No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's literally PERFECT. I will not accept any review other than that cause I just stated a fact. That TONE, RESONANCE and AGILITY are INSANE!!!

Comment

• As everyone has already said it’s that TONE, like velvet. I love the song instantly which is what I no longer get from her ballads these days I much prefer her midtempos. I hope it inspires her to keep her next ballads simple. The cover is gorgeous it stopped me in my tracks such an honest vocal. I just love her.

Comment

• i hope they promote and push this. There’s a whole generation of kids who have never heard of the original.
        imagine how mind blowing to hear this tune and with her vocals for the first time.

Comment

• I am surprised it didn’t make Rainbow or Glitter
          Last edited by allygdale; Fri September 18, 2020, 07:23.
          #CAUTION

Comment

• So raw and emotional. Her best cover since 1901

Comment

• Speechless. How beautifully sung

Comment

• Such emotional and heartfelt vocal performance by MC. It's exactly what I expected from her.....Irene Cara was my girl back in the day but never heard of OHOMO..haha...Mariah took the song to a different level imo.

Comment

• And, with the exception to OMT, all of Mariah's covers have been superb!

Comment

• One of only a few songs where I believe every single lyric Mariah is singing

i wouldn't be surprised if this was recorded in 1 take. Its so emotional and raw. I was expecting sounds of her crying at the end.

Comment

• The song and the vocals is fire. Chills over the whole body. 10 points out of 10 !

Comment

• I love it. Such an amazing gift to receive after so many years! Loved that her voice is so upfront and the arrangement is very simple. Really miss hearing this kind of production on her latest releases.

THE RARITIES ERA IS A+MAZING
                        http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• I expect someone to do an Irene/Mariah mashup

Comment

• Speechless. Sheer beauty

Comment

• I've said it before that what excites me about this album are OHOMO and Loverboy, and yas Mariah didn't disappoint me so far. I loved the original, and Mariah's version made me love the song even more! It's beautiful, vulnerable. At some point her voice sounds just like the present, more of E=MC2/Tennessee era.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mckenry View Post
                                some point her voice sounds just like the present, more of E=MC2/Tennessee era.

doesn’t it! It almost made me a bit sad because it’s like her brain can still sing exactly like this, like knowing where the inflections go, Naturally where to place full voice etc. But then it just doesn’t come out the same as it used to, with the same clarity if that makes sense. Which must be so frustrating for her!

Comment

• Love the song so much! Very raw and emotional...almost brought me to tears...Thanks Mariah for give us this instant classic

Comment

• I loved the honesty of the production. No layers, no overlapping vocals, just her voice and the piano in probably one take. We can hear some of the breathing and subtle crackings on her voice, but those imperfections are what makes it perfect. Amazing!
                                    Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                                    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                                    Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• I imagine a simple video comprising childhood photos and rare footages of her early years in the industry where she’s in a crowd but looking alone and closing with a photo of her and her children

Comment

• What a beautiful song!!
                                        See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• This is a superb rendition (I'd expect nothing less), but listening with headphones takes it to a new level - you hear the nuances in her vocals so much more.

New Mariah is a lovely start to Friday!

This has probably been answered already but when did she record this? Late 90s/early 00s?

Comment

• Girl, that Rainbow tone.
                                            THAT TONE!!!!
                                            Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• #180 in iTunes

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                                This is a superb rendition (I'd expect nothing less), but listening with headphones takes it to a new level - you hear the nuances in her vocals so much more.

New Mariah is a lovely start to Friday!

This has probably been answered already but when did she record this? Late 90s/early 00s?
                                                In 2000 for Glitter.

Comment

• I can’t speak. Her best cover and it never made an album. Crying.
                                                  To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Originally Recorded for the Glitter movie

Comment

Working...
                                                    X