Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve just finished the book... I don’t think I’ve read a book in less than two days in my entire life!

i was captivated from start to finish and FELT LIKE I WAS IN THE ROOM during every single story. I think I need a few days to digest it all because it’s pretty hard hitting.

just when I thought I couldn’t respect her any more...

Comment

• Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
      My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
      Forever and always!

Comment

• I giggled at the “female entertainer” and the way she said it in audible ... referring to the lady she doesn’t know.
        Forget the image, forget the ensembles, forget the rumors, forget the short skirts, big hair.....

Comment

• Originally posted by automaticprincess View Post
          I giggled at the “female entertainer” and the way she said it in audible ... referring to the lady she doesn’t know.
          Yep, "entertainer," NEVER "artist" in her estimation. So. much. shade.
          You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post

Yep, "entertainer," NEVER "artist" in her estimation. So. much. shade.
            I was also a little surprised at how blunt she was about Celine... Mariah hasn’t minced her words in the book and I’m here for it!

Comment

• Waiting for my copy to be delivered... supposedly by 9pm but I have a feeling it's delayed :-( By the sounds of things, it seems like I'll have to listen to the audiobook too!

Side note: she keeps referencing There For Me in her tweets, I wonder why she didn't put it on Rarities?? It was recorded when she at Sony for Rainbow but released by Virgin during the Glitter era... is it something to do with rights from the label??

Comment

• I just finished reading the book. I didn't expect this to be deep and well-written but it is. I'm hoping to listen to the Audible version. Was able to listen snippets of her acapella moments in Youtube. "Outside" was the best. I was afraid she might not capture the magic of the song in her today's vocals but boy I was floored.

The shade at JLo was peanuts compared to the shade at Celine (who was also nameless in the book). Savage.

Comment

• Originally posted by redhorse2016a View Post
                  I just finished reading the book. I didn't expect this to be deep and well-written but it is. I'm hoping to listen to the Audible version. Was able to listen snippets of her acapella moments in Youtube. "Outside" was the best. I was afraid she might not capture the magic of the song in her today's vocals but boy I was floored.

The shade at JLo was peanuts compared to the shade at Celine (who was also nameless in the book). Savage.
                  What does she say about Celine?

Comment

• Finally... the snippets from audible are on YouTube!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mimiongaku View Post

Spoiler!

Comment

• just wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by mimiongaku View Post

Spoiler!

Comment

• I'm at Thanksgiving is cancelled... is it me or she begun to talk more rapidly? I can't catch up..
                            #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• #2 Barnes and Noble best sellers!
                              #7 Amazon best sellers

Comment

• "man from Kalamazoo" and chapters thereafter were a captivating romantic read. I low key wish it was not the end of their story.
                                A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• https://audible.com/adblbestsellers
                                  #1 Audible best sellers!

Last edited by SmartIsNewSexy; Wed September 30, 2020, 20:25.

Comment

• Just done reading.

TMOMC is Mariah making what Glitter should have been but in a written form. So glad she was in control this time.

Does she tell everything? Of course not. But that’s not needed. It’s a very captivating book.

She’s extremely intelligent. You can tell after reading. What a wonderful woman to idolise. I hope she gets the respect and love she deserves.

I can see it helping a lot of people actually. I feel very inspired by it.

Comment

• Finally stocked In supermarkets in the UK today... didn’t see it in any yesterday

Comment

• Does anyone have the FULL iHeart interview, i saw one on youtube it was 17 mins but doesn't appear to be the full interview.

Comment

• I cant believe the new album is being released tomorrow!

I still haven't recovered from reading the book.
                                          My lamby heart is overwhelmed with gratitude

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                            I cant believe the new album is being released tomorrow!

I still haven't recovered from reading the book.
                                            My lamby heart is overwhelmed with gratitude
                                            Tomorrow? Isn’t it Friday?

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                              Does anyone have the FULL iHeart interview, i saw one on youtube it was 17 mins but doesn't appear to be the full interview.
                                              That is the full interview (minus the songs played)

Comment

• Listening to Lullaby today I can't stop imagining that it's also about Derek Jeter. Did they have a fling again in the 2000s or the song is just something she wished was true?

"So here we are again
                                                All by ourselves
                                                So familiar you know
                                                That it actually almost feels like deja vu
                                                Of that night on the roof
                                                We kissed under the sky under city lights
                                                A sudden flashback to so long ago
                                                In the dark all alone
                                                With our bodies this close
                                                Guess some things never change
                                                'Cause I still melt away
                                                When you touch me
                                                And say my name"
                                                Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                                                Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                                                Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

That is the full interview (minus the songs played)
                                                  Though the start is very ubrupt and didn't i hear somewhere that she said something about retiring?

Comment

• "She goes hard on her about trying to ousting Aretha during Divas. She is respectful though."

Sorry, how is this a shade?
                                                    AsaPUKE ing bola
                                                    king lalam ning TETE

Comment

Working...
                                                    X