No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The L.A. Times review got a little shady at the end, suggesting that she was light on substance. And since when has Mariah not been open about her work? I guess it is disappointing to see her not take ownership of what she has accomplished in her own story, but she's been doing it for years. Seems like a missed opportunity to really expand on what she's been saying, if that's indeed what happens in the book. All of this insisting on getting proper credit, but if she takes none of it in her memoir, the one thing people are going to pay attention to after years of ignoring her, then it's a misstep. We'll just have to see.

If she says little about her career, then that's disappointing as well. Still, I'm looking forward to it. I've pre-ordered the hardback, as well as the audiobook. Bring it, Mimi.

Comment

• The only thing I care about:
      1. Her mom
      2. Tommy
      3. Glitter era

Give me those and I'm happy.
      Israeli Lamb here.
      I love Mariah, but I also love the charts.

Comment

• How do I embed tweets please? I feel geriatric right now

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
          How do I embed tweets please? I feel geriatric right now
          write [ tweet] The url without the ? and the numbers following [ /tweet] don't let any space
          Last edited by delapuerta; Wed September 23, 2020, 17:40.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
            PEOPLE: Mariah Carey Says Derek Jeter Was the 'Catalyst' for Her to Leave Tommy Mottola: 'It Was Beautiful'

Video here:
            https://people.com/music/mariah-care...prah-interview

Love the Derek story!

i wish they ended up together.

Comment

• Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
              My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
              Forever and always!

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

write [ tweet] The url without the ? and the numbers following [ /tweet] don't let any space
                Thank you! I was leaving in the numbers...

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

Love the Derek story!

Me too... I low key ship them esp. After the confirmation that MA was about him
                  A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• That LA Times writer has always been a bit bitchy when it comes to Mariah, he is obsessed with her but treats her like an older sister he is extremely jealous of

He used to praise her music but make fun of her on every single Vh1 special in existence, I never understood it
                    #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                      How do I embed tweets please? I feel geriatric right now
                      [ tweet ] link [/ tweet ]
                      Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Yay so happy that there is at least some promo and a decent interview lined up. Oprah is a fantastic start.

Comment

• I thought the LA Times review was a good one. We will know whether it was fair or not once we read it, but the part people think is shady is not surprising to me because I fully expected her to write in that way.

Either way, let's celebrate that the review is 80-90% GLOWING!

One memoir will never give everything - there's a second edition for that!
                          See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

Love the Derek story!

me too. he was so hot, they would have been the biggest couple in America... The Music queen and the sports king.
                            My Chart

Comment

• I'm sooo excited for the book tbh! The promotional campaign is slowly beginning to roll around and I'm here for it tbh, esp with the interview with Oprah. I've seen people wanting her to have a sitdown with Oprah and I felt the same way. So, it was really nice to see Mariah and her team come through with this. I have a good feeling about this!

Comment

• The Oprah interview looks riveting, and Mariah looks hot!
                                Absolutely living for both the wavy and straight looks, and the polka dot dress is serving taste like her best Idol looks

Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                I’m excited to see tomorrow what’s going to release for Friday. Maybe a new track off rarities or rainbow EPs. I’m hoping for HWGAA so I can focus on only 1 song before the album drops
                                I hope we get HWGAA too, chile, it’s a HIT, if it’s released this week or treated as the focus track next, the world about to look like this
                                Last edited by allygdale; Wed September 23, 2020, 19:29.
                                #CAUTION

Comment

• I really want to hear about how her voice has changed but there's no way she would go there
                                  ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Comment

• No but seriously, HWGAA, dem choruses, dat middle 8, first you leave me!...make your mind up!... it’s singing at the top of your lungs in the car and in front of the mirror with a hair brush moments, that song brings pure joy
                                    #CAUTION

Comment

• Sneak peek of Oprah interview on Access Hollywood. ExtraTV will also be having clips tonight.

See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Switchedon View Post
                                        I hope she can do an ep as part of MC30 with some high quality live performance of covers.

Over the rainbow / if only you knew
                                        Baby love / Stop in the name of love
                                        Chain of fools
                                        Got to be real
                                        With you I’m born again
                                        Hopelessly devoted to you
                                        Don't forget Love Hangover/Heartbreaker.
                                        Got To Be Real is already out on CD and streaming platforms.
                                        Chain Of Fools is out on CD.
                                        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I want “You and I” cover!

Comment

• Can't wait for the book. Bring itvin MC!!

Comment

• LATimes Review (with Spoilers):

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...f-mariah-carey

Spoiler!
                                              Last edited by MeIAmXino; Wed September 23, 2020, 20:58.
                                              https://soundcloud.com/mofei-1/gtfo-...sion-demo-live
                                              How Abt you ( #GTFO) -my new demo

Comment

• I was getting very worried with the lacklustre promo, but this is at least something positive. Hopefully there's a lot more over the next two weeks. I hope they don't just dump the Memoirs and Rarities after their release weeks.

I hope she does perform on the BBMA which is on October 12th.

I wonder how this book will perform, it's biggest week will likely be the release though I do hope it catches on and the GP gives it a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

me too. he was so hot, they would have been the biggest couple in America... The Music queen and the sports king.
                                                  Funny how j.lo and a.rod ended up together.
                                                  The same couple (iconic entertainer + baseball legend)

She copies mariah when it comes to relationships too
                                                  i joke....

Comment

• Do you think we'll get a new song this friday? Before Caution was out we got 4 songs.

A Loverboy EP would be nice, with the Firecracker version and the Morales Remix.
                                                    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

Working...
                                                    X