No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm speechless about the Vinyl success, I'm happy people has supported them. Well, it's great music released on vinyl so it has to be. I'm more into the colored ones but it's a lot of money so I only bought Teom and MCIIY. I wish I can get E=mc2, MOAIA and MIANTEC sometime.

Comment

• After watching the US Open video a few times, here are my thoughts.

Mariah is not going to get the budgets she used to get. The AIW video was an exception.

The US Open partnership allowed her a budget for a non-single. It gave her airtime, and by featuring the players in the video, it makes it more shareable too.

I think it was a way for US Open to address diversity in a sport and audience that’s very non-diverse in general. But they are also going to be careful not to be “too political.”

I think if it was up to Mariah, she would be more outspoken on many issues, but sometimes her hands are tied. This way she was able to bring in the BLM message, though very indirectly (the Breonna Taylor mask). She also has that moment in the end with the mask, which is not BLM but still important.

She looks amazing. I thought she looked more relaxed and free. Her movements were more natural. That made me happy for her!

Are the little dance moves the same ones Monroe came up with for the TicToc? I thought it was smart to include simple moves that can be replicated.

I just wish they had gone a little further. I’m from Richmond, VA where Arthur Ashe is from. He was a Black man who did so much for the community. They show his name, but footage would have been nice. I think the footage of the Black and LGBT players could have been more emotionally appealing.

But I think this the best we could expect with what she was able to do. We didn’t think we’d get a video but we did! And I CAN’T WAIT for the book and Rarities and Christmas!!!

Comment

• Oh! And I forgot to say how obsessed I am with that “we’re all Gods childreeeen” part ever since she sang it on her IG story!

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post
          Oh! And I forgot to say how obsessed I am with that “we’re all Gods childreeeen” part ever since she sang it on her IG story!
          Yeah, ally had mentioned it too and I really didn't pay much attention to that part until her IG story.

I am really looking forward to more lovely Mariah harmonies and background vocals.
          You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Obviously Mariah is getting a very small budget for videos but so are a lot of other artists who put out top notch music videos. Ciara is self funding and her last few videos were done very nicely.

Let’s not forget Mariah is worth north of $500mil. She can afford to fund her own music videos and put out something extraordinary.

I think she is just not willing to do it. Idk why.

Comment

• The video is just bad lol. the tear, the wear the mask moment, the DRESS hhaha. IM a lil dissappointed that Melissa said this concept was ok; for me it's the first visual misstep for Mariah since she is on charge. I feel there was more budget for Roe's tiktok that I still watch on a daily basis.

Regarding the new song AMAZING!!!...cant wait to hear the whole album

Glad she managed to outsold most of those vinyls. I guess we will see some albums doing their comeback in the charts for at least one week. Hope we can get updated figures as well.

IG Account:
              https://www.instagram.com/diosbendigaestenegocio/

Comment

• Why should Mariah make the expensive videos? For 10M views like maximum?
                Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                Forever and always!

Comment

• Originally posted by DNK View Post
                  Why should Mariah make the expensive videos? For 10M views like maximum?
                  not for the views no, to me these are irrelevant. she should make (not even necessarily expensive) just better videos for her *legacy* for people to look back on and for the art. AND for replay value cause lets be honest none of her videos in the last 10 years have really been up to much except AIWFCIY...

and they dont have anything memorable or "iconic" about them unlike many other artists in her category of legends like even madonna is still putting out high concept and *interesting* music videos today and her numbers in terms of streams and views aren't really doing all that much better than Mariah's...

and its not necessarily cause madonna's music is more dancey or anything even this video she did in 2015 for a ballad-y song is one of my favourite videos by her of all time... why cant mariah pull off something to this standard and replay value?

it kinda makes me feel that mariah either doesnt care anymore or just doesnt have the interest in being artistic and creative and making better videos anymore. if i was lucky enough to be someone in her shoes, i'd always want to aim for the best and make the best videos i can, and get better each time... i just feel she doesnt have that fire, or that ambition and is happy to just settle for minimal effort videos of her standing still, sitting on cars and touching her hair in the wind which has been essentially all of her videos in recent years TBH
                  Last edited by dancamz; Sun September 13, 2020, 18:40.

Comment

• Save The Day will probably end up being the worst song on the album

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                      Save The Day will probably end up being the worst song on the album
                      I think so too.

I'm curious to hear this stripped version of Close My Eyes.
                      See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• The song deserves a more inspiring video connected to the lyrics but love her hair and some footage from it.

I want her to do better videos, it's not about budget but creativity. I like With You ilumination and photo, it's beautiful. The same with GTFO, but it's time to tell something with it.

Anyway I can't wait for the album

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I think so too.

I'm curious to hear this stripped version of Close My Eyes.
                          Me too, someone said it was GMA version but it’s actually 45 seconds longer so it can’t be that

I find it strange she would cut out any of the verses when it’s autobiographical, maybe she just cut out some la da das
                          #CAUTION

Comment

• Budget ain’t the problem with her videos. She just needs concepts and passionate people working on them. And trust. She needs a director she believes in. She could shoot awesome videos with just an iPhone. She just needs passionate people in her team.

if she went and called a bunch of students to shoot them, they would bring to the table a lot of freshness. She could even arrange a contest online, with people posting videos. I’m sure she’d get extremely talented people a beautiful proposals. And a few bad ones with elevator lightning too, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by dancamz View Post

not for the views no, to me these are irrelevant. she should make (not even necessarily expensive) just better videos for her *legacy* for people to look back on and for the art. AND for replay value cause lets be honest none of her videos in the last 10 years have really been up to much except AIWFCIY...

and they dont have anything memorable or "iconic" about them unlike many other artists in her category of legends like even madonna is still putting out high concept and *interesting* music videos today and her numbers in terms of streams and views aren't really doing all that much better than Mariah's...

and its not necessarily cause madonna's music is more dancey or anything even this video she did in 2015 for a ballad-y song is one of my favourite videos by her of all time... why cant mariah pull off something to this standard and replay value?

it kinda makes me feel that mariah either doesnt care anymore or just doesnt have the interest in being artistic and creative and making better videos anymore. if i was lucky enough to be someone in her shoes, i'd always want to aim for the best and make the best videos i can, and get better each time... i just feel she doesnt have that fire, or that ambition and is happy to just settle for minimal effort videos of her standing still, sitting on cars and touching her hair in the wind which has been essentially all of her videos in recent years TBH
                              I agree 100%
                              i hate that about Mariah. It’s like she doesn’t care at all

Comment

• Probably she really doesn’t care lol

Comment

• She doesn't even need a big budget to pull a decent vid off.
                                  It's about visuals, concept and plot and that's it.
                                  Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• this is the easiest project; barely any studio work, not paying for current producers, not shooting for the artwork, not leaving the house for press interviews and promo...
                                    at the very least, they could have submitted her prime vocals to a current, hot DJ to make a worldwide radio single.

Whitney's Higher Love was also a japan-only rarity with prime vocals... I didn't even know it existed and it is still playing EVERYWHERE around the globe, something Mariah hasn't done in AGES, if we don't count AIWFC... To miss this opportunity for a whole world to hear her BEST VOICE again is baffling to me.

Comment

• OMG, her IG
                                      #CAUTION

Comment

• mariahcarey: It’s been six months since #BreonnaTaylor, a frontline medical worker was killed by police in a ‘no-knock’ raid targeting the WRONG apartment. Medical workers like her save lives every day - but police violence claims Black lives at nearly the same pace. Her killing hurts especially bad right now. Now, more than ever we have to stay connected and vigilant. Follow @wearepushblack to read more about her story and for daily doses of inspiring, #BlackHistory stories to keep us going

Comment

• Save The Day Behind The Scenes

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post
                                            Oh! And I forgot to say how obsessed I am with that “we’re all Gods childreeeen” part ever since she sang it on her IG story!
                                            At which point in the song does she sing it? I have played the song on high rotation and haven't noticed it.
                                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• The next battle on Versuz is Patti and Gladys. What a matchup!

i hope Mariah participates in this. Maybe against herself (number ones vs deep cuts/non-number ones)

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I agree 100%
                                                i hate that about Mariah. It’s like she doesn’t care at all

She simply settles for mediocre, thinking that the fact she's in the video caressing her body is enough. How deluded.

If you're going to go to the effort of shooting a video, make it count. She's been in the industry so long, though it seems she hasn't really learnt that much music video wise.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                                  The next battle on Versuz is Patti and Gladys. What a matchup!

i hope Mariah participates in this. Maybe against herself (number ones vs deep cuts/non-number ones)
                                                  MC and Paul McCartney
                                                  #CAUTION

Comment

• Even this FANMADE video is better!

if a fan can make this in a couple of hours, with cheap software, Mariah has no excuses.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X