Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think she has been honest but very kind and trying to understand her family's behavior.

Comment

• I’ve just finished the Ben M part. Wtf was the sham of a contract he made her sign and how is that legal for all of her albums even after she signed a deal with Columbia!!!
      "Maryann's saying cut the tape, cut the tape... KNIFE!"

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

I think there was a part where Mariah very subtly alluded to the satanic ritual stuff as well... it was one very subtle sentence.
        I think there may be some truth to it
        She even references the castle like building that Allison described, only I’m sure Allison said it was Long Island and Mariah says it was with her father in NY.
        "Maryann's saying cut the tape, cut the tape... KNIFE!"

Comment

• Originally posted by mariahguru View Post
          I’ve just finished the Ben M part. Wtf was the sham of a contract he made her sign and how is that legal for all of her albums even after she signed a deal with Columbia!!!
          I don’t think he even knew its power, he copied it from a book from the man who later became Mariah’s music lawyer, Don Passman, he does all of her record deals

Comment

• Dead at her saying mostly kind things about Ben and nothing about Walter other than him being present when she wrote Hero

Comment

• Just got my copy, not sure whether to start reading it now (a few chapters a day) or dedicate a whole day to read it on the weekend. Choices Choices...

Comment

• I've reached the part where she sings like Pat "I always feel like, somebody's watching me" LOL and right after comes the shocking part that she spoke about on the Gayle interview... wow
                Last edited by Tomer_MC; Tue September 29, 2020, 17:30.
                #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post
                  I've reached the part where she sings like Pat "I always feel like, somebody's watching me" LOL
                  Omg I would have laughed too

Comment

• Hey guys,

Please try to use the SPOILER tags when describing specifics of the book. Just for another day or so to allow everyone to catch up. A lot of shipping issues and stuff with people.
                    See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• LOL The Thanksgiving chapter, Tommy sounds like a hot mess, how in the hell did he get that far

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                        please put the spoiler tag on i
                        Yes please

Comment

• Reading along while listening to the audible book is so touching. The quivering in her voice reading the alison chapter, has me crying. Stunning painful book so far

Comment

• #7 AMAZON best sellers
                            #14 Barnes and Noble best sellers

Comment

• Can y’all believe an album is coming out in two days? Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                Can y’all believe an album is coming out in two days? Lol
                                This is seriously just too much for me.

"Shook Ones" chapter got me shook.
                                You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• My heart leaped at the first mention of Tommy.
                                  Anyone else feel you are in the room with Mariah as she describes everything? I feel like I’m being transported in time
                                  ...as I close my eyes, steady my feet on the ground.....

Comment

• Spoiler!

Comment

• Mimi’s pen game did not disappoint (not that I doubted her) . I love this woman so much. Her strength and resilient , we knew she had a tough start but reading in-depth stories about it makes me so proud and happy that she’s still alive, standing and strong. I also genuinely believe when she says her fans gives her strength and how much grateful she is for the lambs. As we always say in this thread ... your favs could never!
                                      Forget the image, forget the ensembles, forget the rumors, forget the short skirts, big hair.....

Comment

• Currently thinking about buying the book but I might also want to get the audiobook because a lot of people have said that it’s very well made.
                                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Woo lawd after RIP chapter, Patricia and Morgan again sound much more evil than Allison, they are both total psychos

Comment

• I’ve scanned different parts of the book, but I can’t read it all the way through yet. It’s a deep deep DEEP book, and because Mariah is such a visual writer, you’re instantly transported to the exact moment of her pain, and she vividly describes her heartbreak in very specific detail.

But I loved hearing about how close Lullaby of Birdland is to her heart! I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE RARITIES!!!!!!! And she shouted Lullaby of Birdland out on Colbert!!!!!

I also loved when she talked about Pat’s 1977 album, To Start Again. While I’m heartbroken for MC that her relationship with her mother is so complicated, it was also fascinating to read a little about the duality of Pat’s instability, but also how she deeply inspired Mariah’s love of music.

I found Pat’s vinyl in early 2015 at an online record shop, based in Texas, and purchased it instantly. At that time, I’d never heard of any music Pat had ever done, and I was curious about whether or not Mariah herself knew about it. I figured, if she didn’t, it was for her to have.

I started occasionally conversing with Liron (congrats to her on her big shout out in the book! Beautiful pic of her and Mariah in my fave red Idol Lwren Scott dress!). Liron was very sweet in occasionally asking MC questions on my behalf, like about her demo, and she also confirmed for me that MC indeed DID NOT ever hear To Start Again.

I first talked to Sherry Tatum, and she put me in touch with Maryann, and I went to Maryann’s hotel to give her Pat’s album, and she delivered it to Mariah’s Vegas home. That night after MC’s concert, Maryann told me at the show that she had left the album on Mariah’s nightstand, and that MC would see it after her show that night. It was such a special moment for me, because I also got to thank Maryann for co-writing on I Wish You Well. She was so appreciative, and it was like an awesome LAMB moment.

When I met Mariah backstage a year later, and told her who I was, her eyes lit up, she paused, and then said, “thank you so much,” pulled me in closer and softly asked, “may I ask where you got it from?”
                                            From the way she asked it, I wasn’t sure if she was a little tense, but she was seriously curious. And when I said, “oh some record store in Texas,” she INSTANTLY relaxed, “oh okay, cool,” and we immediately jumped into talking about my fav songs, Subtle Invitation, Slipping Away, One More Try, There For Me, Outside, Underneath the Stars, and she was very grateful and gracious, so present and incredibly kind. She squeezed my hand the entire conversation, and very humorously manipulated my torso to get her best angle for our photo, and I did it right back to her again, an amazing lamb moment

but after the meet and greet, I remember being struck by how much relief she seemed to have when said I got the record from a random store. Had I said something like I got it from someone she disassociated from, I think she would’ve found that hurtful. After reading the bit from the book about her Mom and siblings, I get it now.

Liron messaged me the next morning, asking “Did you meet Mariah?!” I told her I did. I had initially told Liron that I was gonna go backstage at a Sept date, but changed plans last minute, and went to the June date instead. I forgot to tell Liron that, so when Mariah texted Liron the next morning “I met that fan you told me about!” Liron was like, “No, Mariah, he’s going on a different date!” and Mariah was like, “NO, it was him. You don’t know everything!!!”
                                            So when Liron messaged me to prove her wrong, I told her I had met her, and she was like “SHE WAS RIGHT!”

Again, awesome lamb moment.

Shawn later posted a pic on IG of To Start Again, when he was visiting Pat. It was prob Pat’s own copy, but I like to think that maybe it was from Mariah. Who knows!

So with all of this, it’s all very full circle, because now we know the truth of what Mariah endured.
                                            Last edited by MsWeiss; Tue September 29, 2020, 21:35.

Comment

• #4 Barnes and Noble best sellers!!!

#7 Amazon best sellers

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                                Can y’all believe an album is coming out in two days? Lol
                                                This is all too much.

I think it was bm08 who said that it may have been better to spread them out a little, and I was like "naw! I want the album"... but there is so much in this book for the fans to digest, it is a bit too much.

If I do get to finish the book before Friday The Rarities will be a big way to celebrate with Mariah.
                                                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• I need Mariah to release a version of Feel the Fire right now. The Teddy Pendergrass and Stephanie Mills version is my favourite song of all time

If she did backing vocals she can do the whole song. Pls Mariah, Rarities PT II

Comment

• Does Mariah talk about BKM in the book? Or Tommy’s kids?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X