No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah finally in the house at Verzuz. She can't believe she missed Somewhere Over the Rainbow. But she wants to hear If Only You Knew (Patti, duh) and Neither One of Us (Gladys).

I really need Mariah to do Verzuz!

Comment

• The Gladys and Patti Versuz is incredible, do many people are asking Mariah to go one. The official Oprah Magazine asked Timbaland to do Mariah vs Mariah

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
        We know Mariah is a trend setter so I wouldn't be surprised if other big artists start doing these "rarities" releases. Surely they will when they notice it is a chance to make $$$.
        And they will go harder and more strategic with theirs, and end up selling more :p

Comment

• Mariah is having fun with the Verzus tonight and loving it

Its amazing, Gladys just told Patti “you better work bitch” when she said she was turning 80
          #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
            The Gladys and Patti Versuz is incredible, do many people are asking Mariah to go one. The official Oprah Magazine asked Timbaland to do Mariah vs Mariah
            Tonight's Verzuz was so incredible! Mariah vs. Mariah would be HILARIOUS and a LEGENDS-ONLY move. Who else?

Mariah's personality is exactly like the OG divas. It's actually cute to see how much her and Patti are alike.

Comment

• How about Marian vs bianca? ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by MIMIxAyu View Post

How do you find out the inventory? :O
                If you add like 1000 of each to your basket and then view the basket it tells you how many are left in stock!

Comment

• Her cover of If You Only Knew is so gorgeous, she betta know
                  Last edited by allygdale; Mon September 14, 2020, 07:24.
                  #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Do you think it might be the same arrangement as the performance from home she did ?
                    Yes I think it is a more complete version if that.
                    "Maryann's saying cut the tape, cut the tape... KNIFE!"

Comment

• Originally posted by taustin13 View Post
                      She is really giving us everything and the kitchen sink. By the time Christmas Comes, we are all going to be broke.
                      She’s not done yet!
                      See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• The only proper way to do Mariah Verzus is to do a combat of pre-Butterfly-Riah vs post-Butterfly-Riah. Her first 5 albums are really heavy contenders and the more Urban sound from Butterfly towards is really smth different that would be a great match with Pop-Riah.

Comment

• I hope AIW hitting the #1 spot will be an annual Xmas tradition! In like 5 years time, it will be the longest running hot 100 #1 in history lol

Comment

• Mariah Carey drops video for 'Save the Day' honoring female tennis heroes
                            https://ew.com/music/mariah-carey-save-the-day-video/

Mariah Carey unleashed the video for her song "Save the Day" on Saturday, featuring a killer sample from the Fugees 1996 smash hit "Killing Me Softly."

The video served as the official kick-off for ESPN's coverage of the 2020 U.S. Open Women's Singles Championship and was shot at the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center days before the opening of the event. As Carey belts out each note, the imagery of female tennis competitors from the past and present are interwoven with shots of the superstar in and around a classic Cadillac convertible.

Watch Mariah Carey’s Debut ‘Save the Day’ Performance for U.S. Open
                            https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-open-1058874/

Mariah Carey delivered the debut television performance of her Fugees-sampling new single “Save the Day” Saturday as part of the U.S. Open Women’s Final broadcast.

The Rarities is due out October 2nd, just days after the September 29th arrival of the singer’s memoir The Meaning of Mariah Carey.
                            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by BeyondIdolization View Post
                              The only proper way to do Mariah Verzus is to do a combat of pre-Butterfly-Riah vs post-Butterfly-Riah. Her first 5 albums are really heavy contenders and the more Urban sound from Butterfly towards is really smth different that would be a great match with Pop-Riah.
                              Putting your fan hat aside, do you think people would tune in for Mariah herself? I suspect this may be the hold up.

Edit: I am genuinely asking btw because I'm thinking of this myself.

Comment

• I think she could do a good one with someone like Toni Braxton. It ‘d be great to do it with another diva with whom there’s not a rivalry (not even a fanbase rivalry).

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Putting your fan hat aside, do you think people would tune in for Mariah herself? I suspect this may be the hold up.

Edit: I am genuinely asking btw because I'm thinking of this myself.
                                  I do not think there should be a Mariah vs Mariah. As a fan I'm here for it, but I think for the format Mariah should really be there with someone else. Insofar as who it should be with, that's the tricky part if you ask me. I think Janet more so than Toni. Imagine "that's the way love goes" countered by "the roof"!? But of course Mariah's catalogue is so diverse. There's no Janet equivalent of Hero or Through The Rain. To a certain extent Beyonce has a more similar catalogue, as there are big ballads there. But I highly doubt you'd get Mariah to agree to a show down against Beyonce (or vice versa, realistically). Perhaps the format just doesn't quite work for MC...

Comment

• Originally posted by xmel05 View Post
                                    That video is a mess and so is the song. I've always said that Mariah should not have full control over everything she makes coz it turns out to be tacky and bad quality a lot of the time.
                                    Exactly! 100% agree to this. Just compare the quality of songs between different eras, i.e. Pre and post butterfly, pre and post E=MC2, and not to mention her big hits vs the kind of songs like In The Mix, Save the day, I don’t... .Like someone said few pages ago, it’s quite sad that she doesn’t write melodic songs anymore. The decline in the creativity and quality of songs is just obvious. Maybe she just doesn’t care anymore :( as a die heart fan it’s just sad seeing Mariah letting herself go
                                    Last edited by MayoAndMustard; Mon September 14, 2020, 10:47.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

Exactly! 100% agree to this. Just compare the quality of songs between different eras, i.e. Pre and post butterfly, pre and post E=MC2, and not to mention her big hits vs the kind of songs like In The Mix, Save the day, I don’t... .Like someone said few pages ago, it’s quite sad that she doesn’t write melodic songs anymore. The decline in the creativity and quality of songs is just obvious. Maybe she just doesn’t care anymore :( as a die hard fan it’s just sad seeing Mariah letting herself go
                                      Your personal taste and opinions are not fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post

However, I keep reminding myself that this is for the fans. She is not chasing #1’s anymore. She is making music and expressing herself and living her best life. I’m here for it.
                                        Probably why. Perhaps it’s the difference between writing songs which the public like and writing songs which SHE really likes, and sometimes what she likes don’t necessarily mean what people like.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Your personal taste and opinions are not fact.
                                          Of course we all have different preferences and opinions, but difference between the quality of songs is just undeniably. I just miss those days we used to get songs like, Everything fades away, till the end of time, fantasy, heartbreaker, all my life, lead the way, it’s like that, wbt, dfau, tmb, etc......

Comment

• Caution is one of her best albums so I can only disagree with what has been posted above. I also like Save The Day. So yeah... The only time we could objectively argue that her music took a backseat is the 'Stella era', which was for me as a fan of her work a tough period. But since then she noticeably changed the perspective of her career, and I could easily argue she cares a lot more now than she did during some other parts of her career. There were some creative slumps in her music here and there, but I feel like she is more creative now than she was with the TEOM-E=MC˛-MEMOIRS punch.
                                            Eudaimonia
                                            Last.fm
                                            Instagram

Comment

• I love what she sid on EMC2, Memoirs or chanteuse. Caution is a great piece of work.
                                              Are you comparing a tv theme song or a reality tv show song to album cuts?
                                              Stay in 1997 but Mariah always delivers in her albums. I could say many great songs like HATE U, Caution, Giving me life, Faded, You don't know what to do, for the record, The Distance, Languishing etc that invalid your point.
                                              Not everything pre-Butterfly is a gem

Comment

• Even this video is better than that of STD at least it has elegance and class plus the shoots are pretty artistic. Btw would love the video of HATEU to be upgrade to full HD someday x

Comment

• Juicy J wants to sample Mariah and wants her to clear his sample request

Comment

• Is anyone elses youtube channel getting videos taken down lately for copyright claims related to 'Live at The Tokyo Dome'?

I obviously don't have a problem with it, it's their right and expect it's related to the official (pee my pants) release along with Rarities... it just seems a bit heavy handed with it given that only one of like 6 videos taken down actually has any footage from Tokyo... the others are only daydream era and not official recordings.

Is this just heavy handedness or is it for a more interesting purpose... like could we see more than Tokyo released at some point...?

VOL Paris
                                                    Dreamlover Paris
                                                    Fantasy Paris
                                                    AYNAF Paris
                                                    Hero Peace Officers
                                                    Hero Live Mix (only one with footage from Tokyo)

All labelled tokyo dome and blocked by SME in the last week
                                                    Last edited by Rascali; Mon September 14, 2020, 11:22.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X