This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

Is this simply a repeat of yesterday's interview, is this the one with Gayle King instead?
    Gayle.

i hate when she’s on these morning shows because she’s always on towards the end of the episodes, yet I force myself to watch the entire thing just in case lol

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
      Gayle.

i hate when she’s on these morning shows because she’s always on towards the end of the episodes, yet I force myself to watch the entire thing just in case lol
      Oh so it's not on yet, yay, i've got it live now. I thought i missed it.

Comment

• BTW it's down to #14 now on Amazon.

Comment

• I sound like a broken record but grunge and garage rock is my genre... this whole album has completely floored me and elevated Mariah even further into legendary status in my eyes - how has she managed to keep this on the DL for 25 years?

ps 3:30 on ‘Joe’ the belting is unmistakably Mariah, she still managed to blend her voice and sound like a complete rock star though... crazy!

Comment

• Interesting - Chick has a song called Malibu. Hole, whom MC likes (I think) released a song also called Malibu in 1998.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
              I sound like a broken record but grunge and garage rock is my genre... this whole album has completely floored me and elevated Mariah even further into legendary status in my eyes - how has she managed to keep this on the DL for 25 years?

ps 3:30 on ‘Joe’ the belting is unmistakably Mariah, she still managed to blend her voice and sound like a complete rock star though... crazy!
              Definitely. For me when she sings it is very obvious. Her tone is very recognizable. Joe is a great song too!!

Comment

• I hope the people here who were ok with us not receiving any new music back when #MC30 started are now still listening to Someday (Pianoapercaloopapella)! Chop chop, little goats!

I doubt Mariah would tease us like this with this raw diamond if she didnt already have it. It would be disastrous if she didnt end up finding it. I need "Somebody's Ugly Daughter" with her vocals NOW! omg @ the thought of her singing Prom Queen, what a LGBTIQ+ moment!!!
                Last edited by GlenMarley; Mon September 28, 2020, 11:56.

Comment

• Mariah on right now.

Comment

• It is mind-boggling to think that she didn't just trendset hip-pop but possibly alter-pop too if these songs could have seen the light of day.

A whole new level of respect and idolization to her.
                    A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Dull interview.
                      Israeli Lamb here.
                      I love Mariah, but I also love the charts.

Comment

• Great interview.

gayle and her male cohosts were very supportive

Comment

• Wow every time I learn something new from the book I am floored. I cant believe Pat said something like that.

I also wonder when will Tommy be made to answer for all this? His comments through Cindi Berger are ridiculous.
                          See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• She still feels very uncomfortable when being asked Pat and continues to deflect. She is trying to be honest, but respectful at the same time.

Comment

• Yeah it was a pretty dull interview and was very choppy. Some of the answers lacked deptth......i think like many of us when dealing with weighty material that we need time to prepare and get our thoughts down on paper.....rather than being able to bring it to life orally.

Mariah does have problems at times articulating things in a succint manner without rambling on an going on unnecessary tangents. Oprah pulled her up on it several times and also the Genius interview itself were quite cringe worthy at times when she went totally off.

Anyway it is what it is and hopefully will get some more GP attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                                She still feels very uncomfortable when being asked Pat and continues to deflect. She is trying to be honest, but respectful at the same time.
                                At this stage, being respectful and humble doesn't matter. You've written it down on paper so why not confidently say it. there's nothing to hide anymore.

The way she says "i don't think i went in as hard as I coul've" or "i want to paint him in a certain light"......takes the heat away or can create certain connotations that she is still not telling the whole truth in her memoir.

I wonder what training or guidance she was given when sharing her stories on TV. Obviously speaking from the heart is always best but for certain interviews like this whereyou need to get to the point quickly and make it exciting for listeners....she's a bit lacking there in both the interviews the past two days. Also that Oprah interview as long as it is, had several unnecessary tangents in her describing how it truly felt to her.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                  Wow every time I learn something new from the book I am floored. I cant believe Pat said something like that.

I also wonder when will Tommy be made to answer for all this? His comments through Cindi Berger are ridiculous.
                                  I think his statement is disgusting .
                                  But I guess he can't actually acknowledge his actions and admit that he was abusive. Still, there has to be a better way to approach this.
                                  MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• With all these stuff coming out and the hype, it rly does feel like the 90s all over again!

Comment

• These subjects Mariah is touching for the first time are NOT EASY to deal with! I feel like we must be patience and understanding. she is doing all this and sharing so much, let's just support her.
                                      #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Any link for this full interview?
                                        https://www.instagram.com/p/CFrn_dyJ...=1fsi1jujbm4c1

Comment

• What a disgusting tweet.

Comment

• i feel Patricia is resentful and bitter towards mariah, that she didn't fulfill her dreams or reach major success in the opera world.

regardless, mariah has always credited her mother and supported her.

I know of many parents that didn't get the same opportunities as their children, yet they live vicariously through the success of their children and are still proud.

disappointing that Patricia behaved this way.

Comment

• Weird that Mariah invited Pat to duet on O come all ye faithful. After knowing Pat's behaviour, i wish Mariah sang it solo, replaced Pat's opera part with her own vocal.
                                              Last edited by leoapp; Mon September 28, 2020, 14:03.

Comment

• Well, I never expected this development. I've always loved alternative/emo bands, would be interesting to hear Mariah's version.

The lyrics to Malibu, considering the timeline, priceless.

Comment

• BISH!

Mariah’s vocals on “Joe” are a regligous experience! I’m on the basement floor

Comment

• Demented is my favorite track

Comment

Working...
                                                    X