Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
    A record label will only invest in a project they feel will make money.

this album is something for her hard cord fans, if Caution couldn’t find an audience a rarities project isn’t going too.

this thread is basically page after page of finding blame with anyone but Mariah herself as to why the streams and video views are low.
    u bathed in windex again, I see.
    My Chart

Comment

this album is something for her hard cord fans, if Caution couldn’t find an audience a rarities project isn’t going too.

this thread is basically page after page of finding blame with anyone but Mariah herself as to why the streams and video views are low.
      Oh we missed you.. some people have blamed on Mariah quality videos and there's been some controversy among us the last weeks so your point is invalid, but you read what you want and come here with your trolling attitude since forever.
      It's obvious this is for fans, this kind of projects usually don't get a lot of investment and attention. But at least a minimum is required.

She's doing her best with this and with the MC30 thing, that it's a thing on her own too. I don't care if this sells 5000 copies because it's an album I've wanted for years. But, her christms album and AIWFC give to Sony a lot of money, so why not trying to put a gem like OHOMO in some playlists and send it to some radio formats. That's what some of us are saying. This is not going to be big and not the current type of successful music, but it can grab some attention.
      Her live performances received a lot of praise and views during those days, so it's not crazy what we're saying
      Last edited by delapuerta; Sun September 20, 2020, 12:26.

Comment

I have to agree with this. This isn’t going to appeal to anyone but fans.. maybe with a few exceptions. You can’t blame the label for not spending a fortune to push it. I doubt Mariah is bothered. All of the promotional efforts should go into the book.
        To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

I have to agree with this. This isn’t going to appeal to anyone but fans.. maybe with a few exceptions. You can’t blame the label for not spending a fortune to push it. I doubt Mariah is bothered. All of the promotional efforts should go into the book.
          No one is saying the opposite. But the are different level of investment. I don't see putting so much money into this, but why not the minimum, including the releases in playlists or radio. Even I'm surprised about the lyric video because I understand this is not that type of projects and I'm ok. But all the efforts can't be put on the fans

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

Oh we missed you.. some people have blamed on Mariah quality videos and there's been some controversy among us the last weeks so your point is invalid, but you read what you want and come here with your trolling attitude since forever.
            It's obvious this is for fans, this kind of projects usually don't get a lot of investment and attention. But at least a minimum is required.

She's doing her best with this and with the MC30 thing, that it's a thing on her own too. I don't care if this sells 5000 copies because it's an album I've wanted for years. But, her christms album and AIWFC give to Sony a lot of money, so why not trying to put a gem like OHOMO in some playlists and send it to some radio formats. That's what some of us are saying. This is not going to be big and not the current type of successful music, but it can grab some attention.
            Her live performances received a lot of praise and views during those days, so it's not crazy what we're saying
            Yes Sony make a ton of money of her Christmas Album but they don’t owe her anything, she left that label 22 years ago, they are allowing her to use all the stuff sitting around, they are not obligated to finance anything.

this project will flop pretty much everywhere, there is no interest outside her “hardcore Lambs”.

call me a troll of you want but I have followed Mariah’s career since Music Box and it’s my choice to offer a valid opinion.

Comment

-1 on all points here.

Bare minimum promotion for music of an artist that is signed to a major label should include: playlist support (bare minimum support at least), and sending the song to at least 1 radio format.

BARE minimum promotion costs almost NOTHING... they've probably made enough money back from STD's digital track sales already in order to re-invest some of the money on OHOMO. lol.

But I guess.. it must be the lack of quality - as Ewokguy15 was saying... and Mariah herself who is to blame for "not finding an audience".
              Last edited by stevyy; Sun September 20, 2020, 12:35.
              My Chart

Comment

Yes Sony make a ton of money of her Christmas Album but they don’t owe her anything, she left that label 22 years ago, they are allowing her to use all the stuff sitting around, they are not obligated to finance anything.

this project will flop pretty much everywhere, there is no interest outside her “hardcore Lambs”.

call me a troll of you want but I have followed Mariah’s career since Music Box and it’s my choice to offer a valid opinion.
                Mariah Carey is currently signed to SONY Music again. Caution was a SONY album. lol... as always... you're spreading thin air. windex windex.
                My Chart

Comment

nothing about what you are saying is valid... lol.
                  My Chart

Comment

Mariah's current label is Epic under Sony .... dude

And all these remixes she's put out the last months sell a bunch of copies. Even some of them like Underneath the stars entered the R&B BB charts. So, that's money Sony has received... and all these vinyl reissues that are selling pretty well.

We're not talking about a big campaign, but some promo efforts to help her...

Maybe you've followed Mariah since MB but you don't respect her
                    Last edited by delapuerta; Sun September 20, 2020, 12:41.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

nothing about what you are saying is valid... lol.
                      Ok.

Comment

• Now let’s get back to all the ways Mariah’s team and labels are letting her down… please continue.

Comment

Now let’s get back to all the ways Mariah’s team and labels are letting her down… please continue.
                          u should be banned.
                          My Chart

Comment

• Ewok is a bitter Christina fan

he hasn't even commented on OHOMO.
                            Only chimes in when Mariah is struggling chartwise.

Comment

• At this point of her career she and her team can be her own promotion manager. She’s powerful enough. And if her company doesn’t promote her songs or send them to radio, she should just go somewhere else.

I don’t even think she cares, she seems pretty much at peace with everything. It seems like she’s in another moment of her life, which to me is a good thing in the end.

She keeps on releasing projects under the “this is for the fans” premise. Either she doesn’t really care about “the world” and the general public (which requires for her to do a lot of hard work, she did it for ages and had no life other than that) or she uses it as a comfortable excuse for the projects not to be massive successes. Either way, she seems above all this drama.

In the end, If she wanted to do radio and tv interviews, she can do get them on her own. There are plenty of movements her team can arrange themselves. Anyone would say yes to an interview with her, specially if she’s this relaxed and open. Maybe the company is waiting for the book to come out. Then, she will probable get covers, even without giving interviews. If she drops a few bombs in the book, she’ll be front page in many levels. Music insight stories, personal ones, love stories...

She’ll probably do book interviews on tv in the next month. If she sings in them, (which for some reason I doubt but, if she decided to keep on singing like through quarantine, that could give her some attention).

This book, this 30th anniversary, are the perfect excuse to promote her brand right and revalidate her as the big music persona she is. But it feels like it’ll be the human aspect the one that’ll be truly promoted and that her music will go second. Maybe it is just important for them to make sure “the meaning” of herself connects with the general audience again. Maybe they’ll focus on her image now and wait for her next studio album to come out, to promote her music.

Honestly, I just want to listen to the album an enjoy it. Ither than that, no expectations.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                Ewok is a bitter Christina fan

Only chimes in when Mariah is struggling.
                                I actually quite like OHOMO, the vocals are on point, I didn’t care for STD at all due to the vocal straining over the first minute.

I’m actually looking forward to Rarities, there are new Mariah/Walter songs and I can’t wait to hear them!

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                  Ewok is a bitter Christina fan

Only chimes in when Mariah is struggling chartwise.
                                  This. He always does this and I'm not going to start a stan war but it's enough

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrdaloren View Post
                                    At this point of her career she and her team can be her own promotion manager. She’s powerful enough. And if her company doesn’t promote her songs or send them to radio, she should just go somewhere else.

I don’t even think she cares, she seems pretty much at peace with everything. It seems like she’s in another moment of her life, which to me is a good thing in the end.

She keeps on releasing projects under the “this is for the fans” premise. Either she doesn’t really care about “the world” and the general public (which requires for her to do a lot of hard work, she did it for ages and had no life other than that) or she uses it as a comfortable excuse for the projects not to be massive successes. Either way, she seems above all this drama.

In the end, If she wanted to do radio and tv interviews, she can do get them on her own. There are plenty of movements her team can arrange themselves. Anyone would say yes to an interview with her, specially if she’s this relaxed and open. Maybe the company is waiting for the book to come out. Then, she will probable get covers, even without giving interviews. If she drops a few bombs in the book, she’ll be front page in many levels. Music insight stories, personal ones, love stories...

She’ll probably do book interviews on tv in the next month. If she sings in them, (which for some reason I doubt but, if she decided to keep on singing like through quarantine, that could give her some attention).

This book, this 30th anniversary, are the perfect excuse to promote her brand right and revalidate her as the big music persona she is. But it feels like it’ll be the human aspect the one that’ll be truly promoted and that her music will go second. Maybe it is just important for them to make sure “the meaning” of herself connects with the general audience again. Maybe they’ll focus on her image now and wait for her next studio album to come out, to promote her music.

Honestly, I just want to listen to the album an enjoy it. Ither than that, no expectations.
                                    My friend, we all agree with that but there are things the company has to do. Maybe she's waiting for this week and the next to promote both things. I want her to promote it because I want to see her lol but I'm IN with these two projects. You know it pretty well, we've talked long about it.
                                    I can't wait to read and re-read the memoir <3

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

This. He always does this and I'm not going to start a stan war but it's enough

He sings a different song.
                                      we should leave it there....

Comment

• i love how it only takes one blatant troll for us to come together and chase the intruder away.

I mean I am as deluded as one can be... but I would never invade the Xtina thread and blame her commercial hardships on her as an artist or the material bc I quite love her recent album.

I would also never argue against reason. That's pit-level stan behaviour in my opinion.
                                        My Chart

Comment

She's using this song to promote the book in fact... hence the lyric video, and the tweets.

It's unlikely Mariah will push a cover (no money in it for her not being its writer) but her efforts with OHOMO are for the book.
                                          And so logic would dictate that if she wanted to promote the book with the help of this song, the song's success would certainly help that effort.

This definitely isn't a single in the traditional sense and I think most Mariah fans know that.
                                          Last edited by InfoFromAus; Sun September 20, 2020, 13:03.
                                          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

She's using this song to promote the book in fact... hence the lyric video, and the tweets.

It's unlikely Mariah will push a cover (no money in it for her not being its writer) but her efforts with OHOMO are for the book.
                                            And so logic would dictate that if she wanted to promote the book with the help of this song, its success would certainly help that effort.

This definitely isn't a single in the traditional sense and I think most Mariah fans know that.
                                            This is all valid, however, I would say that the term "single" has become obsolete bc in this day and age every single song... may it be a standalone track or albums tracks are singles due to streaming.

The music industry as a whole is a track-based industry today. and it would be cool for her label to acknowledge that and invest more into her streaming catalogue.

But maybe I'm thinking too far ahead as the MC30 project is not really about the music... so I'm not sure what the expectations are... But i will never stay silent when someone drags Mariah for releasing an album which basically is a "posthumous" thing to do and then use it as evidence of how... "bad" she is doing.

People can also drag Caution all they want. It is the best reviewed album of her career and ... sold as much as Elusive Chanteuse (in the USA)... so at least there is some sort of stability there... (in what is perceived as her core audience).
                                            My Chart

Comment

• I agree on all fronts stevyy .

And fans want to enjoy the ride. We want to see her promote her music because we'd get more interviews and performances, and we want to see her music achieve success and get to hear her songs on the radio/TV etc, and just cause it's fun. That's only natural.

This is what fans want, so we're allowed to be disappointed when we don't get that no matter the 'delusion'

But yeah - this year is about the book for sure. I honestly thought we'd just get a special edition of 'Mariah Carey' with a few demo tracks etc. This is beyond my expectations.
                                              MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• So the album and book come out next week and there has been zero promo announced so far. I hope that’ll change in the upcoming days.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

This is all valid, however, I would say that the term "single" has become obsolete bc in this day and age every single song... may it be a standalone track or albums tracks are singles due to streaming.

The music industry as a whole is a track-based industry today. and it would be cool for her label to acknowledge that and invest more into her streaming catalogue.

But maybe I'm thinking too far ahead as the MC30 project is not really about the music... so I'm not sure what the expectations are... But i will never stay silent when someone drags Mariah for releasing an album which basically is a "posthumous" thing to do and then use it as evidence of how... "bad" she is doing.

People can also drag Caution all they want. It is the best reviewed album of her career and ... sold as much as Elusive Chanteuse (in the USA)... so at least there is some sort of stability there... (in what is perceived as her core audience).
                                                  At this point @stevvy how much has Caution sold?

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                                                    So the album and book come out next week and there has been zero promo announced so far. I hope that’ll change in the upcoming days.
                                                    Was wondering about that too. The book will be out in little over a week, album 3 days thereafter and nothing yet! Let's see how this week will look. I hope she can cross promote the two seeing as the songs tie in with the book.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X