Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post
    I do miss many of you all too. We’ve been spoiled by Mariah this year. The Rarities is a super project for us. We’re blessed the focus is fully back on music.
    Eamon it is nice to see you back! One of the old school ukmixers from back when I first joined <3
    You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• I'm in love with the song and the lyric video! it's very heartbreaking actually..
      I noticed some details inside, like "Hello my name is", "Outsider", ripped paged from the memoir... this is an emotional release for her and us.
      #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• I hope they send this song to AC radio on Tuesday, if nothing else. It would suit those formats perfectly and many in those formats may have missed a Mariah song like this. And remember, that is the music-buying demographic - potential Rarities sales.
        Last edited by sm3; Sat September 19, 2020, 14:44.

Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post

The only Mariah cover I can't listen to is "One More Try". All the other ones I believe are superior to the original ones.
          One More Try is one of the most disappointing covers from here. I love love the original, it's perhaps one of my Top 5 favourite George Michael songs.....and thus why it disappointed me so much.

The vocals weren't there and the production cheapens the song, it doesn't need the cheap bass sound. Even a piano and sparse instrumentals like OHOMO would work better.

Comment

• Is it me or STD did better on iTunes the first 24 hours? I honestly can't remember but I also don't think OHOMO is doing well, which is sad since it is literally what the gp loves Mariah for.
            MARIAH

Comment

• Originally posted by heartlocked View Post
              Is it me or STD did better on iTunes the first 24 hours? I honestly can't remember but I also don't think OHOMO is doing well, which is sad since it is literally what the gp loves Mariah for.
              I think it’s purely down to the fact it’s not the type of music that’s popular anymore.

To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Exactly. I dont think her team was expecting a big impact on iTunes. Besides the difference between position 37 and 10 is like 300 copies per day? I mean it really means nothing nowadays unless you are in the top 5, and still the biggest impact is streaming
                IG Account:
                https://www.instagram.com/diosbendigaestenegocio/

Comment

• Originally posted by heartlocked View Post
                  Is it me or STD did better on iTunes the first 24 hours? I honestly can't remember but I also don't think OHOMO is doing well, which is sad since it is literally what the gp loves Mariah for.
                  It also wasn’t announced anywhere big like Save The Day was (on GMA).

I wonder if it affects the numbers that the song downloaded automatically for people who already preordered the album?

Comment

• by the way. what are we expecting for this album on BB200? I guess a top 10 debut is more than possible, what about a top 5?
                    IG Account:
                    https://www.instagram.com/diosbendigaestenegocio/

Comment

• Originally posted by Colombia71345 View Post
                      by the way. what are we expecting for this album on BB200? I guess a top 10 debut is more than possible, what about a top 5?
                      I think it’ll be a grower, a lot of Christmas purchases will boost it.
                      "Maryann's saying cut the tape, cut the tape... KNIFE!"

Comment

• It's been a while since I posted something here but I feel like since The Rarities is coming out soon and everything, I should be active on the forum once more! I really enjoy OHOMO and Save The Day tbh. Both songs are making me excited for the upcoming release tbh!

Comment

• Wow I'm in absolute love with OHOMO, I'm gonna say that it's the most beautiful Mariah has ever sounded! That tone and raw emotion!!!
                          I've had to take a temporary break from playing it tho because it just keeps making cry lol, truly such a sad song and I relate to it so much.

Comment

• I have now streamed Out Here On my Own 161 times. I am obsessed.
                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post

It also wasn’t announced anywhere big like Save The Day was (on GMA).

I wonder if it affects the numbers that the song downloaded automatically for people who already preordered the album?
                              I really think it deserves more of a campaign, even if it’s just a short 15 second prime time TV and YouTube commercial that plays belting in HWGAA, CYHM, Cool On You

Maybe the lack of campaign has to do with the fact that Sony Legacy doesn’t really do promo, and she is no longer signed to Columbia? Epic has nothing to do with the release, I was hoping Columbia’s involvement meant more label promo

Maybe that is also why no radio
                              #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

I really think it deserves more of a campaign, even if it’s just a short 15 second prime time TV and YouTube commercial that plays belting in HWGAA, CYHM, Cool On You

Maybe the lack of campaign has to do with the fact that Sony Legacy doesn’t really do promo, and she is no longer signed to Columbia? Epic has nothing to do with the release, I was hoping Columbia’s involvement meant more label promo

Maybe that is also why no radio

I pray they send this to AC and R&B radio stations!
                                OHOMO Could be a big hit on AC radio for sure! It could be a slow burner like John Legends All of Me.

A live performance of the song would be great promo, but I don’t see that happening.
                                http://marcokircher.com
                                http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                IG: marco235

Comment

• I can’t wait to hear Lullaby of Birdland! We’re that much closer to a release date!

Comment

• It is indeed frustrating that such a gem of a project will not be promoted broadly to the GP. I mean is it really that expensive to promote an album these days?

OHOMO has not appeared on playlists. No one will know about it outside of the fans which is quite sad.

But i guess, we need to be thankful that she's at least back with Sony, cause without that there's no way they would've let her delve into the vaults let alone release them. Without Sony i doubt there would've be such big of a push last year for AIWFCIY. They obviously see the money and will invest when it's certain there will be a return......but gone are the days they would risk anything without a certainty of returns. It's a vicious cycle.....without promo there's no sales and without any sales there's no further promo.

Mariah is a stage now where she's too far down that cycle to make any major inroads back. Being with RnB doesn't help, she use to be a multi-format artist, now even RnB is not reliable (which means she has no format support).

She is out there promoting just as hard if not harder than most artist (let alone those in her age group, particularly the last 2 years) on social media and what she gave in home performances this year....though it seems almost like diminishing returns. She's not getting back (at least commercially) what she is giving out.

Unless there's a breakthrough song (i.e. Believe style) that is undeniable and hits all quadrants we can expect these low results.
                                    Last edited by skylynx; Sat September 19, 2020, 22:00.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                                      I pray they send this to AC and R&B radio stations!
                                      OHOMO Could be a big hit on AC radio for sure! It could be a slow burner like John Legends All of Me.

A live performance of the song would be great promo, but I don’t see that happening.
                                      Any song to radio would be good but who knows

Maybe also “Title (Year)” is working against her digitally, what if they just included the year in the metadata, on the artwork, in the booklet, and on social media? People might see 2000 and think “old song” and not even give it a shot, like AIWFCIY does not have a year attached, and in fact, the versions with any parentheses attached have always been overlooked by most
                                      #CAUTION

Comment

• Just my two cents here but: I'm already coming to terms with the realization that my expectations and desired plans for promoting Mariah's upcoming projects have no bearing on what is going to happen. The sooner I stop comparing streaming numbers, iTunes chart positions and YT views the sooner I can actually enjoy the new album and stop torturing myself when songs fail to chart and the general public remains unaware of new music. I think expecting the new album to spawn hit singles and the disappointment thereafter will most likely lead to rude and childish comments/slights on this forum against Mariah who is already legendary and doesn't need to prove anything anymore. I will always stan the Queen regardless of what happens in the future and can always look forward to Christmas when AIWFCIY puts everybody else's careers on hold while she does her thing!

And as far as BB200 chart placement goes... my prediction is that Rarities will bow at #9. I'm so proud of the quality work Mimi has given us throughout the last 3 decades.

Comment

• Unpopular opinion: Save The Day is growing hard on me! Such a beautiful jam!
                                          Out Here On My Own is pretty nice too!
                                          [center:vkux8078]FOLLOW THE DUCK[/center:vkux8078]

Comment

• There are two official audio vids... I guess is due to the technical problem the 1st audio had yesterday that it only appeared in US and they uploaded another one

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone View Post
                                              Just my two cents here but: I'm already coming to terms with the realization that my expectations and desired plans for promoting Mariah's upcoming projects have no bearing on what is going to happen. The sooner I stop comparing streaming numbers, iTunes chart positions and YT views the sooner I can actually enjoy the new album and stop torturing myself when songs fail to chart and the general public remains unaware of new music. I think expecting the new album to spawn hit singles and the disappointment thereafter will most likely lead to rude and childish comments/slights on this forum against Mariah who is already legendary and doesn't need to prove anything anymore. I will always stan the Queen regardless of what happens in the future and can always look forward to Christmas when AIWFCIY puts everybody else's careers on hold while she does her thing!

And as far as BB200 chart placement goes... my prediction is that Rarities will bow at #9. I'm so proud of the quality work Mimi has given us throughout the last 3 decades.
                                              I love what you wrote here. I feel exactly the same.
                                              #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• First day streams on Spotify

Save the Day 401,875
                                                Out Here On My Own 162,058

OHOMO had 60 percent less plays than STD's.

Comment

• She announced STD on TV and it was added to some playlists.. OHOMO deserves to be a growner

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone View Post
                                                    I think expecting the new album to spawn hit singles and the disappointment thereafter will most likely lead to rude and childish comments/slights on this forum against Mariah who is already legendary and doesn't need to prove anything anymore.
                                                    I generally don't disagree with you... we Mariah fans are spoiled! We are fans of one of the best, and those 'missed opportunities' remain among my fave songs from their respective albums... The Roof and Breakdown, Migrate and Side Effects, You Don't Know What To Do, Caution, etc.

However I just wanna say that Mariah fans can have all the expectation in the world... and any chart failure that follows does not excuse childish, insecure, and fearful reactions of others in the forum whose lives are consumed by negativity and frustration.

So with that, I expect the album to debut at #1 cause from what I can tell, it's going to be epic! It also could very likely miss the top 10 completely.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X