Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mariahcareyfan View Post
    I am almost done with the sing sing part, her childhood is indeed is the worst part of her life, you can tell that she’s not telling everything but dropping hints here and there, I’ve always believed the story about the satanic rituals and god knows what else, this family is destroyed beyond normal level and only dark stuff like this might be the reason behind it.

spoiler:

i want to listen again to that creepy song that Alison taught Mariah but I don’t remember which chapter, can anyone help?
    here ya go!! family friends made their jewelry back in the "day"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfASumLhC2U
    https://youtu.be/GUce3mmpoXA

Comment

• JA were great great musicians

Marty had a very melodic voice...wonderful tenor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2f3tlgApHw
      https://youtu.be/GUce3mmpoXA

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post

dont know what bkm is.
        No on the kids.
        Brenda K Mart? If so, yes she does but only positively (where I’m up to anyway)

Comment

• Brenda K MART !

Comment

• Originally posted by musedeva View Post

here ya go!! family friends made their jewelry back in the "day"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfASumLhC2U
            Thanks! Such a creepy song indeed.

altho i still want to hear mariah’s part, ugh I don’t remember which chapter.

Comment

• So, i guess she and bryan was just an act, latest interviews confirmed that.

Comment

• Originally posted by mariahcareyfan View Post
                So, i guess she and bryan was just an act, latest interviews confirmed that.
                I don't think so. He's still with her and just posted about the book. I just think she doesn't like talking publicly about her private relationships, which is totally fair. She was always hesitant to talk about boyfriends, perhaps with Nick as the exception. Maybe she doesn't think another marriage is in her future, and that would also be totally reasonable. Maybe she and Bryan have a great time but she doesn't feel the need to quantify it. I mean we don't know one way or the other 100%, but that's my feeling.

Comment

• Imo she doesn’t need to pretend anything with bryan so definitely it’s not an act

Comment

• Originally posted by sts View Post

I don't think so. He's still with her and just posted about the book. I just think she doesn't like talking publicly about her private relationships, which is totally fair. She was always hesitant to talk about boyfriends, perhaps with Nick as the exception. Maybe she doesn't think another marriage is in her future, and that would also be totally reasonable. Maybe she and Bryan have a great time but she doesn't feel the need to quantify it. I mean we don't know one way or the other 100%, but that's my feeling.
                    Who knows, but the question about her finding love again and her response... makes you think, maybe he played a role in getting her out of the James packer relationship.

Comment

• I am is glad my experience was with Audible, my physical copy comes tomorrow

I expected some half asses acapellas but Chile some of them were so complex, she did the harmonies for the whole damn choir on AYNAF, and yes, the full funeral song Tots played in the Alfred chapter!

Comment

• Official press reviews have been positive so far, and not just the polite kind. I think she scored a goal with this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                          Official press reviews have been positive so far, and not just the polite kind. I think she scored a goal with this one.
                          Including this new one in EW: https://ew.com/books/book-reviews/me...-carey-review/

I think their criticism about her sometimes starting stores she doesn't quite finish with the same detail is probably fair (they give the DJ example, which I also thought as I was listening to the audio book). But I am obsessed with this book and her telling of it. The person who said it is like poetry is correct. It has a flow and is beautifully told.

Comment

• Also the guardian

https://amp.theguardian.com/books/20...mpression=true
                            Last edited by delapuerta; Wed September 30, 2020, 10:54.

Comment

• Has anyone made a YouTube video with all the singing parts compiled as yet?
                              I’m dying to hear them back to back
                              Last edited by WaitYourTurn; Wed September 30, 2020, 12:20.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                Has anyone made a YouTube video with all the singing parts compiled as yet?
                                mom dying to hear them back to back
                                I need that!!
                                http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• What a wonderful read.

She’s been through so much adversity. It really is a miracle that she made it through all of that to become one of the greatest of all time.

Spoiler!
                                  can you commit to be my everything?

Comment

• I am amazed by how much the lyrics of the 25 year old chick album ties in with the book
                                    joe.... makes me think of alisons boyfriend ( i was so tense reading about those moments )
                                    agony...talks of someone overdosing on drugs ( made me think of alisons late night phone calls to mariah)
                                    hermit... with the lyrics .I AM VINIGAR AND WATER
                                    I AM SOMEONES UGLY DAUGHTER ( made me think of how those horrible long island girls made mariah feel about herself )
                                    surrender.....even though it's a cover has the lyics. MOMMY'S ALRIGHT
                                    DADDY'S ALRIGHT
                                    THEY JUST SEEM A LITTLE WEIRD ( in the book mariah draws a picture of her family with the caption " the're weird but there okay" .
                                    stork ..... sounds like it's about her mum, a prelude to reflections from glitter.
                                    it really is a great album, brava brava brava...

Comment

• I'm listening to the audible one. I badly want a standard book to read

Comment

• Such a random connection I never knew was Brenda K Starr being the daughter of someone from Spiral Staircase. I grew up hearing “More Today Than Yesterday” all the time in my house so it was special hearing Mariah mention the song.
                                        funny how one can learn
                                        to grow numb to the madness
                                        and block it away

Comment

• The rarities is #10 in US Amazon and #23 in UK

Comment

• I am in LOVE with the swearing in the audio book. Every time I'm like ""

Comment

• So I’m a few chapters in.. loving the book but it’s made me listen to Looking In, Outside, Butterfly, Petals, Sunflowers etc.. and they’ve never touched me more. Never felt that emotion from them before to this extent. Extraordinary. I just want to give her a big hug.
                                              To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• I finished the book this morning. Wow what a journey!

I’ve had to go through the audiobook to listen to the little tidbits you don’t experience reading the words - her singing the Chick song Hermit made me cackle.
                                                "Maryann's saying cut the tape, cut the tape... KNIFE!"

Comment

• Me and my partner just chuckled when she talked about her life as a 6-year old child and those kids from her neighborhood started chanting "Mariah, we're gonna get you." It was creepy but they way she said it was just funny. But afterwards, we told each other how hard and sad her childhood was.
                                                  Last edited by Mckenry; Wed September 30, 2020, 15:06.

Comment

• My book won't arrive until the 7th October... it's so dumb. I hate my country.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X