Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MeGreat View Post
    The video is ok, so is the song. No more and no less. I also don't understand some fans who claim that she hasn't delivered a decent video since Touch my Body: Obsessed, Almost Home, Up out my face, Gtfo, With You, AIWFCIY (2019). Sometimes a video does not need a storyline if the visuals are right. Especially the "Caution" videos had a lot of style and elegance and captured the mood of the songs well. I also like the video for "Bye Bye". She looks damn good in the video and the video has a concept. I really don't belong to the yes-sayers among the Lambs and I definitely prefer the fans who are critical of everything as long as they remain constructive, objective and respectful, but a few exceptions here just want to criticise and have a thoroughly negative or even thoroughly positive attitude.
    I definitely agree that AIWFCIY (2019) was a step in the right direction video-wise for her. I was thoroughly impressed. I suppose sometimes her videos don't match the song's lyrics, which can be a bit frustrating when the material is so good.

I am still on a high from the HWGAA snippet, though, so I don't really care much for the Save The Day video. It is better when you think of it as a performance vs. a music video.
    See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• GTFO was released two years ago today

Comment

• I think somewhat of her creativity had gone and she clearly doesn't put an effort in her videos. all she cares is to look good and to be honest, I'm tired of it, BUT I love the music so I cling to that. All I Want video last year was amazing!
        #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
          Oh, perhaps they didn't include HWGAA in the debut cos of the risk of copyright/plagarism...sampling or homage songs wasn't as accepted back then....
          Nowadays we have artistes whose whole careers are built on homages lol

Comment

• That video is a mess and so is the song. I've always said that Mariah should not have full control over everything she makes coz it turns out to be tacky and bad quality a lot of the time.
            ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Comment

• The video is ok, the song is not.

Comment

• Happy Anniversary GTFO! I was so excited for this change of sound for her. Caution is a good ass album. Actually listening to it after Save the day it made appreciate how the vocals on the album don’t seem so cut and paste. Save the day shares a lot with MIAMTEC and TTR in that aspect. I also love her tone on Caution.

Comment

• GTFO remains incredible, still play it daily!

Comment

• Does anyone know who Directed the STD video?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                      GTFO remains incredible, still play it daily!
                      Yep!
                      it deserved a bigger push. Still sounds fresh and innovative

Comment

• Here We Go Around Again

[Intro]
                        Let me tell you something baby

[Verse 1]
                        I wish I understood
                        Why I can't get over you at all
                        You push me to the side
                        But I come running when you call
                        (Come running)
                        You step outside my life
                        And you leave me waiting for a sign
                        (Waiting)

[Chorus]
                        Here we go around again
                        One more time
                        Will it ever end (Will it ever end)
                        Here we go around again
                        It's all the same
                        Never gonna change

[Verse 2]
                        I'm trying to believe
                        You won't go away again this time, oh no

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                          Happy Anniversary GTFO! I was so excited for this change of sound for her. Caution is a good ass album. Actually listening to it after Save the day it made appreciate how the vocals on the album don’t seem so cut and paste. Save the day shares a lot with MIAMTEC and TTR in that aspect. I also love her tone on Caution.
                          Exactly my feelings

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

If anyone could do it, it’s MC

She is primed for it from the brilliant campaign last year

Someone like Joseph Khan on video, tell him make it look expensive and attention grabbing and get it done quick, Apple and Amazon pay for it, one shot scene of MC FaceTiming with someone famous
                            on new iPhone 12 as she looks out window and says “oh [bleep]” and shrugs because Amazon came to deliver MC’s new book and Rarities, and dog like Cha Cha went flying out the door chasing after the mailman played by Billie Eichner, Billy is wearing a funny mask w Riah on front, intersperse mailman dog chase with MC and dem kids watching cast of Stranger Things do a HWGAA hula hoop TikTok challenge on dem iPhone 13s coming out in Nov, have iPhone and Amazon pay for it

Send original to radio with one day deal like #B as soon as released, Marshmello EDM elements remix same week as video, a few weeks later, remix similar to original but make beat 808, add Beyoncé on harmonies and Verse 2, and or Megan Thee Stallion in middle, Michael Cherry does animated music video
                            Love the ideas.

I don't see anything wrong with releasing a 30 year old song myself. It's not like other artists haven't done it before.

If she wanted to be really cautious about it, she could set the timeline of the video to whatever year the song was written/recorded and just play a character in it (don't bother to lip sync to it if she has a personal issue with presenting this as her voice today. ).

The song has a youthful vibe, so I really like your ABMB-esque video pitch.

Comment

• I'm not a fan of her tone in Caution, but it def was a cohesive body of work.
                              And yeah! GTFO still is that bitch.
                              I love everything about it!
                              Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• In a bit of good news,

- TEOM at Urban Outfitters SOLD OUT (3,000 units)
                                - MTV Unplugged at Target SOLD OUT
                                - Merry Christmas at Target SOLD OUT
                                - #MC30 Box Set at Mariah's store SOLD OUT (1,000 units)
                                - Emotions and Music Box Box Set at VinylMePlease SOLD OUT

Comment

• The Urban fitters vinyl have all sold out. TEOM, Butterfly & Rainbow.
                                  According to what I was reading on Twitter, 3,000 units per edition.
                                  Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Caution is a masterpiece for me. Love the production, the melodies, the lyrics and the vocals

Comment

• Time flies. GTFO is a bop

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                                        The Urban fitters vinyl have all sold out. TEOM, Butterfly & Rainbow.
                                        According to what I was reading on Twitter, 3,000 units per edition.
                                        The web says that the record is on back order, but it's impressive

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop...IZE&quantity=1

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                          In a bit of good news,

- TEOM at Urban Outfitters SOLD OUT (3,000 units)
                                          - MTV Unplugged at Target SOLD OUT
                                          - Merry Christmas at Target SOLD OUT
                                          - #MC30 Box Set at Mariah's store SOLD OUT (1,000 units)
                                          - Emotions and Music Box Box Set at VinylMePlease SOLD OUT
                                          She’s on to something here

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

The web says that the record is on back order, but it's impressive

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop...IZE&quantity=1
                                            That was fast, considering UO tweeted they do not know, once the records sell out, when the vinyl are going to be restocked.

Comment

• ^I thought all the UO vinyl were on back order, but maybe I'm wrong.

Edit:

Just checked and all vinyl at VinylMePlease are SOLD OUT.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                ^I thought all the UO vinyl were on back order, but maybe I'm wrong.
                                                That's what they tweeted at least.
                                                And I tried to order the TEOM one like 15 minutes ago still appeared to be sold out.

Comment

• TEOM in UO is sold out and I just checked butterfly and rainbow, they have the following left:-

Butterfly:- Only 477 left in stock. Please update quantity.
                                                  Rainbow:- Only 851 left in stock. Please update quantity.

Can’t imagine they’ll be around much longer...

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post

Love the ideas.

I don't see anything wrong with releasing a 30 year old song myself. It's not like other artists haven't done it before.

If she wanted to be really cautious about it, she could set the timeline of the video to whatever year the song was written/recorded and just play a character in it (don't bother to lip sync to it if she has a personal issue with presenting this as her voice today. ).

The song has a youthful vibe, so I really like your ABMB-esque video pitch.
                                                    I think she could release a video with older and newer footage that shows her longevity. She looks amazing on the Save the Day video, with the curls. I think she is getting very tight budgets (unless they have a guaranteed shot at a hit like All I Want.) They need to find a way to make old footage work to create something fun and entertaining that will be watched and rewatched.

However, I keep reminding myself that this is for the fans. She is not chasing #1’s anymore. She is making music and expressing herself and living her best life. I’m here for it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X