No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else bought a box of Ritz today? I saviored them as a child too, but these will be gone by the time Rarities is out
    #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
      So I’m a few chapters in.. loving the book but it’s made me listen to Looking In, Outside, Butterfly, Petals, Sunflowers etc.. and they’ve never touched me more. Never felt that emotion from them before to this extent. Extraordinary. I just want to give her a big hug.
      Yes.
      I was thinking that her past interviews, her past appearances (at award shows for instance) and shows, her songs obviously - all of these will be looked at in a new light.
      It's kind of weird, learning so much about Mariah emotionally.
      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

Tomorrow? Isn’t it Friday?
        Yes, definitely released Friday.
        But when SINS posted that - tomorrow is Friday in Australia.

In fact, if it's released at midnight - 16 hours to go!
        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• It would be amazing if Mariah had the #1 book and #1 album in the country simultaneously

make it happen

basically the rest of 2020 (october to December) belongs to Mariah!
          when will your faves?

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
            It would be amazing if Mariah had the #1 book and #1 album in the country simultaneously

make it happen

when will your faves?
            Incoming.....

* Drake
            * Ariana
            * Rihanna
            I feel at least 2-3 major releases are brewing. This holiday season could well be a bloodbath filled with many big releases.

Comment

• I finished yesterday up to the Dandelion chapter. So far it's really a captivating reading, and when I was telling my wife all that I have read I felt sad/happy for her.

Sad for all that she went through, specially with her family.
              Happy that she managed to share this very intimate glimpses of her life, that you realize they are just glimpses, that she is holding A LOT of things back, that she is making her points clear but at the same time you can feel there is much more there. So I am happy she is that strong to tell her story but at the same time still caring about those that betrayed her. Maybe this will change in the upcoming chapters, but so far she seems even stronger to my eyes, how she evolved.

I am so happy that one day in the past I decided to be a lamb. It was a very easy choice I must admit, as her music is beautiful, but to be a fan of an artist that embraces her fans and share music and more is just a gift we must not overlook. We are blessed to love this woman.
              ENJOY UKMIX Retro Charts Records! Chart Facts, Year-End charts, Records and more...

Comment

• On the official Mariah’s YT channel there is a countdown to the premiere of the tokyo dome concert.
                music.is.life.is.music

Comment

• Tokyo Dome on YouTube this week, yaaaaaaaaaas! But who is trying to foil this Rarities release?

YouTube numbers will be good but album streams will suffer immeasurably because the lambs will be split streaming the concert on YouTube and the new album, and the Spotify and Apple Music subscriber streams count much more for Billboard

#CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                    Who else bought a box of Ritz today? I saviored them as a child too, but these will be gone by the time Rarities is out
                    Tangent: my husband says they are good with Nutella. I still have to try it, but what ISN'T good with Nutella.

But yeah, her description of Ritz crackers was insanely mouthwatering and so random.
                    You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                      It would be amazing if Mariah had the #1 book and #1 album in the country simultaneously

make it happen

when will your faves?
                      I wish but she has big competitors like Black Pink

We betta stream the shit out of it on Spotify and Apple Music, Tokyo Dome can wait

We need a single like Cool On You on all the big playlists, especially Spotify , all dem kids who TikToked Obsessed will be here for Cool On You

Cool On You on Spotify’s “Today’s Top Hits” would guarantee huge streaming numbers for the album AND single because of track equivalents on the album chart now, and it would get it to the right audience quick

I think HWGAA will also do well in streams because people will give it a chance since it’s track 1 and they will love it and repeat it
                      Last edited by allygdale; Wed September 30, 2020, 23:00.
                      #CAUTION

Comment

• Cute little gallery/photo essay on Mariah's fashion choices over the years:
                        https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/...h-careys-style
                        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaqubb View Post
                          On the official Mariah’s YT channel there is a countdown to the premiere of the tokyo dome concert.
                          Yippee!

Comment

• I am switching over to the Audible version just for the singing snippets. It’s not as nice as reading though imo

Comment

• More links at the Memoirs thread: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/general-...y-memoir/page2

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

Yes, definitely released Friday.
                                But when SINS posted that - tomorrow is Friday in Australia.

In fact, if it's released at midnight - 16 hours to go!
                                I’m not sure if it’ll be out at midnight at New Zealand/ Australia. STD AND OHOMO came out midnight at US time for everybody

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I’m not sure if it’ll be out at midnight at New Zealand/ Australia. STD AND OHOMO came out midnight at US time for everybody
                                  A savvy queen
                                  #CAUTION

Comment

• Does Mariah talk about NYE 16 ‘ in the book ? Just curious

Comment

• Originally posted by HiNote View Post
                                      Does Mariah talk about NYE 16 ‘ in the book ? Just curious
                                      Briefly towards the end
                                      I AM A GOD!

Comment

• Originally posted by HiNote View Post
                                        Does Mariah talk about NYE 16 ‘ in the book ? Just curious
                                        Yes she does and it's one of the funnier moments in the book.

Comment

• Another thing I love about Mariah is that...she lets us know just exactly who she respects...and those who she doesn't will be implicitly referred to in a specific anecdote and the person in question will be described in verbose, but vague terms.
                                          You can feel the reverence she has for Luther, Aretha, Whitney and I love that. She could have easily sold out her peers (many of whom are dead) to sell more books, but she didn't. I am almost certain that she knows more than she lets us believe, but she is loyal, especially to those who are no longer here to defend themselves.

Comment

• Cool On You is a number one hit and I’m not scared to say it! Knocking on wood or fingers crossing isn’t even necessary, can’t be jinxed, not being hyperbolic
                                            #CAUTION

Comment

• The Rarities Disc one has leaked.

Comment

• I wish she would have talked about the video shooting accident and the whole shoulder and hand debacle, it's like the whole MIAM era didn't happen. She only mentions MILG because of Stevie Wonder. I wanted to know a little about the creation of MIAM because I love the album.
                                                And I wish she wouldn't have spent the energy talking crap about Celine and the whole divas thing. She could have just talked about the experience singing with Aretha and sharing the stage with the other incredibly talented and successful women and not make it a petty moment. Some people might disagree with me but I'm making a statement of my own opinion. Celine is nothing but nice and doesn't deserve to be called a "lunatic". Not nice.
                                                MARIAH

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
                                                  I’ve scanned different parts of the book, but I can’t read it all the way through yet. It’s a deep deep DEEP book, and because Mariah is such a visual writer, you’re instantly transported to the exact moment of her pain, and she vividly describes her heartbreak in very specific detail.

But I loved hearing about how close Lullaby of Birdland is to her heart! I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE RARITIES!!!!!!! And she shouted Lullaby of Birdland out on Colbert!!!!!

I also loved when she talked about Pat’s 1977 album, To Start Again. While I’m heartbroken for MC that her relationship with her mother is so complicated, it was also fascinating to read a little about the duality of Pat’s instability, but also how she deeply inspired Mariah’s love of music.

I found Pat’s vinyl in early 2015 at an online record shop, based in Texas, and purchased it instantly. At that time, I’d never heard of any music Pat had ever done, and I was curious about whether or not Mariah herself knew about it. I figured, if she didn’t, it was for her to have.

I started occasionally conversing with Liron (congrats to her on her big shout out in the book! Beautiful pic of her and Mariah in my fave red Idol Lwren Scott dress!). Liron was very sweet in occasionally asking MC questions on my behalf, like about her demo, and she also confirmed for me that MC indeed DID NOT ever hear To Start Again.

I first talked to Sherry Tatum, and she put me in touch with Maryann, and I went to Maryann’s hotel to give her Pat’s album, and she delivered it to Mariah’s Vegas home. That night after MC’s concert, Maryann told me at the show that she had left the album on Mariah’s nightstand, and that MC would see it after her show that night. It was such a special moment for me, because I also got to thank Maryann for co-writing on I Wish You Well. She was so appreciative, and it was like an awesome LAMB moment.

When I met Mariah backstage a year later, and told her who I was, her eyes lit up, she paused, and then said, “thank you so much,” pulled me in closer and softly asked, “may I ask where you got it from?”
                                                  From the way she asked it, I wasn’t sure if she was a little tense, but she was seriously curious. And when I said, “oh some record store in Texas,” she INSTANTLY relaxed, “oh okay, cool,” and we immediately jumped into talking about my fav songs, Subtle Invitation, Slipping Away, One More Try, There For Me, Outside, Underneath the Stars, and she was very grateful and gracious, so present and incredibly kind. She squeezed my hand the entire conversation, and very humorously manipulated my torso to get her best angle for our photo, and I did it right back to her again, an amazing lamb moment

but after the meet and greet, I remember being struck by how much relief she seemed to have when said I got the record from a random store. Had I said something like I got it from someone she disassociated from, I think she would’ve found that hurtful. After reading the bit from the book about her Mom and siblings, I get it now.

Liron messaged me the next morning, asking “Did you meet Mariah?!” I told her I did. I had initially told Liron that I was gonna go backstage at a Sept date, but changed plans last minute, and went to the June date instead. I forgot to tell Liron that, so when Mariah texted Liron the next morning “I met that fan you told me about!” Liron was like, “No, Mariah, he’s going on a different date!” and Mariah was like, “NO, it was him. You don’t know everything!!!”
                                                  So when Liron messaged me to prove her wrong, I told her I had met her, and she was like “SHE WAS RIGHT!”

Again, awesome lamb moment.

Shawn later posted a pic on IG of To Start Again, when he was visiting Pat. It was prob Pat’s own copy, but I like to think that maybe it was from Mariah. Who knows!

So with all of this, it’s all very full circle, because now we know the truth of what Mariah endured.
                                                  My goodness... I looked up Pat's album and according to the credits it was recorded at that creepy Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Huntington, NY that Allison identified as the place of her trauma. In fact the record label is Unitarian Universalist Records! This probably explains Mariah's concern as to how you acquired the album. The more research I do the more I think there is some truth to what Allison was saying after all. Everything I've uncovered so far points to this "church" as being some sort of cult center that had very secretive practices, disappearing members and leaders that were imprisoned for undisclosed reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

But that wouldn't make sense, would it?

Midnight Thursday NY is 2pm Friday Sydney time, so if the CD is available in store I would be able to pick it up at 9am Friday (presumably). Unless they hold it back till the afternoon. But that doesn't help sales locally.
                                                    MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X