Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What a beautiful rendition of that song. Her tone is everything! The vocals remind me of against all odds. I’m very curious as to the song titles that she crossed off for us to see on the glitter tape. Perhaps for rarities part two?

    Comment


    • This is one of the greatest ballads she's ever released... also one of her best covers... and one of the best vocal performances by a woman in music.

      It just shows so clearly how ahead of the gang she really is or was. That tone is unparalelled. In terms of tone and colours... only Whitney can compete. Mariah is that girl...

      I am beyond myself that she gave us this to enjoy during the weekend. I'm at peace and my soul is free.
      My Chart

      Comment


      • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
        This is one of the greatest ballads she's ever released... also one of her best covers... and one of the best vocal performances by a woman in music.

        It just shows so clearly how ahead of the gang she really is or was. That tone is unparalelled. In terms of tone and colours... only Whitney can compete. Mariah is that girl...

        I am beyond myself that she gave us this to enjoy during the weekend. I'm at peace and my soul is free.
        I absolutely love this. Such a simple vocal line, uncomplicated, no layering. Her voice sounds so rich and those belts at the end gave me chills. I listened to this nine times in a row. The belt at the end is amazing. I really cannot wait for this album now.

        It was incredible to hear that voice on a new track in 2020. It was similar feeling when I heard prime Whitney on Higher Love last year.

        Also - unpopular opinion - Mariah's rainbow TONE is the best her voice has ever sounded. ( tonally)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by InFamous View Post



          Also - unpopular opinion - Mariah's rainbow TONE is the best her voice has ever sounded. ( tonally)
          I've been saying this for decades (for 2 decades to be exact). Her voice so thick and rich during that time... but also fragile. It's like butter over her vocal chords... it's so soothing and adds so much depth. I know the Grammy for vocal performance is not about the voices of the singers... but if it were, she should have won something for her 1997-2001 vocals. How can anyone listen to this kind of slayage and say: Meh?
          My Chart

          Comment


          • Enjoying Out Here On My Own. But also wondering what two other songs she has in the vault from the Glitter sessions.
            My Instagram... - Click here

            Comment


            • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

              I've been saying this for decades (for 2 decades to be exact). Her voice so thick and rich during that time... but also fragile. It's like butter over her vocal chords... it's so soothing and adds so much depth. I know the Grammy for vocal performance is not about the voices of the singers... but if it were, she should have won something for her 1997-2001 vocals. How can anyone listen to this kind of slayage and say: Meh?
              There is simply no one that has ever sounded like that before in history.

              Comment


              • I feel she shouldn’t have given us STD. I imagine the songs on this album are more OHOMO in terms of quality.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post


                  doesn’t it! It almost made me a bit sad because it’s like her brain can still sing exactly like this, like knowing where the inflections go, Naturally where to place full voice etc. But then it just doesn’t come out the same as it used to, with the same clarity if that makes sense. Which must be so frustrating for her!
                  I ALWAYS think of this. I used to be a singer and my voice isn’t what it used to be because I stopped years ago. When inspiration hits, I’ll write songs for the voice I used to have! It is frustrating for me... so imagine for HER!! On a so much bigger scale. And everyone always commenting on it, too. (I can’t find a crying emoji for this part)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Mckenry View Post
                    Just wanna say that Out Here On My Own is one of the saddest songs ever made and Mariah's rendition made it heavier on the chest. You can really hear how much she connects to the song. I could not imagine Mariah singing, understanding the pain and meaning of that song at a very young age. Ugh. Good thing, she won the contest.

                    I think the song inspired her to write Outside and Looking In.
                    Yes, now that I heard the song, the part that she shared from her book feels much more emotional. I needed to hear this to really get what she meant.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by sYair View Post
                      I wonder why it was NOT included on Glitter though... maybe due to shifting labels?
                      Nothing to do with shifting labels. Other songs from this time did make the final album.
                      I guess in the end three original ballads were chosen and there was just no room in the movie for another ballad.
                      My Instagram... - Click here

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                        In terms of tone and colours... only Whitney can compete. Mariah is that girl...
                        Now that you say this, yes!! This is like a Whitney song. Everything about it is from that time, that generation of giant female voices that didn’t need a lot of production to shine.

                        Comment


                        • Team Mariah fix this YouTube mess if you're reading this. I've only heard the song through a reaction video. The audio has not been uploaded to the regular Youtube (for countries without Youtube Music) I want to hear the song without any interruptions. Be considerate not everyone has YTM

                          Comment


                          • And this is why she’s THE Mariah Carey Bitches could never & never will

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by RayRay View Post

                              Nothing to do with shifting labels. Other songs from this time did make the final album.
                              I guess in the end three original ballads were chosen and there was just no room in the movie for another ballad.
                              and maybe because Out here on my own belongs to another movie

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by markwalde View Post

                                I ALWAYS think of this. I used to be a singer and my voice isn’t what it used to be because I stopped years ago. When inspiration hits, I’ll write songs for the voice I used to have! It is frustrating for me... so imagine for HER!! On a so much bigger scale. And everyone always commenting on it, too. (I can’t find a crying emoji for this part)

                                im a singer too, maybe that’s why I get it. Poor Mariah!

                                Comment


                                • It feels more like it was intended for #1s to me

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                    I've been saying this for decades (for 2 decades to be exact). Her voice so thick and rich during that time... but also fragile. It's like butter over her vocal chords... it's so soothing and adds so much depth. I know the Grammy for vocal performance is not about the voices of the singers... but if it were, she should have won something for her 1997-2001 vocals. How can anyone listen to this kind of slayage and say: Meh?
                                    Agree with all of this! And this was around the time she had the whole pretty Rainbow, straight hair look, and her speaking voice was really smoky too! It was like she wasn’t a human being... some kind of super-human!

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                                      I feel she shouldn’t have given us STD. I imagine the songs on this album are more OHOMO in terms of quality.
                                      I low-key hate STD


                                      oooops
                                      MARIAH

                                      Comment


                                      • That hurts mariah.
                                        That hurts.
                                        AsaPUKE ing bola
                                        king lalam ning TETE

                                        Comment


                                        • This needs a video.
                                          A simple Hero/Ken Lee type video, of Mariah singing her lungs out

                                          Comment


                                          • STD doesn't even compare to OHOMO.

                                            Comment


                                            • Now that’s the mariah we know.
                                              STD COULD NEVER.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by markwalde View Post

                                                I ALWAYS think of this. I used to be a singer and my voice isn’t what it used to be because I stopped years ago. When inspiration hits, I’ll write songs for the voice I used to have! It is frustrating for me... so imagine for HER!! On a so much bigger scale. And everyone always commenting on it, too. (I can’t find a crying emoji for this part)
                                                From that perspective, this release is probably bittersweet for her. All the lambs will be praising these vocals left and right.

                                                Comment


                                                • Bish, hadn't noticed until someone pointed out!
                                                  She crossed out two other tracks on that vid she posted with the OHOMO clip hahaha

                                                  Guess she didn't want lambs driving her nuts, trying to get her to release those two too lol
                                                  Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                                    This needs a video.
                                                    A simple Hero/Ken Lee type video, of Mariah singing her lungs out
                                                    Ken Lee

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X