No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well finally got round to ordering music box on vinyl and then I added butterfly & rainbow on vinyl too
    You taste just like glitter mixed with rock and roll
    I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
      Agreed, stop with the drip feeding of info, the same users did this with previous albums and I find it annoying. It’s like they get off on the power of it all.
      mid you want to give info, put it one big post with a spoiler button and if people want to read it they can. But part of the fun leading up to a release is us speculating what things will sound like without specific answers being provided.
      It’s not power, there is someone in Brazil who recorded the whole album when it leaked on Apple Music the day the tracklist came out

He is a UKMixer, sometimes you just have to be nice and ask, but it is fair that people don’t want spoilers

Last edited by allygdale; Thu September 17, 2020, 09:31.
      #CAUTION

Comment

• I'm presuming that OHOMO is out midnight ET meaning it won't be available in at midnight in Australia. I may be able to get sleep tonight
        But I'll check anyway... of course.
        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• I'm sure we'd all embarrass ourselves if we tried to get Mariah's attention:

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Her voice sounds gorgeous oh that snippet!! If someone has the full version, can you send me it please?
            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
              Her voice sounds gorgeous oh that snippet!! If someone has the full version, can you send me it please?
              Same. Feel free to PM me and I’ll be loving you long time x

Snippets and excerpts are being realised by Mariah herself, I don’t see how a forum can just shut down because you don’t want to see anything before the release.
              Last edited by mariahguru; Thu September 17, 2020, 09:55.
              "Maryann's saying cut the tape, cut the tape... KNIFE!"

Comment

• Can we all please pick a time when we all plan on listening to every song on the album? I want to make sure I don't comment on anything before we all get a listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeClouds5 View Post
                  Can we all please pick a time when we all plan on listening to every song on the album? I want to make sure I don't comment on anything before we all get a listen.
                  Dude, the album hasn't come out yet, don't be so cynical. You can listen it if you have it but respect the moment of others

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                    I'm presuming that OHOMO is out midnight ET meaning it won't be available in at midnight in Australia. I may be able to get sleep tonight
                    But I'll check anyway... of course.
                    It's out the same time as Save The Day, midnight US ET.

I hope it does well for her standards. I love the snippet
                    See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by mariahguru View Post

Same. Feel free to PM me and I’ll be loving you long time x

Snippets and excerpts are being realised by Mariah herself, I don’t see how a forum can just shut down because you don’t want to see anything before the release.
                      Have done. Thank you
                      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by taustin13 View Post
                        I feel bad for Kanye West and his master's situation with Universal. I don't usually feel bad for the guy but it makes me think about how lucky Mariah Carey is and her ownership of her own music. I've never heard her complain about ownership like most songwriters do. She is one of the Blessed ones.
                        I find Kanye's "rant" interesting too and it is good that he has fostered a new discussion about music ownership. I have since seen many people come forward talking about this (e.g. see Hit Boy here, Bryan Michael-Cox agrees, Big Sean raps about it on his new album).

Also, my understanding is that Mariah owns her publishing, but not her masters? Therefore, wouldn't she be in a similar situation as others who don't own their master recordings? Prince's battle over his masters come to mind hearing about Kanye.

Either way, Mariah has for years spoken about the exploitative nature of the music business and honestly, something needs to be done about it.
                        See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Can anyone else with links please share them with me? Thank you kindly

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I find Kanye's "rant" interesting too and it is good that he has fostered a new discussion about music ownership. I have since seen many people come forward talking about this (e.g. see Hit Boy here, Bryan Michael-Cox agrees, Big Sean raps about it on his new album).

Also, my understanding is that Mariah owns her publishing, but not her masters? Therefore, wouldn't she be in a similar situation as others who don't own their master recordings? Prince's battle over his masters come to mind hearing about Kanye.

Either way, Mariah has for years spoken about the exploitative nature of the music business and honestly, something needs to be done about it.
                            You’re right, Mariah doesn’t own her masters, as far as I know, except for Glitter but does own her publishing due to her excellent business acumen.

I don’t know the ins and outs but owning the master is owning the recording of the studio master recordings, controlling the release and distribution.

Owning your publishing means you own the lyrics, melody, composition of the song and the way it’s used by others. You can perform and receive royalties from your music.

The clincher for many artists is that some iron clad, slave contracts tie your publishing into your record deal meaning your publishing rights go through your label. I think that’s where Kanye sits.
                            Last edited by mariahguru; Thu September 17, 2020, 11:47. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Can the gold TEOM vinyl only be purchased in the US?
                              i can't find it anywhere! The Urban outfitters webpage automatically changes to my country

Comment

• Can someone with the links share with me, too, please? I'll be eternally grateful ❤️

Tried not to listen to the leaked snippets, but that snippet Mariah officially shared really got me emotions, deeper than I've ever dreamed of
                                Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it. -Bruce Lee

Comment

• If they were all completed songs it would have been a very solid album. It always annoys me that When I Feel It and Time of Your Life have never been released! What a wasted opportunity!!!

Comment

• Pls me pm me the links too....please..
                                    AsaPUKE ing bola
                                    king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• We're def gonna need that The Rarities Pt II with When I feel it, Skydiving, Imperfect, Heat, 4real4real, etc lol

STD's chorus is brilliant.
                                      Giving it a couple of spins after a while.
                                      Yas girl!
                                      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

If they were all completed songs it would have been a very solid album. It always annoys me that When I Feel It and Time of Your Life have never been released! What a wasted opportunity!!!
                                        Some of these were golden, I think it would have made a better album than Einstein tbh

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                                          We're def gonna need that The Rarities Pt II with When I feel it, Skydiving, Imperfect, Heat, 4real4real, etc lol

Yas girl!
                                          There For Me, There Goes My Heart, Hypnotized...
                                          Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                                          Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                                          Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

We're def gonna need that The Rarities Pt II with When I feel it, Skydiving, Imperfect, Heat, 4real4real, etc lol

Yas girl!
                                            Not sure about I Feel It. The reason it was scrapped at the last second was that the owner of the publishing for the sample didn’t clear it, which is why she released Joyride on TEOM instead. Unless Mariah can now 15 years later maybe change their minds, she legally cannot release the track.

Comment

Yas girl!
                                              Without a doubt there is content for a part 2 and even part 3.

I just hope this album sparks something in ex-fans/old fans who don’t follow her career anymore but want their 90s Mariah fix. This album deserves success!

Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• If anyone has the full OHOMO I'd love a PM also. I'm planning to buy the song, but my anticipation is on overdrive! I can't wait lol

Comment

• Can someone also PM Out Here On My Own as well? Pretty please!
                                                    http://marcokircher.com
                                                    http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                                    https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                                    IG: marco235

Comment

Working...
                                                    X