No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is MTV Unplugged the only vinyl without a limited edition version?

Also is there any other limited edition versions of the debut available? I can't seem to get either as the one on her official site was locked to a bundle and is sold out and Walmart don't ship internationally for their version either :( kinda wanna get a cool one not just the plain black vinyl haha

Comment

• Excited to hear OHOMO!! I hope Mariah will continue to release songs from The Rarities (esp. Slipping Away)
      #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
        Oh lawd, Friday is going to be Out Here On My Own?

It’s a good vocal but it won’t sell the album or the book

I don’t understand why she releases covers as singles when they always tank in the U.S.
        Well. It’s a meaningful song. Not only popular for a generation, but in terms of lyrics. She’s not talked about it as a single though.

I think it can make some noise.

Comment

Oh lawd, Friday is going to be Out Here On My Own?

It’s a good vocal but it won’t sell the album or the book

I don’t understand why she releases covers as singles when they always tank in the U.S.
          These aren't technically singles. She's telling a story

Comment

• Does anyone know ways to get the Wallmart records internationally? Thanks
            Last edited by Mrdaloren; Wed September 16, 2020, 20:50.

Comment

• 23 years of Butterfly. I still love Babydoll.

Comment

• Originally posted by dancamz View Post
                Is MTV Unplugged the only vinyl without a limited edition version?

Also is there any other limited edition versions of the debut available? I can't seem to get either as the one on her official site was locked to a bundle and is sold out and Walmart don't ship internationally for their version either :( kinda wanna get a cool one not just the plain black vinyl haha
                Doesn't Target have an Unplugged limited edition?
                I saw they restocked it!
                Last edited by SawyerHewitt; Wed September 16, 2020, 21:19.
                Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                  23 years of Butterfly. I still love Babydoll.
                  Yaaaaas! I wish it were a single
                  #CAUTION

Comment

• OHOMO is exactly like the original
                    #CAUTION

Comment

• See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Yaaaaas! I wish it were a single
                        Same, she could release it today and it would still sound fresh.

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

These aren't technically singles. She's telling a story
                          They have the same function as singles

To me, it’s just predictable, cynically give the people what you think is expected from you instead of releasing the best stuff
                          #CAUTION

Comment

They have the same function as singles

To me, it’s just predictable, cynically give the people what you think is expected from you instead of releasing the best stuff
                            Well. Tastes are subjective. You wished above that Babydoll was a single. In my opinion if would have totally flopped. Regardless of it’s quality as a song.

To me is not really predictable. She’s telling a story I didn’t know about and sharing that song. Which is a way of selling the book without spoiling big chunks of information.

It may or may not be a single, but it’s their job. Art related things like these are too exposed. I don’t go to a bread maker and tell them what type of bread they should sell first or what ingredients they should use. I buy the bread, taste it, enjoy it and go back if I like it or just move on to another store. We all tend to want to run artists careers and I think we should just enjoy the ride they offer.

Comment

• I’m crying at that glimpse of the memoir! She is so emotionally intelligent, and really visual in her writing. And what a beautiful tribute to Irene Cara, especially her acknowledging her songwriting and racial heritage. Irene was treated like complete trash by her record label, never paying her what she was worth (and Fame was absolutely MASSIVE)

So excited for MC’s cover! I’m sure it’s filled with the money notes, those Rainbow toned belts!!!!

Comment

• So excited for Friday
                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I LOVE the story behind the song. It's nice to have that context and tidbit, especially as she has never mentioned it before.

However, in terms of newsworthiness, the glimpse from the memoir does very little.

But I am excited to hear the song on Friday!

See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Ugh Queen of generosity, Queen of giving, Queen of the lambily

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post

Doesn't Target have an Unplugged limited edition?
                                      I saw they restocked it!
                                      Target is the same as Walmart... both don't ship internationally.

which is really annoying cause now I'm being blocked from getting 2 of the limited editions as they are only on stores that don't ship internationally and there is no equivalent being sold in UK :(

Comment

Target is the same as Walmart... both don't ship internationally.

which is really annoying cause now I'm being blocked from getting 2 of the limited editions as they are only on stores that don't ship internationally and there is no equivalent being sold in UK :(
                                        The only ones I know are VMP vinyls of Emotions and music box and the ones from Urban outfitters

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

The only ones I know are VMP vinyls of Emotions and music box and the ones from Urban outfitters
                                          Yeah I seem to be able to get all special editions shipped to UK except Debut and MTV which are locked behind stores which only ship within the US :( I've ordered all the other special editions but wanted to complete it and get them all :(

Comment

• Pushing OHOMO at least promotes both the album and the book. I'm excited to hear it!

But I do hope she pushes a fun, original song before the album release or when it releases. HWGRA is always playing in my head and I haven't even heard the whole thing.

Comment

Yeah I seem to be able to get all special editions shipped to UK except Debut and MTV which are locked behind stores which only ship within the US :( I've ordered all the other special editions but wanted to complete it and get them all :(
                                              I'm happy they're shipping to Hawaii this time (which is a part of the U.S.). When I ordered the Deluxe Anniversary Edition of MC and the signed AIW CDs last year, I had to have them shipped to my friend in L.A. cause they wouldn't ship to Hawaii.

Comment

• Weird there’s no update on instagram it’s the book excerpt and song release update... just Twitter

Comment

• The book is printed in size 14 font and double spaced !
                                                  this means the book is not 300 pages, but only 150-200. Its a short memoir
                                                  MESS!

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                                    The book is printed in size 14 font and double spaced !
                                                    this means the book is not 300 pages, but only 150-200. Its a short memoir
                                                    MESS!
                                                    My first thought was that she only wanted to show one quote, not the entire contents of two pages, so those few paragraphs have been spaced out to fill two pages for the visual...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X