Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
    I love what she sid on EMC2, Memoirs or chanteuse. Caution is a great piece of work.
    Are you comparing a tv theme song or a reality tv show song to album cuts?
    Stay in 1997 but Mariah always delivers in her albums. I could say many great songs like HATE U, Caution, Giving me life, Faded, You don't know what to do, for the record, The Distance, Languishing etc that invalid your point.
    Not everything pre-Butterfly is a gem
    100% agree

Comment

• Originally posted by kdx1 View Post

If you add like 1000 of each to your basket and then view the basket it tells you how many are left in stock!
      Mariah queen of vinyl records

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

Even this video is better than that of STD at least it has elegance and class plus the shoots are pretty artistic. Btw would love the video of HATEU to be upgrade to full HD someday x
        HATEU song is A+mazing.
        the video is beautiful, especially the cinematography

Comment

• Originally posted by David_Mimi View Post
          100% agree
          Co-signed. And whether Caution is your flavor or not, no one can say it lacks creativity and quality. For me, it's one of her most cohesive albums. The best production she's had in over a decade. The lyrics are solid and the vocal arrangements and harmonies are so tight.

No one is making an album full of original songs with that level of quality 30 years into their career. No one.

Comment

• Funny thing when Mariah announced the MC30 teaser we were begging to get Csn you hear me at least, now we’re getting a full album of unreleased and we’re still complaining

Comment

• I don't know what all of you are talking about. The only thing on my mind is when can I hear the full HWGAA. I have been playing the intro snippet and the chorus snippet on repeat the whole weekend. The song is actually what I imagined Mariah would do if she teamed up with Mark Ronson. Who knew she already did it in 1989-90... maybe she can add a Ronson remix to boost "single" sales...

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                I don't know what all of you are talking about. The only thing on my mind is when can I hear the full HWGAA. I have been playing the intro snippet and the chorus snippet on repeat the whole weekend.
                Same. Can't wait to hear the whole thing in one piece. It's going to be a long 18 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Your personal taste and opinions are not fact.
                  Well it is fact to many of the lambs who feel that way.

Some of the songs she has released recently itself is a far cry from the mature quality of writing (and video) back in her heday. I think Caution is a huge step in the write direction but songs like In the Mix and Save The day don't hit hard enough.

Save The Day already sounds dated to me and strings at the beginning sound cheap and overkill. I think her kinda of throwback also includes dated production.........if you want to do a throwback vibe mix in some modern instrumentation.

I like what Miley is serving with Midnight Sky, very fresh production but a bit of 80s, new wave, synth-pop. She needs some good hot producers.

There's a part of me that thinks that it's also not because she doesn't, but perhaps some of these big producers want nothing to do with her. She has slid down too far, to be seen as a viable commercially relevant artist outside of Christmas. Quite sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

Well, I am not disputing the fact that you (and others) feel that way but it is hugely subjective to say that her recent release(s) "is a far cry from the mature quality of writing (and video) back in her heday."

That's how you feel and I respect that, even though I disagree.

Also, please keep in mind that Save The Day was a song written years ago and only recently completed.
                    See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

Some of the songs she has released recently itself is a far cry from the mature quality of writing (and video) back in her heday. I think Caution is a huge step in the write direction but songs like In the Mix and Save The day don't hit hard enough.

Save The Day already sounds dated to me and strings at the beginning sound cheap and overkill. I think her kinda of throwback also includes dated production.........if you want to do a throwback vibe mix in some modern instrumentation.

I like what Miley is serving with Midnight Sky, very fresh production but a bit of 80s, new wave, synth-pop. She needs some good hot producers.

There's a part of me that thinks that it's also not because she doesn't, but perhaps some of these big producers want nothing to do with her. She has slid down too far, to be seen as a viable commercially relevant artist outside of Christmas. Quite sad.
                      But Save the Day is a song from 2012. I don't think it was meant to sound modern. She just finished it in the vein of what it was back then ?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                        I don't know what all of you are talking about. The only thing on my mind is when can I hear the full HWGAA. I have been playing the intro snippet and the chorus snippet on repeat the whole weekend. The song is actually what I imagined Mariah would do if she teamed up with Mark Ronson. Who knew she already did it in 1989-90... maybe she can add a Ronson remix to boost "single" sales...
                        I’d love to hear a Ronson produced track or whole album. Record real instruments, horns, trumpets, a 60s girl group or jazz sound, it would be golden!
                        "Maryann's saying cut the tape, cut the tape... KNIFE!"

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

But Save the Day is a song from 2012. I don't think it was meant to sound modern. She just finished it in the vein of what it was back then ?
                          that's the point Infamous. It's a rarities album and people still don't get it. In the mix was for a TV series. I mean, it's not going to be part of her legacy. She's not going to give away a great song for that, in that case she would keep for album purposes.

Suddenly lambs sleep on Chanteuse and Caution and we should be celebrating her 30th anniversary in the music industry

Comment

• I don't even know what a MIAM is, bar #B, Faded and Dedicated
                            ​​​
                            Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                              I don't even know what a MIAM is, bar #B, Faded and Dedicated
                              ​​​
                              So you know what it is

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Nice! Thinking of starting a chart myself. Hmm....we'll see.
                                That would be great. Hope to see your Top 5 sometime this week.
                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

that's the point Infamous. It's a rarities album and people still don't get it. In the mix was for a TV series. I mean, it's not going to be part of her legacy. She's not going to give away a great song for that, in that case she would keep for album purposes.

Suddenly lambs sleep on Chanteuse and Caution and we should be celebrating her 30th anniversary in the music industry

That had an opportunity to update the production and re-record the vocals and it still sounds like it was a half baked song.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrdaloren View Post
                                    I think she could do a good one with someone like Toni Braxton. It ‘d be great to do it with another diva with whom there’s not a rivalry (not even a fanbase rivalry).
                                    No please. Toni is not on Mariah's catalog level.

The only person who can compete is Janet.

Comment

So you know what it is
                                      A wonderful 3-track EP
                                      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by mariahguru View Post
                                        I’d love to hear a Ronson produced track or whole album. Record real instruments, horns, trumpets, a 60s girl group or jazz sound, it would be golden!
                                        We know she's not hot enough for Mark Ronson or Calvin Harris for that matter.

Comment

• Comment

• watching Mariah sign that copy of the book made me want a signed copy *even more* aha are they coming or is she just not gonna do any? kinda odd if she isnt doing any tbh given how big a deal this book is for her (or is that what the box of books is for to be signed?)

Comment

• That was a really beautiful video. You can tell this means the world to her.
                                              i love the symbolism of the little girl’s hair matching with the grown woman’s hair in the book’s spine. Very poetic, I love it

Comment

She looks stunning and very natural (in a goofy way)

This is the sort of atire, age appropriate, relateably, not trying to hard and not too revealing (her hair overs the skin) yet sexy at the some time with the lovely hair.

Comment

• On a side note, the memoirs is discounted on Waterstones. Is this normal for most books before release? Or is it not selling that well?

Comment

• Omg instead of just saying how nice the video is, some of you criticise her or say the book is not selling when it's not even out lool

Comment

Working...
                                                    X