Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post

In 2000 for Glitter.
    Thanks for clarifying. You can so hear it play through in her tone, that this was recorded around that time.

Comment

• It's nice to hear her singing without doing the Whisper so much, I miss her belting so much.
      ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Comment

• Her vocals are literally better than any song on Glitter apart from Lead The Way. That was recorded during the Butterfly sessions though and nobody will persuade me otherwise.
        To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• OHOMO
          QUEEN MARIAH
          Mariah Carey is the first and only artiste to have #1 singles in four different decades
          Your basic faves could never

Comment

• and we've never known she had recorded this

Comment

• The song is beautiful, but it does not blow me away or something. Still in the middle on how it stands against the original, but i'm not into these type of ballads anyway. Her vocals are mesmerizing though, and i'm sure there will be other tracks on the rarities that I will enjoy more. Can't wait!
              Eudaimonia
              Last.fm
              Instagram

Comment

• Just wanna say that Out Here On My Own is one of the saddest songs ever made and Mariah's rendition made it heavier on the chest. You can really hear how much she connects to the song. I could not imagine Mariah singing, understanding the pain and meaning of that song at a very young age. Ugh. Good thing, she won the contest.

I think the song inspired her to write Outside and Looking In.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfily View Post
                  OHOMO
                  QUEEN MARIAH
                  Oh can we please have OHOMO as an affirmation or compliment or something
                  MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• The date on the tape says 28th of april 2000. So it had to be recorded around that date.

I didn’t realize “so, it’s just the way” was the working title for Want You. Anyway, I wonder what songs are the ones that have been hidden.

I’m absolutely blown away by the beaty of this track. The lyrics are so representative of herself. Even the recent “portrait”, and that night in which she’s bottling up inside before the morning comes, take me back to this song.

I love the fact that she’s using a lot of her low register and she doesn’t go for the whistle notes. The emotion is so perfect and her notes are so powerful that nothing else is needed. No layers, no double voices. Just her and her feeling. Raw like that. I’m amazed by the song. What a gift.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mckenry View Post
                      Just wanna say that Out Here On My Own is one of the saddest songs ever made and Mariah's rendition made it heavier on the chest. You can really hear how much she connects to the song. I could not imagine Mariah singing, understanding the pain and meaning of that song at a very young age. Ugh. Good thing, she won the contest.

I think the song inspired her to write Outside and Looking In.
                      It would be amazing if someone taped that singing contest

Comment

• Mariah would record Out Here On My Own ten days later

#tone #tone #tone
                        #CAUTION

Comment

• Fans need to promote this song on social media.

Comment

• Her team needs to check why the song is not available on the regular YouTube (for countries that don't have YouTube Music) I cannot get the song on YouTube never had this problem with STD.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                              Fans need to promote this song on social media.
                              Mariah*

Originally posted by sm3 View Post
                              Her team needs to check why the song is not available on the regular YouTube (for countries that don't have YouTube Music) I cannot get the song on YouTube never had this problem with STD.
                              Hopefully it's not a rights issue!
                              See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Mariah*

Hopefully it's not a rights issue!
                                Hope so too. These are lost streams

Comment

• Credit shown tht Mariah owned the song. Did she bought or granted the rights to own all her unreleased stuff b4 leaving Sony. Bcoz normal practice is label will own all the artist released n unreleased stuff. Her MC30 remix all stated sony columbia as the owner. But when it comes to songs in Rarities. She is the owner. Does someone have any idea? This mean she will earn buck load of money from the sale n stream of Rarities since she own the masters.
                                  DIVAS

Comment

• Wow what a stunning rendition. It’s such a simple song and Mariah’s vocal arrangement keeps you gripped.
                                    "Maryann's saying cut the tape, cut the tape... KNIFE!"

Comment

• In love with this rendition.

Comment

• It's crazy hearing new old Mariah vocals (if that makes sense). The "on my owwwwwwwwwnnnn" gives me WBT vibes

Ballads like this aren't really my cup of tea, but it's a great vocal, hopefully generates some buzz about the album.

Comment

• I could actually hear this as a duet with Ariana. She also loves musical theatre/musicals. They would sound beautiful together on this, so just putting it out into the world.

Comment

• This is an incredibly rendition of the song, i have this on a loop at the moment.

Loving the vocals and missing this type of strong, clear delivery from Mariah.

I think we've always wanted a Mariah sounding like she once did.....this project is the closest we'll ever come now to that. Cherish it you guys.

Comment

• I think they should promote Here We Go Round Again next week and big time, maybe with a video, a story, a TV interview where they play it, get it first on Apple Music Hot Tracks, then, make Cool On You the “Hot Track” the week of release
                                              #CAUTION

Comment

• Glorious vocals!
                                                I AM A GOD!

Comment

• The listening experience is so much better if you play Out Here On My Own followed by Hero (2008 Version). Both songs sound like they were recorded within the same era.

Comment

• after Out Here vocals I cannot hear Save The Day at all anymore

Comment

Working...
                                                    X