was in the background.
            Last edited by InfoFromAus; Sun September 13, 2020, 02:34.
            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• The STD video is harmless and she looks beautiful.

Whats more important is how amazing this whole album is gonna be!! I agree Mariah should ride the retro train and do a 90s style video for HWGAA — you never know what can end up going viral and smashing!

Comment

• Some of y'all are flying way too high about HWGAA Just enjoy the music, because if Mariah's getting a hit in 2020, it won't be with a song that was kept locked up for 30 years.
                http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Mariah should release Here we go around again as a single. It sounds freaking amazing.

Comment

• If my understanding was right....THE CONCEPT OF THE VIDEO was watching the US Open from her car outside the stadium because of this pandemic, instead of pushing audiences inside the actual game. Drive in cinemas and the like are IN now. And with Mariah wearing a mask in the end of the video, it all makes sense. It was a decent video. Less touching and sexy poses. It was okay. No need to be disappointed

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

If anyone could do it, it’s MC

She is primed for it from the brilliant campaign last year

Someone like Joseph Khan on video, tell him make it look expensive and attention grabbing and get it done quick, Apple and Amazon pay for it, one shot scene of MC FaceTiming with someone famous
                      on new iPhone 12 as she looks out window and says “oh [bleep]” and shrugs because Amazon came to deliver MC’s new book and Rarities, and dog like Cha Cha went flying out the door chasing after the mailman played by Billie Eichner, Billy is wearing a funny mask w Riah on front, intersperse mailman dog chase with MC and dem kids watching cast of Stranger Things do a HWGAA hula hoop TikTok challenge on dem iPhone 13s coming out in Nov, have iPhone and Amazon pay for it

Send original to radio with one day deal like #B as soon as released, Marshmello EDM elements remix same week as video, a few weeks later, remix similar to original but make beat 808, add Beyoncé on harmonies and Verse 2, and or Megan Thee Stallion in middle, Michael Cherry does animated music video
                      There are some jewels in your concept. Lol. Since you mentioned Stranger Things, it's making me think of a video with Millie Bobby Brown in the vein of ABMB. Have another famous person as Millie's love interest. Have a cute storyline and Mariah can just sing and do beauty shots.

Comment

• Didn’t really expect anything more from the video to be honest. I feel Mariah could have worn a better dress and the car was not needed but it was very low budget. In terms of impact the video could have been shown during the entire tournament rather than only on one day.
                        For the Nostalgia if nothing else

Comment

• HWGAA chorus totally needs a viral TikTok clip about going back into lockdown again...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone View Post
                            She could easily have a hit if she markets HWGAA properly. Since it's 2020 but the song was recorded in 1990 the theme of the album is throwbacks already so she could play off of this and shoot a clever video of herself doing a throwback to the late 60's on a Soul Train-type show dressed like the Motown era and playing all of the parts of a girl version of the Jackson 5. She could have celebrity cameos all over the place and it would be a hit... it's prime-era "new" Mariah vocals for crying out loud! I just pray that her team actually realizes the potential and wants to send this song to radio and shoot a decent video with replay-value. Also it would be a perfect opportunity for a celebrity remix to make it go viral. We might never get another opportunity like this!
                            I like it but exchange a Soul Train show for a Drag Ball and feature a host of popular drag queens each serving different looks.
                            "Maryann's saying cut the tape, cut the tape... KNIFE!"

Comment

• She said it clearly: "This is just for us".

Comment

• I’m working now and the HWGAA chorus came to mind mind like
                                It’s funny since I only heard it in the snippet and I listened to what she released yesterday so much more.

I don’t know about singles or strategies, but musically it is in my brain and it’s got me on a very good mood. Which in the end is what matters the most to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by quilmrt View Post
                                  i wonder why Mc doesn’t write melodic songs like this anymore

Comment

• Something tells me they’re gonna push hwgra as a single...

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post

i wonder why Mc doesn’t write melodic songs like this anymore
                                      I’ve always been surprised why Mariah doesn’t work more as a songwriter with other artists. She could score a lot of hits as a songwriter if she wanted to take a break from making music and doing Vegas, and it would be just as lucrative.
                                      "Maryann's saying cut the tape, cut the tape... KNIFE!"

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                                        I don’t think fans have to be called ungrateful for wanting a decent production for a promotional video that’s of the standard that someone of Mariahs status deserves. (Of course if it’s constant complaints that’s annoying)

That being said minus the random tear and baffling tennis angle it’s not terrible, I mean I’d never watch it again but it’s not super embarrassing.

It’s just frustrating seeing how creative other artists have been during the Pandemic does she have a creative director these days? I just feel as a none fan watching Mariah in front of wind machine for 3+ minutes wouldn’t be interesting.
                                        I think that's the best way to put it.

Comment

• HWGAA is her best song since Dedicated. I don't know why people are saying a song can't be released just cos it's 30 years old. Like, do your ears shut down if you know a song was recorded more than 1 year ago? Why does it matter, as long as you haven't heard it before and want to hear it again and will pay for it? A blockbuster is a blockbuster. And no-one on the scene right now has vocals that can rival 1989 Mariah.

Comment

• Originally posted by mariahguru View Post

I’ve always been surprised why Mariah doesn’t work more as a songwriter with other artists. She could score a lot of hits as a songwriter if she wanted to take a break from making music and doing Vegas, and it would be just as lucrative.
                                            Mariah has always written with other people

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                                              Something tells me they’re gonna push hwgra as a single...
                                              I hope so... I quite like it from what we've heard, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a tease and that's all we'll get for the song. It won't be the first time Mariah and team did that I think
                                              MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

I hope so... I quite like it from what we've heard, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a tease and that's all we'll get for the song. It won't be the first time Mariah and team did that I think
                                                Me too. And I don’t care if it charts. I just hope she gets it out there as much as they can. Get people to hear it, like how she’s using it on instagram now. Mc’s team has a tendency to abandon stuff or tease fans and go nowhere from there.

Comment

• The video is ok, so is the song. No more and no less. I also don't understand some fans who claim that she hasn't delivered a decent video since Touch my Body: Obsessed, Almost Home, Up out my face, Gtfo, With You, AIWFCIY (2019). Sometimes a video does not need a storyline if the visuals are right. Especially the "Caution" videos had a lot of style and elegance and captured the mood of the songs well. I also like the video for "Bye Bye". She looks damn good in the video and the video has a concept. I really don't belong to the yes-sayers among the Lambs and I definitely prefer the fans who are critical of everything as long as they remain constructive, objective and respectful, but a few exceptions here just want to criticise and have a thoroughly negative or even thoroughly positive attitude.

Comment

• Oh, perhaps they didn't include HWGAA in the debut cos of the risk of copyright/plagarism...sampling or homage songs wasn't as accepted back then....

Comment

Working...
                                                    X