No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All of Mariah’s songs and videos released from day 1 in her career continue to bring in lots of money to the label isn’t that right? Not just the Christmas ones. The bare minimum of promo efforts for this should not be seen as doing her a favor or unreasonable. As far as I can see, Mariah has done ALL that she personally could with this.

Comment

• In fact only Mariah is working to promote her book / catalog songs to celebrate her 30 years in this industry. I can only see her own effort in this.I ​​​​​I try not to think about it but I feel that the industry is once again neglecting her. It's not a conspiracy theory against Mariah, but a reflection of the misoginy and ageism of this industry.

That being said, the most important thing is that she's working hard and she wants to put out all this material for her fans. And as a lamb I feel blessed for it.
      Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
      Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
      Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Ava Max about Mariah:

"If I could only hear one song for the rest of my life, it would be: "Always Be My Baby" by Mariah Carey. She means the world to me, basically, and reminds me of growing up into the person I am today."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eon...ck-to-her-life
        Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
        Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
        Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Some of you are so ungrateful! Mariah could’ve just thrown these projects out there (or not at all), instead she came up with a thoughtful campaign to tie together some older music and her memoir. I mean geez, a few months back we didn’t think we were getting anything from her in 2020, and now literally the rest of the year will be Mariah mania!

Comment

• I found this interesting seeing how mariah’s vinyl albums haven been selling out:

Vinyl record sales surpass CDs for the first time since the 1980s

New York (CNN Business)The days of vinyl records being a nostalgic relic of the past are long gone. This year, vinyl sales have outpaced CD sales in the United States for the first time since the 1980s.

Vinyl records accounted for $232.1 million of music sales in the first half of the year, compared to CDs, which brought in only $129.9 million, according to a report from the Recording Industry Association of America.

Vinyl records, also known as "records pressed on wax," were commonplace before other formats, such as cassette tapes and CDs, become the preferred mode of listening to music. But that hasn't stopped vinyl records from making a resurgence. Since 2005, sales for vinyl have grown consecutively. In the first half of 2020, vinyl revenue was up 4%, while CD revenue was down 48%, according to the RIAA. However, the boost in vinyl interest hasn't been enough to keep physical sales from dropping. Physical sales plunged 23% to $376 million, in the first half of the year as the pandemic continues to stall music industry norms. Concerts and visits to music stores have all but disappeared.
            Despite the stunted growth of physical sales, music streaming has continued to boom.

Streaming, which includes the revenue of paid streaming, ad-supported streaming and streaming radio, grew 12% to $4.8 billion during the first six months of 2020, RIAA found.
            For streaming services alone, more listeners have been willing to pay to play. Paid streaming service subscriptions, such as Spotify and Apple Music, increased by 24%, RIAA reported. That makes streaming the dominating music format, accounting for more than 85% of music industry revenue.

So far, overall music industry sales have grown 5.6%, mainly driven by streaming, for a total of $5.7 billion during the first six months of this year, alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
              [B]I found this interesting seeing how mariah’s vinyl albums haven been selling out:

Vinyl records accounted for $232.1 million of music sales in the first half of the year, compared to CDs, which brought in only $129.9 million
              <begin off-topic rant>

This is the kind of disingenuous reporting that irks me to no end. Vinyl outsold CDs in $$ not in units, which is something that should be made clear in the headline, as not doing so causes the article to be misleading. On average Vinyl is 3x (sometimes 4x) more expensive than CDs. </end off-topic rant>

It is interesting to see vinyl come back to life like it has.

Comment

• What I love about OHOMO is that she recorded it at the right moment. It wouldn't have sounded as epic with her Music Box or Daydream voice/tone, and it would have lacked strenght with CB vocals too. That Rainbow/Glitter sound on her voice is what makes this rendition work perfectly IMO.
                http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by woabritney View Post
                  Some of you are so ungrateful! Mariah could’ve just thrown these projects out there (or not at all), instead she came up with a thoughtful campaign to tie together some older music and her memoir. I mean geez, a few months back we didn’t think we were getting anything from her in 2020, and now literally the rest of the year will be Mariah mania!

So many of us have wanted an "unreleased" type album, we should just rejoice in the fact that we are getting one.

But, I also think most of us are doing just that already. I don't see a lot of "ungrateful" lambs in here, tbh.

Do I wish that more people would get to hear this collection, absolutely. It sounds like it is going to be a great set.

Comment

• I think it's all a vicious cycle.....it's never just one thing for a lack of label push.....poor choices in the past few decades have costed her now. At the end of the day it's the "brand".

I think her team knows, and Mariah to some degree I think realises this (or at least the way the music industry is blowing). Though as fans who have seen such dominance in the past, we want that again (just like the "idea" in Inception, we want to believe that she can still do it again).

Ageism aside, some very big missteps right or wrong.

* Still on the RnB track (as much as she loves it, this genre has not been hit since the 2000s). She is no longer a multi-format artist, and RnB support is not reliable. She was still considered big when #Beautiful released (her last decently performing single outside of AIWFCIY which had a pop-tinge)....though since 2013/14 she has literally accelerated into legend status super quick. The good thing is she didn't sell out, but could've experimented further and tap into pop again every now and again (at least with single choices).

* Multiple false starts (MIAMEC) and poor single choices (since E=MC2) means most projects are dead on arrival. They go high with hardcore lamb support then dissapear which means there's no chance to make a strong impact that creates waves outside of core fans.

* Very slow to touring (which for legendary artists is their cash cow) and didn't shock and awe with great production or something unique. In the eyes of the public, she is not an interesting live entertainer (like Madonna) or carry the depth/weight of someone like a Celine who built her touring empire early with great reviews, no controversy and there is some emotional attachment with the passing of her family members.

* Mariah is seen as a bimbo diva in the GP's eyes (hence we still get the bashing on social media, you don't really get that with Celine)....this unfortunately has been existing for decades and the reason why she doesn't resonate that well in Europe cause they don't get her humour. She is still somewhat influential in Asia cause they love big voices.

* She abandoned promotion outside the US outside of touring. Diminishing returns and no label investment to launch projects broadly.....which means, she's pretty much a US artist now. That "global superstar" marker is now is only in reference to her longevity to stay somewhat relevant and a few who still remember her dominance back in the 90s (we have Music Box to thanks for all that).

* Her brand is not always becombing of an A-Lister and has cheapened particularly during the 2010s (i mean reality series, home shopping network, C-list christmas specials...common)...and trashy outfits she was wearing during the Stella era. it's only starting to recover now. This means she will never attract the truly top talent in other industries to support her.
                    Last edited by skylynx; Sun September 20, 2020, 17:16.

Comment

• Comment

• Brandy <3

Last edited by delapuerta; Sun September 20, 2020, 17:57.

Comment

• She’s got taste
                          I AM A GOD!

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post

So many of us have wanted an "unreleased" type album, we should just rejoice in the fact that we are getting one.

But, I also think most of us are doing just that already. I don't see a lot of "ungrateful" lambs in here, tbh.

Do I wish that more people would get to hear this collection, absolutely. It sounds like it is going to be a great set.
                            Yes, I am 100 percent happy with this release and the upcoming album. Couldn't care less what playlist it's on, or if it charts or doesn't chart. When I heard Out Here on My Own i felt like I was transported back in time for a few mins. Not many artists can do that with the power of their voice over a 3 minute piano backing track.

Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
                              Ava Max about Mariah:

"If I could only hear one song for the rest of my life, it would be: "Always Be My Baby" by Mariah Carey. She means the world to me, basically, and reminds me of growing up into the person I am today."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eon...ck-to-her-life
                              Great quote. Ava Max just released the best album of the year and only Mariah will release a better album this year. Love the both of them for saving 2020.
                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Can we skip Chrismas this year and leave it to Dolly Parton? I don’t have Mariah Christmas songs shadowing her rarities. Unless they release a Special Rarities Christmas deluxe edition with a rare Christmas single. Then I’m all in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrdaloren View Post
                                  Can we skip Chrismas this year and leave it to Dolly Parton? I don’t have Mariah Christmas songs shadowing her rarities. Unless they release a Special Rarities Christmas deluxe edition with a rare Christmas single. Then I’m all in.
                                  Well she’ll be doing the Apple TV special

I think there is crossover opportunity, tell Sony and Apple she’s performing two of the Rarities for the special, demand video budget for one

Put dem sleigh bells on Here We Go Around Again and make her man Santa

Then dedicate a performance of I Pray to 2020

#CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrdaloren View Post
                                    Can we skip Chrismas this year and leave it to Dolly Parton? I don’t have Mariah Christmas songs shadowing her rarities. Unless they release a Special Rarities Christmas deluxe edition with a rare Christmas single. Then I’m all in.
                                    even if they tried to tame it down. AIWFCIY will obliterate everything... last year the album sold 301,000 sps units in the USA... I would think that overall consumption will be up +20% this season. Maybe 4 weeks at #1 for AIWFCIY... who knows.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

even if they tried to tame it down. AIWFCIY will obliterate everything... last year the album sold 301,000 sps units in the USA... I would think that overall consumption will be up +20% this season. Maybe 4 weeks at #1 for AIWFCIY... who knows.
                                      but some think that is not enough to receive some promo for her projects lol

Comment

• I hope the book becomes a best seller.
                                        but im afraid no one cares about Mariah's story outside of the lambily

Comment

• Nobody’s really mentioned this, but for the first time w ever a HQ version of Just Be Good To Me on disk 2, so I’m excited for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                            I hope the book becomes a best seller.
                                            Not without promotion they don’t. We can’t expect a big seller if nobody is prepared to promote it in other ways outside of social media.

I’m shocked that there’s been no official interviews or TV appearances at this point. Hopefully there’ll be some planned and not just in the US.
                                            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #532 in Books
                                              (09/20/2020)

Comment

We love her and know her struggles but the GP doesn’t think she has anything ‘edgy’ to share. They think she’s all fluff and candy.

Comment

• Regarding Skylinx’s points above, I do agree that the missteps have been damaging to her but since Caution, she seems to have changed directions for the better. It may not be enough to get the GP to accept her as ‘current’ again but I’m glad she’s still busy releasing stuff even if it’s just for the fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                                                    Regarding Skylinx’s points above, I do agree that the missteps have been damaging to her but since Caution, she seems to have changed directions for the better. It may not be enough to get the GP to accept her as ‘current’ again but I’m glad she’s still busy releasing stuff even if it’s just for the fans.
                                                    This! since the end of 2017 she's doing her best and bringing projects all the time. Her touring without investing a lot in production is stable (apart of this year covid issues) and she's doing great. Her residency at Royal Albert Hall last year was a magic moment. Also her image has recovered a lot from the infamous days and has received praise for her amazing performances at home. She received the icon bb award, her 19th #1 etc have been amazing. But most importantly she looks happier and calmer.
                                                    The only way to get a hit for her is collaborating with someone who is sounding and maybe she doesn't want to do that. Also, I want her to succeed but I'm ready for more stuff like Caution. She's had all the hits and I want her to experiment more with othet genres and indie producers like she did on Caution. An Ep produced by Blood Orange or a song written with Lana del Rey would be great for me

Comment

Working...
                                                    X