Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This just came out, it's an incredible segment. I love the middle presenter, she used to work with Mariah apparently or part of her extended team.

Encapsulates what most lambs are feeling. She is indeed a "Saint". Can we launch an application for Mariah's sainthood for saving our lives during Covid-19?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsI4057VGPA

Comment

• I think the interview was ok, though it didn’t shine like Oprah’s for different reasons.

On one side, this is a morning show, it’s just a fastest, more edited piece. There’s not much time to build the momentum.

The hardest part is the fact that is she was asked really personal and difficult questions. It’s not the same talking about an album that about your mother, who you have issues with. Mariah has always been really quiet and respectful. One thing is to write carefully your story and something really different is to say out loud your opinions and criticism about your mother. It doesn’t matter how respectful she is, I guess it was not easy at all.

If wouldn’t mind if her team would review the questions previously or if she gave more generic questions about her family. It would be less painful (i guess) to lead people towards the book. In the end, Patricia has never talked public about Mariah like Alison and Morgan did. Despite Mariah has always talk mostly good things about her. Going so deep into personal issues has to be really tough. If I were Mariah I wouldn’t do it.

Something else I noticed that made me sad was when Gayle asked her if she’ll love again (I can’t remember the exact question), Mariah didn’t acknowledge Brian. I don’t know what kind of relationship they have, so maybe there’s nothing to acknowledge, but it was sad to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
        Hmm, I’m puzzled by the Gayle King interview critiques. In fact, I’m still puzzled from the folks who were criticizing the Oprah interview. Nobody is ever going to be a perfect interviewer, because different styles can be divisive. For example, I LOVE Diane Sawyer’s interviewing style, but some people may find her cold. It all depends on the individual viewer. But to write off a whole interview because you felt the interviewer didn’t respect Mariah? They’re not fans, they’re journalists. And also, with COVID, editing is always going to cause Mariah’s responses to seem a little choppy. That’s okay. As long as she’s getting her message across, which is a proclamation of her freedom as a fully realized human being. It takes a lot of a courage to put yourself out there like that, and whether it’s with Gayle, Oprah or Jane, the humanizing effect of these in-depth interviews do wonders in getting the general public to understand the authentic Mariah.

I’m so excited to start listening to the audiobook tonight!!!!!!! Hoping it’s up at midnight EST time! And I’m so excited for The Rarities!!! And omg, I LOVE Someone’s Ugly Daughter. I’ve been playing Malibu, Demented, Prom Queen and Freak nonstop. Mariah and Clarissa’s pen game and musicianship are next level.

We’re such a blessed fan base!!!!!

Gayle is cut out for doing hard news, not entertainment coverage or celebrity interviews. Her personality just doesn't match what she's doing, and there's nothing wrong with that. I don't see anything wrong with reacting to an obvious mismatch of subject and interviewer. Mariah and Gayle have known each other for decades, so perhaps Gayle went too far in being detached in her professional capacity this time.

The interview itself was serviceable, but Gayle had no life in her. She never does, which works when you're covering serious topics and speaking to important people like Nancy Pelosi, but for human interest stories or celebrity interviews such as this one, you need to have lots of personality and a soft touch. Gayle doesn't employ these when she's in her "reporter" groove, and that was on full display here. It's not enough to be nice and to lsiten. You have to be personable, and Gayle doesn't bring that when she

I was a public affairs aficianado in my former professional life. Scheduling interviews for my bosses and setting them up with affable and capable interviewers a huge part of my job, so perhaps I am looking at it through that lens. I still do media relations consulting when asked, so I think that's why I didn't particularly care for this one.

Comment

• Is anyone a fan of Lil Snowman?
          Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
            Is anyone a fan of Lil Snowman?
            I am. Love that song. One of my most streamed Mariah songs.
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

https://open.spotify.com/album/16tYq...SB6ycVPybHAxhQ

Even better: my own Mariah playlist: 100% Mariah Rarities, hits and more: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5w...T0etrKoOUIoKrQ
              Thank you
              Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Trying to decide if I wanna listen to only Mariah for the rest of the year
                Last edited by itsawrap; Mon September 28, 2020, 22:19.
                Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I am. Love that song. One of my most streamed Mariah songs.
                  I listened to it probably for the 3rd time, it's really not as bad as I thought orginally.
                  Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Spoilers in the link below:

https://www.newsday.com/entertainmen...oir-1.49865349

Comment

• What year was the santa claus is coming mix recorded?
                      Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Does Mariah mention Luis or Mark in the book? It's funny, in the Gayle interview, she didn't mention she was with Bryan, when Gayle asked her about being open to love. #boytoy
                        Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                          What year was the santa claus is coming mix recorded?
                          Long time ago. I got it when I bought the Christmas dual disc.
                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                            This just came out, it's an incredible segment. I love the middle presenter, she used to work with Mariah apparently or part of her extended team.

Encapsulates what most lambs are feeling. She is indeed a "Saint". Can we launch an application for Mariah's sainthood for saving our lives during Covid-19?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsI4057VGPA
                            cool segment

Comment

• Anitta once again has lovely things to say about Mariah, it's about 3//4 through. Though she mentions she's also a fan of JLO...

Comment

• Amazon Brazil

See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• It's almost 1AM here and nothing..... I AM SO READY
                                  Last edited by Tomer_MC; Mon September 28, 2020, 22:05.
                                  #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• I bought the kindle edition but I can't read it until Saturday

Comment

• 10 minutes and counting

Comment

• Ahhhhhhh so excited
                                        It's just a fling baby, fling baby, nothing more than a fling baby, fling baby.

Comment

• Two new albums and her life story all within one week!
                                          we are not worthy...

Comment

• It’s 00:01 and it’s not on my Apple Books... still showing as pre-ordered.
                                            why are they doing me like this?!

edit: okay scrap that, IT’S HERE!!
                                            Last edited by WaitYourTurn; Mon September 28, 2020, 23:10.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

I was listening to Dream On yesterday, and idly wondered how it would sound if she covered it. The Bible says that when two or three are in agreement, God moves, so...
                                              Let’s hope they perform live together soon

Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• The Audible is 11hrs and 17min long. Released at midnight US!
                                                  See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I was lowkey hoping she wouldn’t shade J-Lo again... so kinda disappointed on that.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X