No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would love to get/buy a signed copy. Please MC release some and preferably not when I'm sleeping and I miss the post

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

That had an opportunity to update the production and re-record the vocals and it still sounds like it was a half baked song.

That's your wish not the purpose of this record

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
        Omg instead of just saying how nice the video is, some of you criticise her or say the book is not selling when it's not even out lool
        Why do we need to say nice things about the video when it's clearly a hot mess.

The book is clearly discounted so hence the question as I'm not too familiar with how books are normally launched. This is a new thing for most of us.

Comment

• Not in my vortex.
          #CAUTION

Comment

On a side note, the memoirs is discounted on Waterstones. Is this normal for most books before release? Or is it not selling that well?
            its discounted even more on Amazon & WHSmith in the UK, both selling it right now for 10 (50% off)...

but anyways I paid alot for it cause I got the Book/Rarities vinyl bundle to get the Rarities vinyl so paid a hefty for it aha

and would still buy another copy if she does some signed haha
            Last edited by dancamz; Mon September 14, 2020, 21:00.

Comment

Why do we need to say nice things about the video when it's clearly a hot mess.

The book is clearly discounted so hence the question as I'm not too familiar with how books are normally launched. This is a new thing for most of us.

The unboxing of her memoirs is not a mess (that it is what I'm talking about) even the STD ain't that deep

Comment

• Such a cool time to be a lamb:

- Remix EP's almost every week.
                - She looks stunning in the Save The Day video.
                - Save The Day is such a great song. I still have it on heavy rotation and so happy to see it at #1 here on the UKMIX charts.
                - The Rarities coming very soon now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loved the snippets so much!!!
                - The book... not long now. Hope I get mine as soon as!

#grateful #SoBlessed #FeelingEmotions
                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by dancamz View Post

its discounted even more on Amazon & WHSmith in the UK, both selling it right now for 10 (50% off)... but anyways I paid alot for it cause I got the Book/Rarities vinyl bundle to get the Rarities vinyl so paid a hefty for it aha

and would still buy another copy if she does some signed haha
                  Oh really, that's like 50% off the original retail price. I guess suck the lambs in at the beginning and then sell it for the price it's mean to.

10 pounds seems quite cheap for a new book for an A-lister.

I guess the audience of this book is quite small.
                  Last edited by skylynx; Mon September 14, 2020, 21:09.

Comment

Oh really, that's like 50% off the original retail price. I guess suck the lambs in at the beginning and then sell it for the price it's mean to.

10 pounds seems quite cheap for a new book for an list.

I guess the audience of this book is quite small.
                    to be honest such discounts are fairly common, its actually pretty rare for even new books to be sold in places like Amazon and WHSmith at full RRP price (particularly autobiographies and non-fiction), so the fact its discounted isnt anything bad against mariah tbh. if you look at the autobiographies section on WHSmith.co.uk, most if not all recent releases have similar discounts
                    Last edited by dancamz; Mon September 14, 2020, 21:12.

Comment

• If you check other new releases here, there are more new books 50% off. For example Ken Follett's latest book

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/browse.h...ories_0_1_1_12

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

The unboxing of her memoirs is not a mess (that it is what I'm talking about) even the STD ain't that deep
                        And where did i say the hot mess was in relation to that...........it's clearly in reference to the STD video.

Comment

to be honest such discounts are fairly common, its actually pretty rare for even new books to be sold in places like Amazon and WHSmith at full RRP price (particularly autobiographies and non-fiction), so the fact its discounted isnt anything bad against mariah tbh. if you look at the autobiographies section on WHSmith.co.uk, most if not all recent releases have similar discounts
                          Well i thought I had a good deal with the book at 13.60 pounds, i guess in future wait just before the book release and not bother about the pre-order LOL

Comment

Well i thought I had a good deal with the book at 13.60 pounds, i guess in future wait just before the book release and not bother about the pre-order LOL
                            haha well i paid $95 + $20 shipping for the Book and Rarities Vinyl bundle so you still got a good price just lets all appreciate we have a book and lets not worry about how much it is in various shops

(also lets not talk about how much $ i have spent buying the limited editions of all her vinyls this last week cause my bank account is not loving me right now haha)
                            Last edited by dancamz; Mon September 14, 2020, 21:19.

Comment

haha well i paid $95 + $20 shipping for the Book and Rarities Vinyl bundle so you still got a good price just lets all appreciate we have a book and lets not worry about how much it is in various shops
                              I don't have a vinyl player, though this release of her catalogue has me interested, even just to display the record in the house

I would love a TEOM one with the Ultra Platinum cover have they ever released that cover on vinyl?

One thing Mariah does get right most of the time is her album covers; there's been a few misses but overall it's A-List level.

My ranking would be

1) TEOM - Ultra Platinum - the pose, the clothes, the face, the rise like a phoenix quality of the lighting around her.
                              2) Music Box - the haunting face,simple, mature and suits the album
                              3) Butterfly - lovely rich colour, she looks demure, innocent and vulnerable here
                              4) Daydream - striking face and black n white, i just love the dark edge to this album;s concept. We had he CD at home and i loved how the CD was a rich green olive gold colour, expensive
                              5) Merry Christmas - iconic pose and red and white which is very Christmas. She looks very cute here though a little tinge of Snow Queen.
                              6) Caution - the colour, the fiereness of the face, and the hair uh
                              7) #1s - I know many love this cover, i love it for the body and the atire though somethign about it gives me a slight tinge of stripper (in a very classy way). Face is fierce here as well
                              8) Emotions - love the atmospheric nature of this cover, i think it's highly underated just like the album
                              9) Rainbow - iconic cover though a bit in your face and not sure how i would feel displaying this at home all the time to my guests
                              10) MTV Unplugged - love the simpliccity and in the momment photo.
                              11) Mariah Carey - has fierce looking face, though never a fan of this album cover or her super curly hair
                              12) Charmbracelet - just average, nothing to love nothing to hate
                              13) Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel - the first thing i thought when i saw this cover was why is there 3 Mariah's, there's simply no concept.
                              14) MIAMTEC - interesting colour palette though don't like the face/shoulder shot nor the one with the legs, seems too airbrushed weird pose.
                              15) MCIIY - I would enjoy this more if it wasn't for the creepy snowman, they should've edit that out
                              16) Glitter - not a fan of the colours on this cover, Mariah is beeming though not something to display in the home.

Last edited by skylynx; Mon September 14, 2020, 21:38.

Comment

I don't have a vinyl player, though this release of her catalogue has me interested, even just to display the record in the house

I would love a TEOM one with the Ultra Platinum cover
                                i really wanted the TEOM urban outfitters exclusive gold vinyl but i missed it anyone know if its coming back? i got the official store exclusive clear vinyl one though

Comment

i really wanted the TEOM urban outfitters exclusive gold vinyl but i missed it anyone know if its coming back? i got the official store exclusive clear vinyl one though
                                  I got the vinyls from UO, Target and the rest from her store (minus Caution cause it was sold out). I believe someone a few pages back said UO is going to restock.

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeClouds5 View Post

I got the vinyls from UO, Target and the rest from her store (minus Caution cause it was sold out). I believe someone a few pages back said UO is going to restock.
                                    i got all the limited editions from her official store, the UO rainbow and butterfly but missed TEOM so hopefully it comes back, and also missed the VMP exclusives so will wait for those too... anyone else praying for a good Rainbow colour? haha kinda hate that its random and we dont get to pick... i want the violet one

Comment

• Posting this here as I know lambs like doing this, but Youtube user-generated videos no longer count for Billboard charts. Only official uploads count.

Note: Effective with this week's charts (dated Sept. 19), YouTube song UGC (user-generated content) will no longer factor into Billboard surveys. The removal of song UGC will align all streaming content among Billboard's songs and albums charts, and the newly-launched Billboard Global 200 and Billboard Global Excl. U.S. songs charts, to include only official audio and video streams. The change follows the removal of non-song UGC video content from the Hot 100 and other songs charts in January and will result in minimal changes in rank, especially in the top half of the Hot 100.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...100-third-week

This could mean that Mariah & co. now upload more content like lyric videos, etc, which could be good for fans.
                                      See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Yeah, I think I'm gonna end up going for that UO''s TEOM gold edition as soon as they restock it, even though the shipping costs would be like $30.

I ordered the one from her store because I had been waiting years for this release and didn't wanna risk not getting it because of them running out of stock or something.

But that's my effing all-time fave album we're talking about. And it looks divine in gold, damn.
                                        Last edited by SawyerHewitt; Mon September 14, 2020, 21:38.
                                        Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                                          Yeah, I think I'm gonna end up going for that UO''s TEOM gold edition as soon as they restock it, even though the shipping costs would be like $30.

I ordered the one from her store because I have been wanting years for this release and didn't wanna risk not getting it because of them running out 9f stock or something.

But that's my effing all-time fave album we're talking about. And it looks divine in gold, damn.
                                          yeah i already got UO Rainbow and Butterfly and paid the $30 shipping... kinda annoying im gonna have to pay another $30 shipping if it comes back cause i couldnt get it the same time as Rainbow and Butterfly but didnt wanna risk missing those ones too

Comment

i got all the limited editions from her official store, the UO rainbow and butterfly but missed TEOM so hopefully it comes back, and also missed the VMP exclusives so will wait for those too... anyone else praying for a good Rainbow colour? haha kinda hate that its random and we dont get to pick... i want the violet one
                                            YES! I'm praying for the violet. I think everyone who ordered it is. Lol. They should've just made the violet or a rainbow-colored vinyl.

Comment

• Are there any special limited editions of the Book ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                                Are there any special limited editions of the Book ?
                                                Nothing that I've seen yet, but I'm SURE they'll have signed copies available soon.

Comment

• She looks so gorgeous and you can tell this means a lot to her

See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Has anyone seen this video? I hope they do one at least once a week in the lead up to Memoirs. It's really good looking back over old clips, videos and songs in almost chronological order. Very detailed too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM0LbdxHlqI

Comment

Working...
                                                    X