• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
    12 #1s... India was at #1.

Its probably me lol

Comment

• Man, Mesmerized is a phenomenal song. I LOVE the lyrics and vocal delivery. Like Subtle Invitation on acid, and I mean that in the best way.

many many MANY of the songs on this album will be in my top 10
      all time fave MC songs forever

Comment

• It kills me when some lambs are like “wow her vocals are so good for an E=MC2 track, sounds like Daydream”

Bish, go back and listen, her vocals sound like they do on “Cool On You” on almost every E track, one person shaded them and the rest of y’all relativity deniers bandwagoned
        Last edited by allygdale; Fri October 2, 2020, 07:11.

Comment

• who is @#1 on ITunes US chart ???
          https://soundcloud.com/mofei-1/gtfo-...sion-demo-live
          How Abt you ( #GTFO) -my new demo

Comment

• Mesmerized and Cool on You >>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

• God Natural HairRiah has been slaying me, the sleek straight toffee on Trevnor Noah is to die for
              Last edited by allygdale; Fri October 2, 2020, 07:41.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
                Man, Mesmerized is a phenomenal song. I LOVE the lyrics and vocal delivery. Like Subtle Invitation on acid, and I mean that in the best way.

many many MANY of the songs on this album will be in my top 10
                all time fave MC songs forever
                It’s a song people can randomly start to sing in a group when they’re tipsy

Comment

• Why is Amazon saying it will take up to 2 months to receive the new album? Is it selling well to be backed up like this?
                  I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by taustin13 View Post
                    Why is Amazon saying it will take up to 2 months to receive the new album? Is it selling well to be backed up like this?
                    We have a blockbuster on our hands

Comment

• Originally posted by taustin13 View Post
                      Why is Amazon saying it will take up to 2 months to receive the new album? Is it selling well to be backed up like this?
                      i hope so
                      lol
                      https://soundcloud.com/mofei-1/gtfo-...sion-demo-live
                      How Abt you ( #GTFO) -my new demo

Comment

• Original Loverboy is massively growing on me

Comment

• Loverboy (Firecracker) is sooooooo much better
                          Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• “I wrote this song for a beautiful young singer.... love you Lina”

As a trans woman this commentary on I pray made me teary eyed. Bet Lina is over the moon.

Queen of LGBTQ!
                            Forget the image, forget the ensembles, forget the rumors, forget the short skirts, big hair.....

Comment

• Originally posted by automaticprincess View Post
                              “I wrote this song for a beautiful young singer.... love you Lina”

As a trans woman this commentary on I pray made me teary eyed. Bet Lina is over the moon.

Queen of LGBTQ!
                              YOU GUYS! ⁣

I’m SHAKING. ⁣

Today, my Queen, Mariah Carey released an album called, “The Rarities”. An anthology of unreleased music from her career. ⁣

Track 10 just happens to be her demo of the song she and @ikennethcrouch wrote for me to record, 15 years ago, when we were on the @oprah show, when I was 12 years old. It’s called, “I Pray”.⁣

That song and moment in my life will be a time I will NEVER FORGET. Mariah will never know how much that meant to me, being such a huge fan of hers. ⁣

I was elated and emotional when I found out Mariah was including “I Pray” on this album of her unreleased music. I’ve had her version of the song all these 15 years and never let ANYONE hear it, even all the lambs who have tried to get me to upload it. Lol⁣

Tonight, a follower of mine, BIG SHOUTOUT and thank you to @kellen.wins who sent me these photos of the lyric booklet that comes with the physical CD of “The Rarities”. The first picture I saw was the overview of the lyrics to “I Pray” and I was overwhelmed again with happiness and pride. THEN, I saw the zoomed in picture of the little caption that went along with “I Pray”. ⁣

I stopped breathing, in shock for a moment, and immediately started to cry. ⁣

To talk about this time in my life is always a little weird and bittersweet for me. As grateful as I am for the time I spent with Mariah, Kenneth, Maryann, Oprah and all the wonderful people from that time, it was from a time prior to my transition. I was just a 12 year old little boy who just wanted to sing but life after that was a rocky road of ups and let downs and pressure and judgement. ⁣

The fact that Mariah took the time to write that and to call me LINA. I caaaaaant. I’m crying as I write this out. My heart is so happy. Mariah played a monumental part in my life and I haven’t seen her in 15 years, to see her acknowledge ME, LINA, feels like I’m sharing another moment with her right now. I’m not sure how she learned about me now, maybe the lambs or someone, somehow, anyway, She didn’t have to, but she did. I am forever grateful, again. I love you Mariah. ♥️ @mariahcarey
                              Beautiful, genuine moment! https://www.instagram.com/p/CF1PIdsD...=17exzm93mpi4w
                              Last edited by MsWeiss; Fri October 2, 2020, 08:00.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                                Spoiler!
                                what a strange thing to say

Comment

• who is Blackpink?

ugh! Blocking Mariah from #1

Comment

• paul Robbins/Lina gave Mariah a shoutout

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post

omg! Thank you so much for sharing this. I’m crying! Bet it feels soo good that your new you, who you’re suppose to be, be acknowledged by your Idol. So happy for her.
                                      Forget the image, forget the ensembles, forget the rumors, forget the short skirts, big hair.....

Comment

• Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
                                        In Cool on You, The way she so effortlessly glides over the beat, only Mariah could sound so casually carefree and musically talented at the same time. E=MC2 was the first album where I became a lamb so that's probably why I gravitate to this one so much. I much prefer this to ITC which it reminds me of a lot.

I also love how this album is a journey through all the eras. You can hear how her voice, lyricism and overall artistry transformed over time. I found myself almost instinctively knowing how she was going to pronounce certain syllables or being able to tell how she was going to go for some of the ad-libs based on the era the song was from.

The experience of this album, there's this familiarity to it but then they're also brand new songs we haven't heard before. Mesmerized is not my cup of tea but I'd have like to have seen Lee Daniels use it.
                                        I don’t post much as well but always read the posts here. It’s lovely to hear your story.

I think this album is able to bring us back to vintage, peak MC vocal wise, yet able to give us what is essentially a retrospective and evolution of her vocals through her career.

What a way to celebrate MC30, and what a gift to us all .

Comment

• Dying for this album, it’s soooo good. Loverboy is great, I think I prefer. HWGAA and CYHM are light lights so far but I know that’ll change
                                          ...as I close my eyes, steady my feet on the ground.....

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

what a strange thing to say
                                            Why is it strange? We all have our journeys. That part of her journey was painful but it shielded her from worse things that could have happened at that stage of her life. And she came out of it better equipped to face whatever that comes up next. She kinda acknowledged that. I’m not saying Tommy is a saint that she needs to worship.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

paul Robbins/Lina gave Mariah a shoutout

love you SINS, but I think it’s about time we stop using Linas dead name <3

Comment

• Originally posted by automaticprincess View Post

love you SINS, but I think it’s about time we stop using Linas dead name <3
                                                Sorry my bad

that was really nice of Mariah to acknowledge her

Comment

• The TREVOR NOAH interview is so great. Such a sensitive and thoughtful conversation!

Comment

• First day ratings always change, but here goes...

HWGAA - 4 - very Jackson 5ish which is great, but it feels a bit sparse to me and I don't like it as much as I expected. Bar a few songs I'm not a big fan of debut Mariah though, don't think they have aged well

Can You Hear Me - 3 - I think this is a bit different for Mariah. Nice enough, but not sure it really goes anywhere so can why didn't make the Emotions album

(At this point I was worrying I the album would be a disappointment)

Do You Think of Me - 10 - one the best songs Mariah has ever recorded. It's criminal it wasn't properly released.

EFA - 10 - just epic

All I Live For - 10 - OH MY DAYS I LOVE IT!!! It almost sounds like she has a cold, but I am all here for it!!! The vocals in the chorus with that bass, and then backing vocals in the chorus!!! Wish the ending was longer though, sounds unfinished :(

One Night - 10 - the intro, the layered vocals in the verses, the chorus, the godly lyrics warning against the sin of a one night stand haha! Half of Daydream is redundant so another music crime this was cut!

Slipping Away - doesn't need a rating. Forever in my top 5 Mariah songs of all time.

OHOMO - 7 - amazing vocal but not quite my thing, definitely an album track for me

Loverboy - 8 - A BANGER. Less camp/sickly sweet, but a bit messy. At the same time, the chorus is amazing and vocals far better than the original!!

I Pray - 5 - the production and organic feel is very TEOM which is great, but the lyrics are just a too cringe for me. It's Bye Bye levels of cheese haha

Cool on You - HOLD THE F****** BUS!! Why didn't this make an album?!?! RELEASE THIS AS A SINGLE NOW. IMMEDIATELY. I need live performances and J Cole feature by the end of the weekend! (How does she flip from talking to falsetto whisper at the end so easy?!)

Mesmerized - 10 - What. A. Tune! Mariah needs a whole album in this vibe!

LOBL - 7 - interesting and raw vocal, but probably only listen to this when listening to the whole album.

STD - 0 - listened to this about 6 times and never want to hear it again. Deleted.

CME - not sure this was needed, will stick to that original

Honestly I'm buzzing! Some of these songs from the vault are incredible! What a great album. I like that there are a few different styles on here as well so something for everyone. A few duds from my perspective, but there's 7 or 8 phenomenal tracks on this album

Not to be too negative, but as much as I'm buzzing, I'm also so goddamn pissed that STD got put on this album let alone released as a single. The whole "it was for charity/the social moment" argument doesn't hold water either. Absolutely one of the worst songs Mariah has ever done and it got released in place of any other song this album?! But moving on....

Great album. Not finished reading the book but it seems to give even more meaning to this album, especially all the mid 90s rnb tracks that Sony stopped her from releasing.

An album of rejects being better than some people's entire music discography? Mariah Carey, you're a legend.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X