• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the top center picture here.

https://twitter.com/21deppstreet/sta...50742015418369

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
      I feel she shouldn’t have given us STD. I imagine the songs on this album are more OHOMO in terms of quality.
      I feel like I don’t want to hear STD again. After hearing OHOMO, STD sounds so cheap now. She should’ve promoted the older songs especially HWGAG

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
        I always wondered about Emotions’ cover art. Why did they use that particular shot? It seemed like a random choice.

Comment

• I must've teared up a few times listening to this song......there are a few lyrics which really hit me and true to how I'm feeling at times and I think back on "that" person.

Sometimes I wonder where I've been,
          Who I am,
          Do I fit in.
          Make believein' is hard alone,
          Out here on my own.

When I'm down and feelin' blue,
          I close my eyes so I can be with you.

Comment

• Just wondering out loud: Could OHOMO be nominated for an award even though it was recorded in 2000?
            http://marcokircher.com
            http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
            IG: marco235

Comment

• So it seems there is indeed a problem with the audio on YouTube. It cannot be viewed in most countries. It can only be viewed on YouTube Music US
              Look at the comments below this tweet. People are not able to view in the UK, Australia, Spain, the Philippines, etc. People are claiming sabotage.

Last edited by sm3; Fri September 18, 2020, 16:30.

Comment

• What a silly thing to happen^

Comment

• I’m amazed by the one take kind of vocals and the feeling she put in OHOMO but I’m always amazed every time she sings. I saw her in London during the Caution tour and I was speechless with the way she sounds.

One of the things that captivates me the most about her is when she goes down and uses her mid low register. Is not something that happens that often and I really love it.

By the way, I noticed some of you talked about different mixes of the STD song so I erased it from my library and downloaded it again. I gotta say the changes might ve subtle, but it sounds amazing. It’s less noisy, the levels of the layers work better (or so I feel about it) and this last version I downloaded has the JD line that the first version lacked. I like it a lot too.

OHOMO is amazing because of her voice, but not only. The emotion it’s so real it’s mesmerizing.

I’m in love with this album.

Comment

• I'm obsessed and in love with this new song. Thanks, Mariah for giving us such a beautiful master piece. Now lets all stream it on spotify

Comment

• Sad that uploader on yt deleted Prisoner demo.

Comment

• Would love to know what Irene Cara thinks of Mariah's version...

Comment

• This is so gorgeous!!!
                          You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post

Now that you say this, yes!! This is like a Whitney song. Everything about it is from that time, that generation of giant female voices that didn’t need a lot of production to shine.
                            Her sustained belt at the end with the vibrato totally reminds me of Whitney. It's so refreshing to hear her voice again in such a simple arrangement like this. This is a typical Adele type delivery piano ballad. It is perfect. I love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ilearnedfromthebest View Post
                              Sad that uploader on yt deleted Prisoner demo.
                              I heard it on YouTube a few days ago as part of another compilation. I’ll see if I can find it

edit : it was Someday actually

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I feel like I don’t want to hear STD again. After hearing OHOMO, STD sounds so cheap now. She should’ve promoted the older songs especially HWGAG
                                it's possible in this life to listen to 2 songs

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Her sustained belt at the end with the vibrato totally reminds me of Whitney. It's so refreshing to hear her voice again in such a simple arrangement like this. This is a typical Adele type delivery piano ballad. It is perfect. I love it.
                                  indeed it reminds to Lead the way long belt more than Whitney

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

Yes it also reminds me of the first part of that one, but I meant more in the way of how she kept it simple. If you compare it to LTW belt it is just a simple one note belt with vibrato. The LTW one is stunning of course, but her approach on this is equally effective in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

I agree with the Lead the way comparison!

Comment

• It’s comparable to LTW because neither have any backing vocals

Comment

• HWGAA in this original form can’t be a successful single, because of the production... it sounds dated, like early 90s sitcom opening themes...
                                          The songs needs a remix. Hope they’re on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                            It’s comparable to LTW because neither have any backing vocals
                                            I waa referring to the long belt with vibrato but in LTW she adds some extra runs at the end, but the tone matches to me in both songs

Comment

• 13 hours later and the audio is only available on YouTube Music US, Her label/team needs to get serious. Many people in major markets globally are unable to stream on YouTube

Comment

• Happy to read your comments and see the overwhelming love to this song

Comment

• This is honestly a really special recording. You can feel how much "Out Here On My Own" and its lyrics mean to Mariah through her vocal performance and it is breathtaking!

If I wasn't convinced before (and I probably already was), I'm definitely going to purchase The Rarities Vinyl + Book Combo. Guess someone is getting that extra copy of her book as a Christmas gift this year lol.

Comment

• Also, "Out Here On My Own" is currently #46 on the U.S. iTunes Sales Chart.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X