No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowly taking it all in.. taking my time between songs. Also 35% into the book. This feels like a whole experience and I will go through it at my time. Mariah is slaying me so hard. Repeat button FOR DAYS!
    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• 10 minutes

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
        All I live for should have been on Music Box.

The intro to One Night reminds me of Vanishing and parts the background vocals were definitely used in another of her gospely songs later. Maybe I wish you well? Not sure about where the song goes after that, not my favourite tbh but her vocals are great. Love the way she has two layers of her voice throughout. Melt Away teas.

Yes it is very vanishing/ I wish you well/ one more try
        Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Orginal loverboy gives me Janet ‘All for you’ vibes Love that song.
          Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Mariah reaffirms her stronghold as the BEST SELLING INTERNATIONAL ARTIST in ASIA!

Album: The Rarities
            iTunes (7x #1):
            #1 Hong Kong
            #1 Indonesia
            #1 Malaysia
            #1 Philippines
            #1 Singapore
            #1 Thailand
            #1 Vietnam
            #2 New Zealand
            #4 Australia
            #4 Macau
            #8 Cambodia
            #21 Brunei Darussalam

Apple Music:
            #13 Philippines
            #181 Indonesia

YOUR FAVES COULD NEVER!

Comment

• Originally posted by MariahKremlin View Post
              It feels like The rarities is going to be really big globally

How do we know?

Comment

• Omg the intro to one nigh is the love child of I wish you well and camouflage. So pretty

Comment

• Mariah forming an Alliance with BTS to snatch the billboard award!

Mariah knows BTS!
                  winning back the Korean fans

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

How do we know?
                    we don’t.

Comment

• Mariah's impact is unparalleled.

RITZ company is supporting her, because she named their product in the book.

get that cross promotion

Comment

• They should’ve cut save the day, lullaby of birdland and close my eyes.
                        Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• I love how the original Loverboy beat slaps so much harder
                          I AM A GOD!

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                            They should’ve cut save the day, lullaby of birdland and close my eyes.
                            No! Love them all but Lullaby of birland is beautiful. The scat and improv are amazing
                            Last edited by delapuerta; Thu October 1, 2020, 22:01.

Comment

• # 1 in India WOW

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                Orginal loverboy gives me Janet ‘All for you’ vibes Love that song.
                                Yes! I was thinking the same. For years I had kind of assumed/hoped that the concept for the song was sth along the likes of “can’t get you out of my head” by Kylie Minogue but I’m pleasantly suprised with the vibe of it.

it probably needed another video too if it had to be more of a organic hit. I haven’t made my mind up completely yet.

i do think she should do sth with it

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                  I am floored, wigless and overly dramatic right now.
                                  Right now?
                                  Just right now?

Kidding...

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• just start listening "Rarities" on Spotify
                                    https://soundcloud.com/mofei-1/gtfo-...sion-demo-live
                                    How Abt you ( #GTFO) -my new demo

Comment

• Common Australia/NZ, surely this album can do better than a Queen+Adam Lambert live album.

=========

Album: The Rarities

iTunes (10x #1):
                                      #1 Bahrain
                                      #1 Hong Kong
                                      #1 India
                                      #1 Indonesia
                                      #1 Malaysia
                                      #1 Philippines
                                      #1 Singapore
                                      #1 Thailand
                                      #1 United Arab Emirates
                                      #1 Vietnam
                                      #2 Israel
                                      #2 New Zealand
                                      #4 Australia
                                      #4 Macau
                                      #8 Cambodia
                                      #10 Finland
                                      #21 Brunei Darussalam
                                      #188 Saudi Arabia

Comment

• omg , can you hear me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                        https://soundcloud.com/mofei-1/gtfo-...sion-demo-live
                                        How Abt you ( #GTFO) -my new demo

Comment

• Originally posted by MeIAmXino View Post
                                          omg , can you hear me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                          Aghhhhh!!!!! I can’t wait to hear that one!!!!!!!!!!
                                          http://marcokircher.com
                                          http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                          https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                          IG: marco235

Comment

• From the NY... ahem Post, this is actually a good little review of the album:

Don't read if you want to avoid spoilers.

The best tracks from Mariah Carey’s ‘The Rarities’ album

"Fresh off spilling the tea in her much-anticipated memoir ““The Meaning of Mariah Carey,” released Tuesday, the pop superstar opens the vault for “The Rarities,” a collection of rare and previously unreleased tracks such as the Lauryn Hill joint “Save the Day.”

The album, out Friday, also comes with a bonus concert set, “Live at the Tokyo Dome,” from Carey’s first Japan show in 1996.

Here are six highlights that will keep you obsessed with Mimi.

“Here We Go Around Again”
                                            Before she hit No. 1 with her “MTV Unplugged” cover of “I’ll Be There” in 1992, a young Carey channeled the Jackson 5 on this buoyant bop from 1990, sounding so innocent that she can barely contain the sheer joy of relishing in her own melismatic powers.

“Do You Think of Me”
                                            Originally released as the B-side to Carey’s 1993 No. 1 smash “Dreamlover,” this sultry slow jam oozes yearning “Can’t Let Go” vibes, which is no coincidence: Both songs were collaborations with her ’90s writing-producing partner Walter Afanasieff.

“Slipping Away”
                                            It’s hard to believe that this midtempo bittersweetness was relegated to the B-side of another Carey chart-topper, 1995’s “Always Be My Baby.” Co-produced and co-written by Dave “Jam” Hall — who also collaborated with the singer on the “Daydream” hit “Fantasy” — it radiates a smooth soul glow.

“Out Here on My Own”
                                            This tune — originally performed by Irene Cara in the 1980 movie “Fame” — is one of Carey’s childhood faves, and you can hear exactly what the lyrics mean to her when she sings this 2000 cover. Perfectly capturing the sentiment of these isolated times, this piano ballad deserves to be released as a single and become the diva’s latest No. 1 if there is any justice.

“I Pray”
                                            Co-written and co-produced by Kenneth Crouch — nephew of gospel great Andraι Crouch — this 2005 prayer is one of the most straight-up spiritual things Carey has ever done, with a choir helping her to take it all the way to church.

“Anytime You Need a Friend (Live at the Tokyo Dome)”
                                            A peak-form Carey gives all of her emotions to this “Music Box” ballad, which seamlessly gives way to a house remix that blurs the lines between Saturday night and Sunday morning.
                                            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• It’s midnight in the UK!

happy new album day all!

Comment

• Why is nobody talking about the album in the album's topic?

Can someone tell me which photoshoot they used for the album cover?
                                                Last edited by JeremySpears; Thu October 1, 2020, 23:42.
                                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Just had my first listen before going to bed, i can't help it. Great body of work. Clearly the most polished songs are the previous B-Sides...they all have fuller sounds and stronger production. Though many of the new songs have very interesting (some haunting) melodies and sounds we haven't heard on any MC song before.

So far, my favourites out of the new songs:

Top Tier:
                                                  * Can You Hear Me
                                                  * All I Live For
                                                  * Hew We Go Around Again
                                                  * Loverboy
                                                  * One Night (first part)

Middle Tier:
                                                  * Cool On You
                                                  * Mesmerised
                                                  * I Pray

Bottom Tier:
                                                  * One Night (second part)
                                                  * Lullaby of Bridland

I'm going to resist listening to this again, will give it a full run through tomorrow. The above may change...

Comment

• “You want it, you want it, you want it, you want it”

This album is so ******* good! Long Live the Queen, Long Live Mariah!!
                                                    can you commit to be my everything?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X