No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine has arrived! Little p!ssed off that it’s slightly shabby around the edges but I’ll overlook that as it would probably happen anyway. Lol gonna get stuck in after work
    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• That jlo shade tho
      Forget the image, forget the ensembles, forget the rumors, forget the short skirts, big hair.....

Comment

• just read trough a couple of chapters... the book is great!!

Comment

• I'm at 11%.... there's so much to take in already. her resilience even at the age of 6 was incridible!
          never thought that part of The Art of Letting Go was about her mother...
          #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• One thing I’ve noticed when I’m reading it, is it plays like a movie in my mind... it’s so descriptive and visual, I Almost feel like I am in the room with them.

this has to be made into a movie one day, it has a very strong story

Comment

• Ps - I actually believe her now when she says Glitter wasn’t based on her life story... she was probably saying that because Billie Franks life was a walk in the park compared to Mariahs!!

Comment

• ok how much did she get paid to do that Ritz cracker ad?
                You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Spoiler!

Comment

• I find this book to be very heavy. I knew it would be. But I do think it will take more than a few days to settle before celebrating something like The Rarities. I wish they considered pushing that forward/back a bit.
                    See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                      I find this book to be very heavy. I knew it would be. But I do think it will take more than a few days to settle before celebrating something like The Rarities. I wish they considered pushing that forward/back a bit.
                      I get what you mean. I am impatient for new music, but I am already feeling like I could relisten to this Audible and read passages of the book over and over again.
                      You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

The Stephen Colbert interview is AMAZING!!!

Now this is the type of interview we needed. I think she resonates better with her interviewer if it's fun and bubbly and as she's that sort of person herself it's easier for her to project. Also they let her speak for more than 1 sentence which is fantastic.
                        Ha! My thoughts were:

1) Whoa, Mariah, slow down! She seemed hyper.

2) Did she read what we said about her not getting into specifics? She started immediately talking more details about their lives, etc.

3) This was a much lighter interview. I wonder if the depth of her experiences came through.

4) Actually, she probably adapted to the audience. She gave them the fun parts, like talking about the Chick album.

It wasn’t my favorite interview. But then reading that others loved it, I realize again how hard it is to make everyone happy. I’m glad she is mixing it up and showing all different sides of her.

Go Mariah!

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                          I liked the parts where they discussed music. She knows what she wants to say. But the personal life stuff, not so much (she tends to ramble aimlessly).
                          Her comfort zone.

Comment

• I can't at Pat and her Coffee
                            ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Comment

• Originally posted by xmel05 View Post
                              I can't at Pat and her Coffee
                              I choked at that. Wtf

Comment

• I am listening to the audio book because my hard copy hasn't arrived. It's wonderful to hear her read this. And her singing the first parts of Outside...whoa man, I'm choked up!!

And also another glowing review, this time from The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...nderstood-star

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                  In the Stephen Colbert interview she mentioned that Rock and Roe are still home schooled.....i wonder if she'll ever let them have a normal schooling at some point (obviously after covid) and when they reach high school. She did say she wants the most normal life possible for them.....

Or do you think she'll never let them go to a regular school even when they reach high school age.
                                  Ive always kind of hated this, its like they get no socialization whatsoever.

Comment

• Wow, her childhood part is really heavy and lengthy. I cannot wait until I get to her career bits though

Comment

• OMG my book is 3 stops away from being delivered

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                        Spoiler!
                                        That chapter is heartbreaking! The insidiousness of it is unimaginable!
                                        I AM A GOD!

Comment

• I had no idea TAOLG was about Pat too

Comment

• Dandelion is the saddest part yet, Mariah’s parents were honestly the worst, these kids were practically orphans

I was in tears when Mariah was choking up when speaking about all of Allison’s potential when she was younger, and when Allison took her shopping

Pat failed Allison, big time, and Alfred, though around, and stern when they were kids, did not seem to really make an effort as soon as she was a teen, and he did the same shit to Mariah, abandoning her at church around the same time he let Allison have the kid and move to a foreign country
                                            Last edited by allygdale; Tue September 29, 2020, 14:31.

Comment

• Spoiler!

Comment

• Do you guys think mariah’s ex siblings will say something? Or have they already said something.
                                                Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• What is Resting in pieces chapter about?
                                                  Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• This whole family...wow I am so sorry for all of them tbh.
                                                    MARIAH

Comment

Working...
                                                    X