#1 Vietnam

New #1s

#1 Spain
    #1 Bahrain
    #1 Lebanon
    #1 UAE

11 X #1's in total

Comment

• Here's an idea for a BBMAs performance (if it happens).......Loverboy (Firecracker) then into Loverboy (Candy) or vice versa (similar to the way she merges the Hearberaker Remix into the original).....it will shut the F**** house down.

Before the performance on the screen, they can basically read out an excerpt of the Memoir (or play Mariah's audible) of the thievery....ending in I'm Real plastered on the back screen. Cue fireworks or a dramatic entrance. Then bang...into the performance.

She needs to go hard with this, it could well go down as a pop momment. Loverboy still goes quite hard today and if they freshen up the production just a tad on both and put in a stronger bassline it could well be a good single choice again (even for laughs).
      Last edited by skylynx; Fri October 2, 2020, 00:09.

Comment

• OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!Yas Yas Yaaaaaaaas!!!!!! I have no words such incredibile Tracks!!! What a freshness!!!!Can you hear me,All I live for, one night (the introoo wow).....Loverboy better than the original...OMG Mesmerized thumbs up!!!!
        Like the wind through the trees...

Comment

• Mesmerized
          i love the original Loverboy - it’s sounds artistic and experimental. Why didn’t they release this? It sounds nothing like I’m Real.

Comment

• Is Mariah still on the Daily Show tonight? I haven’t seen anything else about it online since she first announced it last week.

Comment

• 12 #1s... India was at #1.
              MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Tokyo Dome IDWC.. i love the “I don’t (..pause..) wanna cry” part in the end

Comment

• Hello everyone, I used to be on this thread back in the day( and the previous Mariah thread)under the username Mam. I had to make a new account though as it had been so long that I last logged into here and I no longer have access to the email address associated with account.

I just had to come back to write about how proud I am of Mimi. She really has come full circle. I've been listening to the audiobook, so beautifully and poignantly written. I cried 4 times by the end of the Dandelion chapter and I had to pause. It's a lot to take in but it made me feel closer to Mariah in so many ways. We have had similar upbringings. Some of the thoughts she expresses about little Mariah in the face of conflict and abandonment, and her self-esteem issues but also having that one thing she believed in about herself - I related to this so much. The words she used, were so eerily similar to my thoughts. But also, the Memoir gives me hope as I am still, in some ways, living in the trauma that she has been emancipated from. She clearly has her scars, but she's freer. It was so beautiful to see that all the mess in her life never broke her. She gives me hope that it gets better, I just have some healing to go through first.

​​​​​​Also had my first listen of The Rarities - I have lots of thoughts on this. Favourites so far are Cool on You and All I Live For. I do prefer the Firecracker version overall but there are elements of the Candy version I like too. I think the sample sticks in your head more, I like that her vocals can be heard more. I prefer the intro to the candy version though. I would have liked to have heard a Firecracker with Da Brat and Ludacris version though.thoug

What a time to be a fan. This is how you celebrate 30 years in the industry.

Comment

• Here We Go Around Again
                    I love music!

Comment

• The Times review:

Mariah Carey: The Rarities review — still mad about that killer voice
                      ★★★☆

Don't have access to the full review as it's behind a paywall.
                      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Spoiler!

Comment

• In Cool on You, The way she so effortlessly glides over the beat, only Mariah could sound so casually carefree and musically talented at the same time. E=MC2 was the first album where I became a lamb so that's probably why I gravitate to this one so much. I much prefer this to ITC which it reminds me of a lot.

I also love how this album is a journey through all the eras. You can hear how her voice, lyricism and overall artistry transformed over time. I found myself almost instinctively knowing how she was going to pronounce certain syllables or being able to tell how she was going to go for some of the ad-libs based on the era the song was from.

The experience of this album, there's this familiarity to it but then they're also brand new songs we haven't heard before. Mesmerized is not my cup of tea but I'd have like to have seen Lee Daniels use it.
                          Last edited by fuzzy; Fri October 2, 2020, 00:36.

Comment

• Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i am losing my shit! This album!!!

Don't even care if I've only listened to it twice.... BETTER THAN ANY OTHER MARIAH ALBUM EXCEPT BUTTERFLY

​​​​​​

​​​​​​

Comment

• The Rarities album is officially my top 3 albums ever. Tokyo Dome Live is out of this world.

Comment

• Yes mariah is on the trevor noah show tonight at 11, dont forget lambies!

Comment

• I don't login here that much but i read on a daily basis and i just wanna say...

Loverboy - Firecracker - Orginal Versiom, 2001 is a bop for me. The added elements in the intro got me and how it has more "ummmff" for me than the replacement (which i find lacking in beats and stuff).

The book will be out after a month and no CD release here in the Philippines, i'm making the most with Spotify and Audible/Amazon.

Cheers!

Comment

• Tokyo dome is the GREATEST concert in history !.

shits on all your faves careers.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                      Tokyo dome is the GREATEST concert in history !.

shits on all your faves careers.

my fav is mimi
                                      Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Can you hear me does nothing for me. It’s a boring music box ballad with emotions vocals.
                                        Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Can you hear me is so emotional and powerful!!!!!!
                                          AsaPUKE ing bola
                                          king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• The Rarities is essentially like a Greatest Hits when you consider Live at Tokyo Dome.

And some of the rarities are just soooo good, they may as well be on a greatest hits :p
                                            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Dear networks and distributors... I don't live on Mars!
                                              Not sure why it's not available in my country... but it may be available in yours.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Rarities out soooon for the rest of us!! Streams baby streamss

Comment

Working...
                                                X