Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InfoFromAus I love that tweet!

I'm actually really enjoying Rupaul's Vegas residency show on VH1. The cast went to see Mariah's Butterfly Returns show back in 2018, and I'm kind of hoping she makes a small appearance on the show, since a lot of the queens stan her (although I'll never forgive that abomination of a "tribute" a couple seasons back of RPDR)

Comment

• ^ we don't talk about the tribute

What I liked about the tweet is it shows what music means to people and the part Mariah plays in that for so many. Especially people who kind of felt on the outside.
      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
        I love the Emotions photoshoot. Still is a bit different for her to this day - gives me a kind of grounded or free vibe, and the cover captures 'emotions' quite well.

Those photos are great!
        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
          At this point in my listening experience... i'm not even on the bathroom floor anymore... I'm in the basement.
          #OnTheBasementFloor #LambilyUnderground

#CAUTION

Comment

• Loving this song, repeating it quite often now.

This album is truly going to be a gem. I just hope all this love translates to some commercial success and general public awareness. Those who love Mariah back in the 90s need to be reminded of her greatness and come back to support her more.

Comment

• On the second day (well, on the Saturday) with this song and it is more captivating now than on first listen.

I always thought it was an ok/pretty song but for me Mariah's voice/vocal elevates it and I have been listening to it a lot.
              So happy she chose that delivery for the song that respects the original.
              MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• I’ve probably played this song 100 times since it came out
                I AM A GOD!

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

indeed it reminds to Lead the way long belt more than Whitney
                  LTW belt is “technically” more impressive, but everything that truly captivates me hearing Mariah’s voice is in OHOMO

Her rich timbre and natural vibrato give me life

Last edited by allygdale; Fri September 18, 2020, 23:42.
                  #CAUTION

Comment

• It's a whole new different experience listening to the song in earphones/headphones!
                    AsaPUKE ing bola
                    king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                      Loving this song, repeating it quite often now.

This album is truly going to be a gem. I just hope all this love translates to some commercial success and general public awareness. Those who love Mariah back in the 90s need to be reminded of her greatness and come back to support her more.

Exactly. I hope her team really pushes this album to the gp. At least create awareness that it exists. Right now it seems like an only fan (:p) project

Comment

• Lyric video!

Wasn't expecting that! It's sweet... and very fitting.

Last edited by InfoFromAus; Sat September 19, 2020, 00:11.
                        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• So many pictures of little Mariah.

It's very personal... it must be emotional for her doing this project. She is giving us a glimpse into her life.

There's a love heart with M+K... ?
                          Last edited by InfoFromAus; Sat September 19, 2020, 00:18.
                          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Very beautiful lyric video

Her tone is unmatchable

Comment

• I'm so glad they finally released a great lyric video! For a lot of people, it's a little tricky to sometimes understand Mariah's diction when she whispers, especially if people don't have a clear sound system, so a lyric video is so helpful. Beautiful photos, God she has such a phenomenal promotional machine. They really understand the nuances that make her the beloved superstar she's globally known as (and probably because Mariah is at the helm of it, slay queen)

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
                                I'm so glad they finally released a great lyric video! For a lot of people, it's a little tricky to sometimes understand Mariah's diction when she whispers, especially if people don't have a clear sound system, so a lyric video is so helpful. Beautiful photos, God she has such a phenomenal promotional machine. They really understand the nuances that make her the beloved superstar she's globally known as (and probably because Mariah is at the helm of it, slay queen)
                                They do... they really managed to bring Mariah back to being Mariah, if that makes sense.

Comment

• I just can't get enough of OHOMO right now. It's been on repeat since it's release. There's just something magical about Mariah's voice that only she can do to elevate such simple song.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                    I went for a walk this evening after dark to a deserted park with just some lights, warm and a nice wind blowing. Listened to Out here on my own over and over again on good earphones turned up full volume. It's so amazing to hear that 2000 voice on a new track in 2020. It's like being transported back in time. I screamed out the climax along with Mariah as no one was there so I could let loose
                                    The last sentence.......i did exactly that too. But mine was while driving to and back from work today. The volume was of course at the max as I tried to contain my excitement

Comment

• The lyric video is PERFECT!
                                      captures the sentiment perfectly

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                        Lyric video!

That's the best lyric vid she has done IMO. 10/2 can't come soon enough.

Especially with the news that many of our rights will likely be reversed soon, the US lambs need the distraction.

Comment

• I haven’t played a mariah track on repeat like this for ages. She has a major hit here. At least in my house

Comment

• Sounds corny, but this song is hitting me harder because of RBG’s death (as an American). I’m so beyond broken, and MC’s voice is really giving me a lot of faith.
                                            Last edited by MsWeiss; Sat September 19, 2020, 03:21. Reason: Broken, not broke (but that too lol)

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
                                              Sounds corny, but this song is hitting me harder because of RBG’s death (as an American). I’m so beyond broke, and MC’s voice is really giving me a lot of faith.
                                              OMG, Ruth! NOOOOO! RIP Legend.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                                                I haven’t played a mariah track on repeat like this for ages. She has a major hit here. At least in my house
                                                Me too

Maybe the public just doesn’t pay attention to power ballads the way they used to unless it has the name Adele attached

But like it’s only 3:15, the vocals start immediately, it’s practically Spotify/streaming gold, dem 12-24s need exposure, Rocky should Venmo a TikTok legend

HWGAA serves tone and tempo like AIWFCIY so maybe that can still come out before the album and get it some more attention

Whatever happens, I am living for the music

Last edited by allygdale; Sat September 19, 2020, 04:19.
                                                #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

#OnTheBasementFloor #LambilyUnderground
                                                  What exactly is the significance of the On the Bathroom Floor thing? I just remember it was Mariah overreacting about how the wrong one of two virtually identical mixes of TAOLG (the song) was released first instead of the other one. Is it sort of just a tongue-in-cheek acknowledgement of her diva histrionics and used to express those same histrionics when we feel them ourselves about life's difficulties/the difficulties of being a lamb? I must get to the bottom of this after seeing it on this thread for years.

Comment

• Originally posted by ReubenWalton View Post

What exactly is the significance of the On the Bathroom Floor thing? I just remember it was Mariah overreacting about how the wrong one of two virtually identical mixes of TAOLG (the song) was released first instead of the other one. Is it sort of just a tongue-in-cheek acknowledgement of her diva histrionics and used to express those same histrionics when we feel them ourselves about life's difficulties/the difficulties of being a lamb? I must get to the bottom of this after seeing it on this thread for years.
                                                    It’s about how lambs have to clean bathrooms to earn some money to buy her albums.

j/k. I think you described it well.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X