Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
    I see Madonna is playing her demo's on instagram , as someone said here a few days ago ( i can't remember who sorry ) Mariah might have started a trend with her rarities.
    Mariah always the Trendsetter!

Comment

• If artists can release a live version of a song from an album (Eric Clapton's Layla, Mariah's I'll Be There) and have it reach #1, then a studio version of a previously unreleased song should be possible too. If she can spend an evening recording the STD performance or an afternoon recording the GMA live performances, she can easily do a day's worth of family clowning around shots for a video. C'mon Melissa - get Mariah to break another record and start a trend by getting a hit from a unreleased tracks album!

Comment

• I dont get what part of a RARITIES album the lambs arent getting.

why are you complaining about single releases and videos? its annoying, she never even had to release anything. We are lucky to receive these songs in the first palce. They are OLD songs not new songs for a new proper era.

Comment

• Originally posted by unbridled View Post
          I dont get what part of a RARITIES album the lambs arent getting.

why are you complaining about single releases and videos? its annoying, she never even had to release anything. We are lucky to receive these songs in the first palce. They are OLD songs not new songs for a new proper era.
          Exactly! This is a lambily celebration of her 30 years in the music industry. Of her catalog albums and songs. We can't expect to have singles or any effort to promote songs.
          Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
          Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
          Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Love her.

http://www.youtube.com/w/XLPSpveXWRA
            Last edited by delapuerta; Tue September 15, 2020, 14:18.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

Bruce Springsteen is also including 3 unreleased songs from the 70's in his new album. TBH, I love this and I hope to get more stuff from artists' vaults.
              MARIAH

Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post

Exactly! This is a lambily celebration of her 30 years in the music industry. Of her catalog albums and songs. We can't expect to have singles or any effort to promote songs.
                Ok. I think there’s a reasonable place to meet.

I’m beyond grateful for her to release her rarities album and I understand it’s a really personal project of Mariah. Her main motive behind it is to give fans a special celebratory treat? Yes. So let’s appreciate it. But...

It’s also super reasonable to hope for a single and some promotion. It’s a commercial project too. Obviously it’s her choice to decide how much time and money is she gonna spend promoting it. She’ll do what she wants, and she’ll achieve just what she wants. People shouldn’t get too demanding? Yes. Expectations are personal and we shouldn’t get mad for things we create ourselves? Sure. But it’s fair for people to ask for things, and speak out loud about what they wand. Regardless of what she wants to do, people is free to ask for singles, videos and promos.

Let’s just be polite and fair communicating, or at least let’s try. All of us, starting with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

Often imitated, never duplicated.

Comment

• Heads Up Guys:

Urban Outfitters has just restocked The Emancipation of Mimi Gold Vinyl !

Just bought mine!

Comment

• All y’all will be talking about singles when you hear “Here We Go Around Again”and “Cool On You” tho, like dem songs are just hits, period, they don’t leave your head and contain all the elements of hits

COY could have fit on any post-CB album, Caution included, it’s timeless, would have been an even more obvious single than A No No and The Distance

“Loverboy” has amazing clear vocals for radios and GP, there is no doubt Firecracker version would have done better for MC in 2001, I see some of y’all still want it’s pre-release for Glitter week so we can get it to top of iTunes but y’all will sabotage its chances by trashing it to hell all over Twitter on y’all first listen before the people who decide if it’s a hit will be able to form an opinion

Candy is smooth, laidback, complex vocally, a more ratchet “Honey” from the 80s, it has grown on many of us and it’s how we are used to hearing it

Firecracker is more “Heartbreaker (Remix)” 80s demo, a straightforward pop banger, very strong clear head voice in verses, massive full belted choruses, adlibs for days, and the “I love him” and “woo!” hooks, Ludacris or Lil Kim would have been perfect to make it hip-pop in 2001
                      Last edited by allygdale; Tue September 15, 2020, 17:56.
                      #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                        All y’all will be talking about singles when you hear “Here We Go Around Again”and “Cool On You” tho, like dem songs are just hits, period, they don’t leave your head and contain all the elements of hits

COY could have fit on any post-CB album, Caution included, it’s timeless, would have been an even more obvious single than A No No and The Distance

“Loverboy” has amazing clear vocals for radios and GP, there is no doubt Firecracker version would have done better for MC in 2001, I see some of y’all still want it’s pre-release for Glitter week so we can get it to top of iTunes but y’all will sabotage its chances by trashing it to hell all over Twitter on y’all first listen before the people who decide if it’s a hit will be able to form an opinion

Candy version is smooth, laidback, complex vocally with layers and layers and lots of nasal whisper, a more ratchet “Honey”

Firecracker is more “Heartbreaker (Remix)” 80s demo, a no-frills pop banger, very strong clear head voice and stacked full belted chorus, Ludacris or Lil Kim would have been perfect to make it hip-pop in 2001
                        I guess I'll have to wait to form my full opinion on the Firecracker version of Loverboy. My instant reaction from the snippet is, this is not as good as what we got.

Comment

All y’all will be talking about singles when you hear “Here We Go Around Again”and “Cool On You” tho, like dem songs are just hits, period, they don’t leave your head and contain all the elements of hits

Candy is smooth, laidback, complex vocally with layers and layers and lots of nasal whisper, and tons of different hooks, a more ratchet “Honey” from the 80s, it has grown on many of us and it’s how we are used to hearing it

Firecracker is more “Heartbreaker (Remix)” 80s demo, a no-frills pop banger, very strong clear head voice in verses, massive full belted choruses, adlibs for days, and the “I love him” and “woo!” hooks, very straightforward, Ludacris or Lil Kim would have been perfect to make it hip-pop in 2001
                          How many times did you listen to the songs?

can you tell us more about Lullaby live?

how about Close My Eyes 2020?

thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post
                            Heads Up Guys:

Urban Outfitters has just restocked The Emancipation of Mimi Gold Vinyl !

Just bought mine!
                            OK, time to go broke!
                            Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• By the way, I don’t know if it was posted here before, but the vinylmeplease exclusive Music Box and Emotions are sold out too.

Comment

• Ally is like posting the same thing over and over and over for the 1902nd time, it feels like lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrdaloren View Post

How many times did you listen to the songs?

can you tell us more about Lullaby live?

how about Close My Eyes 2020?

thanks
                                  Just twice

No, I haven’t heard any of them after Mesmerized, that is all he had

I do remember thinking the remasters of the bsides sounded so much better though

What I noticed the second time was the adlibs in All I Live For and the chorus in Can You Hear Me sound 2020 tone but she did a great job matching the singing style
                                  Last edited by allygdale; Tue September 15, 2020, 18:22.
                                  #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                                    Ally is like posting the same thing over and over and over for the 1902nd time
                                    And she is welcome to post it again and again. Can't get enough of her posts.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• ^ Exactly. I live for Ally's intelligent and constructive posts.

I wonder if we will ever hear Hypnotized. It was ordered as the first song on her CBS Demo (played to the execs) and she said it was her favourite, so it must have been impressive if she thought it should be the first things the CBS execs would hear...the fact that she said it was excluded from the Debut for being too RnB means it's likely HWGAA was also excluded cos it didn't fit the image they wanted for her..
                                      • "Rob Markman: In 2015, you know, Mariah, you teased us.

MC: With what?

RM: You sent a tweet in 2015 about listening to your demo, “Now playing ‘Hypnotized’”

MC: And now I don’t know where it is, I gotta find it again, but that song was the best song on that demo, that and ‘Vision of Love’ were my favorites song on the demo. And umm, I don’t know where it is now! And they were like, the label was like, “It’s too r&b,” and now I realize why, because it was kinda like a sparse record with just chords and like, I liked the beat. And it was a pretty melody, kinda of like a minor, umm like, haunting kind of a sound and I would have loved it on the first album, but they didn’t want to do it so…

RM: So you don’t know where it is, ‘cause you had it in2015… What I’m getting it as…why can’t we play it too?

MC: It’s been a rocky road for those three years, so I’m pretty sure someone swiped that demo. But, ummm I don’t know, I don’t know… we’ll find it. Actually it would have been a great idea to redo that song or just put the demo out for this album. We’ll find it.
                                        • Genius “Genius Level Mariah Carey”, with Rob Markman, November 14, 2018"

Comment

Just twice

No, I haven’t heard any of them after Mesmerized, that is all he had

I do remember thinking the remasters of the bsides sounded so much better though

What I noticed the second time was the adlibs in All I Live For and the chorus in Can You Hear Me sound 2020 tone but she did a great job matching the singing style
                                        Thank you!

Comment

• Vinyl at VMP are back in stock!

Mariah Carey's Emotions, Music Box and the bundle
                                          twitter.com/H0neyBF1y

Comment

• Mariah had better release something good for #MC30 this week, because I am tired of “fans” whining about a perfectly normal Mariah video and song.

As Ally pointed out, she didn’t have to give us anything, so either be grateful, or just sit there and eat your food.

I wish I were a skinny legend with fans who are perpetually ungrateful and demanding. I’d tell each and every one of them what to do with their disappointment.

Comment

• Where is that Treacle lamb with updates on MC30?

I have a feeling this week will be HWGAA because she teased it on IG, guess we will see
                                              #CAUTION

Comment

• I got my TEOM Gold Edition vinyl, she can now release an I-don't-esque vid for all I care.
                                                Mama is getting my coins.
                                                Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• So much talk and excitement about The Rarities release wow!! I def think that if another song should come out and present this amazing project, the best song to do so is Slipping Away - I feel like it's THE SONG that started the whole rarities thing in the first place and one of Mariah's most beloved songs. every single lamb waits to sream it!! the charts really don't matter but with the right push, it can be a big hit for her!
                                                  #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• I’m so ready for disco-riah with Mesmerized! I’m fascinated by her voice in 2012, because it was right after having the babies, but she really hadn’t released many studio tracks, at least at that point, so we were all waiting to hear what a rested Mariah would sound like.

if it’s anything like the Gotham 2012 performance, I’m ready for it!!!!!! I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X