Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They’re playing STD at the Emmys!

Comment

• DJ D-Nice just played “Save the Day” live on the Emmys!

Comment

• I guess they planned that for weeks now ^
        I don’t think they expected the song to be dead by now.

Comment

• See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Is there any promo outside her own social media? It’s starting to feel sad

Comment

• ^I dont know that much about books or book promo so I was following a couple books from afar to see the run up to how they go about promoting and stuff.

For the couple I followed, the promo picked up around 10 days to 2 weeks before the book hit shelves.

So maybe this week we’ll start to see some other promo activities.

Btw, she has promoted outside social media but I guess the bigger question is if it’s enough. There was GMA and Vulture are the two that stand out to me. Radio could be a unique and good way for her to promo that may be inaccessible to other authors. But should she be doing interviews after saying how much the press gets wrong in her summary of the book? I guess she has little choice with that.
              See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans

Comment

• Queen should spill some tea on The View and play some snippets from Rarities
                #CAUTION

Comment

• Today is the 21st Anniversary of Heartbreaker!

I did not know she did the heartbreaker shoot without a shirt as well?

Comment

• My opinion is that Rainbow was the start of Mariah’s ditzy diva public perception. Looking back, I think most of it was tongue in cheek and she was playing the role of a bubblegum pop princess. But the GP didn’t catch it that way.

Comment

• ^Yeah kind of agree. I think Mariah maybe wanted to have a bit of fun after Butterfly being so serious which would've worked.... But then she followed up Rainbow (already very camp and kitsch) with Glitter and the Loverboy video which kind of cemented the image with the GP (definitely in Europe)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                        ^Yeah kind of agree. I think Mariah maybe wanted to have a bit of fun after Butterfly being so serious which would've worked.... But then she followed up Rainbow (already very camp and kitsch) with Glitter and the Loverboy video which kind of cemented the image with the GP (definitely in Europe)
                        And secured her a fan base of gays!

Comment

• Mariah’s output in the 90s was much more respected by UK audiences than anything between Rainbow and Charmbracelet when she went much more camp. She made a big comeback here with TEOM. TEOM was the best happy medium for her. I miss that era so much. It could not have been more perfect!

The happy medium with her image was taken forward but the quality of single choices started to decline after TMB. She also hasn’t promoted music here since 2009 so she barely charts here anymore. Big shame.
                          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• I keep thinking MC will go abroad to promote every time she signs on to new management/label and not just to tour but that hasnt happened in such a long time. It's both disappointing and nonsensical to me.

Now with the pandemic, it's even less likely to happen.

If we get those dozens of 5min interviews which tells us little to nothing this cycle I'm going to scream.

Comment

• are the MC30 weekly releases officially dead then? if so kinda a shame we didnt get past #1s era :(

Comment

• Originally posted by dancamz View Post
                                are the MC30 weekly releases officially dead then? if so kinda a shame we didnt get past #1s era :(
                                We should look at The Rarities and the accompanying tracks as part of #MC30 IMO.

Per the press release:

Every Friday, Carey will be unlocking items from her personal vault to treat fans with rarities from her remarkable career. The weekly #MC30 releases will include digital EPs, remixes, bonus cuts, rare tracks, acapella moments and mind-blowing live performances. The music will be accompanied by video footage, photos, personal notes from Mariah and physical releases.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

We should look at The Rarities and the accompanying tracks as part of #MC30 IMO.

Per the press release:
                                  True, but I would have still liked to have more EPs and such alongside this, for the remaining era's past #1's. The Rarities is great of course, but its not the same as the remaining era's getting the same level of attention in terms of EPs and remastered videos as those pre-#1s... I was hoping for the same at least up to TEOM/EMC2 era if not even past that

I mean there will be so many more remixes and live versions for era's beyond #1s they could have put out and we still have so many iconic videos including WBT etc in 480p only.... would have been nice for these to also get the 1080p treatment or are these remaining videos doomed to an eternity of 480p? lol

hopefully it will be resumed at some point, even if its sometime after the book and rarities
                                  Last edited by dancamz; Mon September 21, 2020, 14:31.

Comment

• Good sis is giving us a whole new album, like... lol stop expecting more and more yall.

Comment

I keep thinking MC will go abroad to promote every time she signs on to new management/label and not just to tour but that hasnt happened in such a long time. It's both disappointing and nonsensical to me.

Now with the pandemic, it's even less likely to happen.

If we get those dozens of 5min interviews which tells us little to nothing this cycle I'm going to scream.
                                      I guess it is she who doesn’t want to promote that way anymore. I can’t think of any other reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                                        Good sis is giving us a whole new album, like... lol stop expecting more and more yall.
                                        Greed is good... lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                                          Good sis is giving us a whole new album, like... lol stop expecting more and more yall.
                                          can we stop acting like im asking for the moon and the stars here? lmao im not asking her to jump in a recording booth and knock something out for us

im simply asking someone on her team/label/whoever is running these releases to give the same love and attention to era's beyond #1's that we got to the era's before it

neither does it make me ungrateful for me to hope for these things given the effort to upload any of these things is not something Mariah is personally gonna be involved in beyond maybe selecting what goes out so girl plsssss. the material is already there and exists, it just needs someone to put it out and re-upload vids in 1080p. im hardly asking for a new era here
                                          Last edited by dancamz; Mon September 21, 2020, 14:38.

Comment

• Originally posted by dancamz View Post

True, but I would have still liked to have more EPs and such alongside this, for the remaining era's past #1's....

hopefully it will be resumed at some point, even if its sometime after the book and rarities
                                            I think it's likely to continue in "off" weeks when she isn't releasing music from The Rarities or the book.

Keep in mind that the original plan was delayed so they probably have to adjust all the timings.

Comment

I think it's likely to continue in "off" weeks when she isn't releasing music from The Rarities or the book.

Keep in mind that the original plan was delayed so they probably have to adjust all the timings.
                                              thats what i'm hoping

Comment

• She is totally ignoring ohomo after releasing it

Comment

• ^ the ohomophobia needs to stop!

Sorry... I couldn't resist.

It's a little strange that there hasn't been further mention of it, or a concerted push... but time will tell in the lead up to next week. Although I'm sure we would have heard of any appearances or performances.
                                                  MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Well she was with her glam squad in LA yesterday...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X