Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I do hope next week is HWGAA, only because that chorus just doesn’t leave your head

    Then I guess we can all get it popping to “Cool On You” together with a splash on Oct 2, honestly could hear it on radio

    ”Loverboy (Fire Emoji Version)” could be a Tik Tok thing, maybe Rocky can ask one of dem 16 y/os with 7 billion followers to make a dance
    Last edited by allygdale; Thu September 17, 2020, 19:51.
    #CAUTION

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
      The book is printed in size 14 font and double spaced !
      this means the book is not 300 pages, but only 150-200. Its a short memoir
      MESS!
      OMG. You really think that's truely two pages out of the book....
      My Instagram... - Click here

      Comment


      • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
        Do y’all remember that mash up of Shake It Off with What A Feeling from back in the day?! I can’t find it anywhere anymore
        I played it soooooooooooooooooooo often. Loved it. But it is actually a mash up of Up Out My Face and What A Feeling.
        My Instagram... - Click here

        Comment




        • My favorite version of Out Here On My Own with the stunning vocals of Miss Tina Arena.
          She also did an amazing version of I Want To Know What Love Is.

          Can't wait till tomorrow and hear what Mariah's version sounds like.
          My Instagram... - Click here

          Comment


          • Originally posted by RayRay View Post


            My favorite version of Out Here On My Own with the stunning vocals of Miss Tina Arena.
            She also did an amazing version of I Want To Know What Love Is.

            Can't wait till tomorrow and hear what Mariah's version sounds like.
            She's a great singer ❤

            Comment


            • Sorry to add to the requests and I know it's not long to wait for the official version but if someone could let me have link to OHOMO I would be very grateful
              Meteorite-ite-ite!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by mc4tw View Post
                Sorry to add to the requests and I know it's not long to wait for the official version but if someone could let me have link to OHOMO I would be very grateful
                Same please!

                Comment




                • The difference between HATEU and the demo sang by The Dream really showcases Mariah’ pen game and she totally upgraded the song by singing it in a more melodic way.

                  Comment


                  • Cher also did a version as well, and Susan Boyle has a lovely version

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMYU3tooQO8
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh4INdX3K68

                    Tina is an incredible vocalist. When she debut in the early 90s a well she was compared at times to Mariah in Australia. Chains was amazing.

                    I think Irene's version is still the best so far but vocally i dont' find her that impressive, she's more a straightorward singer.

                    I'm really excited for what Mariah can do with this song, i hope it soars.

                    There's something about this song where it seems you can totally let rip though it pulls back perhaps a bit too quickly. Imagine an All in your Mind (snippet) style of let rip on this song. We can only dream.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post


                      The difference between HATEU and the demo sang by The Dream really showcases Mariah’ pen game and she totally upgraded the song by singing it in a more melodic way.
                      There's a mash-up of both versions on YouTube and I so love it.
                      Their harmonies blend so well.
                      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post


                        The difference between HATEU and the demo sang by The Dream really showcases Mariah’ pen game and she totally upgraded the song by singing it in a more melodic way.
                        She did a Beyonce on the Memoirs album, you can tell by the demo leaks of all the pre-written songs that she stuck her name to by changing some lyrics. Definitely my least favourite record.
                        "Maryann's saying cut the tape, cut the tape... KNIFE!"

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by mariahguru View Post
                          She did a Beyonce on the Memoirs album, you can tell by the demo leaks of all the pre-written songs that she stuck her name to by changing some lyrics. Definitely my least favourite record.
                          it wasn't like that. He recorded the demo but they wrote the songs together

                          Comment


                          • It’s ready!!!
                            Listen to content by Mariah Carey.
                            "Maryann's saying cut the tape, cut the tape... KNIFE!"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

                              it wasn't like that. He recorded the demo but they wrote the songs together
                              The songs were already written and she chose the ones she wanted to put on her album and rewrote them. It is what it is.
                              "Maryann's saying cut the tape, cut the tape... KNIFE!"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mariahguru View Post

                                The songs were already written and she chose the ones she wanted to put on her album and rewrote them. It is what it is.
                                No, it wasn't like that. You can tell many of the songs have her inflections, it was a back&forth. He brought stuff to the plate, but sure she did the same.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by mariahguru View Post

                                  The songs were already written and she chose the ones she wanted to put on her album and rewrote them. It is what it is.
                                  I personally don’t know how they were written, but in this particular song you can compare the lyrics and see there are plenty of differences.



                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                    I think Irene's version is still the best so far but vocally i dont' find her that impressive, she's more a straightorward singer.

                                    I'm really excited for what Mariah can do with this song, i hope it soars.

                                    There's something about this song where it seems you can totally let rip though it pulls back perhaps a bit too quickly. Imagine an All in your Mind (snippet) style of let rip on this song. We can only dream.
                                    Keep dreaming, MC’s is straightforward too and it’s gorgeous
                                    #CAUTION

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by allygdale View Post

                                      Keep dreaming, MC’s is straightforward too and it’s gorgeous
                                      I am SO looking forward to a straight forward vocal in chest voice. I have waited for years for this.

                                      Comment


                                      • So was OHOMO originally recorded for the Glitter soundtrack?

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                          I am SO looking forward to a straight forward vocal in chest voice. I have waited for years for this.
                                          There are bits in head voice, just not very much.

                                          I mean it’s not that big of a deal, almost all of E=MC2 and many songs on TEOM and MIAMTEC were all in chest voice
                                          Last edited by allygdale; Fri September 18, 2020, 00:26.
                                          #CAUTION

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by allygdale View Post

                                            There are bits in head voice, just not very much.

                                            I mean it’s not that big of a deal, almost all of E=MC2 and many songs on TEOM and MIAMTEC were all in chest voice
                                            Not a straightforward vocal though. This seems like as if it's a main vocal line without loads of overlapping and backgrounds etc and it's been a long time since she has done something simple like that.

                                            Comment


                                            • I’m so excited for OHOMO tonight !! Mariah is so good to her fans !! I really appreciate her giving us Lambs this rarities Album as a treat.

                                              Comment


                                              • If y’all got it early pm me please.
                                                Me. I am Itsawrap.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                                  If y’all got it early pm me please.
                                                  Lol. You're just as bad as me. We got a little over 2 hours left. We can do it!

                                                  I definitely overdid it with the snippet. I forced myself to not listen to it today.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • I wonder why it was NOT included on Glitter though... maybe due to shifting labels?
                                                    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

                                                    Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

                                                    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X