No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some of the most obscure Mariah references you've come across?

I have one from a US TV show, Hangin' with Mr Cooper (1992-1997) that I used to watch when I was younger. I still remember this scene/line to this day and I finally found it on youtube.

This is from their first season in 1992.

time stamped: https://youtu.be/V_fKgZaxRr8?t=1542

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
      I’m so ready for disco-riah with Mesmerized! I’m fascinated by her voice in 2012, because it was right after having the babies, but she really hadn’t released many studio tracks, at least at that point, so we were all waiting to hear what a rested Mariah would sound like.

if it’s anything like the Gotham 2012 performance, I’m ready for it!!!!!! I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it!!!!
      Yes! I bet dem vocals are not too dissimilar to Gotham and MCIIY, a serve
      Last edited by allygdale; Tue September 15, 2020, 23:35.
      #CAUTION

Comment

• It will be quite interesting to have all the different Mariah voices on one album !!

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
          I’m so ready for disco-riah with Mesmerized! I’m fascinated by her voice in 2012, because it was right after having the babies, but she really hadn’t released many studio tracks, at least at that point, so we were all waiting to hear what a rested Mariah would sound like.

if it’s anything like the Gotham 2012 performance, I’m ready for it!!!!!! I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it!!!!
          You haven’t heard the Monaco concert? It wasn’t long after she reemerged post-Dem Babies. And that festival in Morocco was her first post-pregnancy appearance, I think.

Comment

• Although like most I am SUPER excited to hear the original Loverboy and already I can hear the vocals are better. Cameos ‘Candy’ is such a party classic (especially in the black community I must say) I’m also glad we have that version to.

Im really excited for this album, seeing as this summer is cancelled it sounds like an album I’ll be playing summer 2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

You haven’t heard the Monaco concert? It wasn’t long after she reemerged post-Dem Babies. And that festival in Morocco was her first post-pregnancy appearance, I think.
              These vocals were done right before Gotham, like two weeks at most
              #CAUTION

Comment

• Butterfly, the album, was released on this day in 1997

See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• It actually blows my mind that butterfly was released 23 years ago... I remember it’s release clear as day, it feels like yesterday.

such an artistic evolution that will never be matched in pop/rnb.
                  the only one that tops it is Michael Jackson’s transition from Jackson 5 to the biggest solo star on the planet.

Comment

• Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                    My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                    Forever and always!

Comment

• Originally posted by DNK View Post
                      Can’t pretend I’m not excited for a few bombshells

Comment

• Do we have any idea what is coming on Friday, if anything? Also, do we expect Mariah to be all over the Billboard vinyl chart this coming week!? I don't know how many units you need to sell...

Comment

• Originally posted by sts View Post
                          Do we have any idea what is coming on Friday, if anything? Also, do we expect Mariah to be all over the Billboard vinyl chart this coming week!? I don't know how many units you need to sell...
                          If there’s EPs then we should find out today.

if not, I think that’s a good sign HWGAA will be released!

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

Me too tbh.

I am genuinely curious about the route this book is taking because it is still so up in the air for me.
                            See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Me too tbh.

I am genuinely curious about the route this book is taking because it is still so up in the air for me.
                              I hope it’s not middle-of-the-road stories we’ve heard in interviews, in book form. As a fan, you want to know the real ish behind the scenes. I can’t say I’m not slightly disappointed that she doesn’t talk about her bipolar/mental health, as I honestly believe it could help so many people but for someone living with that diagnosis it’s something you’re continually working through.
                              "Maryann's saying cut the tape, cut the tape... KNIFE!"

Comment

• BBC Radio 1 played AIW like an hour ago lol

The stuff is starting now...

Comment

Do we have any idea what is coming on Friday, if anything? Also, do we expect Mariah to be all over the Billboard vinyl chart this coming week!? I don't know how many units you need to sell...
                                  The vinyl records are out on Nov 6th and January, besides the rarities that comes out on October 2nd

Comment

• does anybody know what we will get this Friday? Still regular EPs or do we get UTS video?

Comment

It actually blows my mind that butterfly was released 23 years ago... I remember it’s release clear as day, it feels like yesterday.
                                      I remember it too, but it feels like another lifetime to me. It was the first time I had to think which cover sleeve I wanted. I went for the eyes closed, though I loved the other one better. Just thought the eyes closed would be limited, so more special.
                                      Also remember recording the CD on cassette to play it in the car. Especially My All was on replay. It screamed SINGLE to me from the first time I heard it.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Wonder what she will tell about Stella...
                                        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

I'd love her to release the "best" song from the rarities too (whether it's HWGAA I'm not sure yet!), but I'm not sure it's as simple as picking an artist to collaborate with and just doing it...The Rarities may be a success but I don't think she has a 20th number 1 in mind with this collection. I just can't wait to hear unheard material spanning almost her entire career! I mean 90's Mariah vocals in 2020...c'mon!
                                          if a song goes viral, it can be 20th.. with a youtube & Spotify promotion

Comment

• Can I just say this is an amazing time to be a lamb and I couldnt be happier even though I spent like $600 in vinyl but I'm sure it sounds better in lol

Comment

• Oh lawd, Friday is going to be Out Here On My Own?

It’s a good vocal but it won’t sell the album or the book

I don’t understand why she releases covers as singles when they always tank in the U.S.
                                              #CAUTION

Comment

• Out Here On My own will be released this friday!

Comment

• BABY BELONG to mEeEEEeeEeEEeeeeeee
                                                  I’m so excited for that legendary Rainbow tone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Billboard does not count a sale until the album/vinyl has shipped so not until they are released. But come November she will he slaying the vinyl charts!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X