No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh lol my bad. I think musician sounds more serious tbh. Singer-songwriter isnt bad either.

Comment

• https://themuse.jezebel.com/mariah-c...ing-1845289199

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post
        this is ******* amazing !!!!!!!!!!!
        https://soundcloud.com/mofei-1/gtfo-...sion-demo-live
        How Abt you ( #GTFO) -my new demo

Comment

• Not many are able to say they’re a no.1 selling singer/songwriter and author. She went particularly hard promoting this book while the book itself is highly readable so the success is well deserved.

Comment

• I'm so Happy for Mariah and Michaela Angela Davis!

#1 NY TIMES BEST SELLING BOOK !
            Last edited by SmartIsNewSexy; Thu October 8, 2020, 08:07.

Comment

• What a moment for Mariah...New York Times #1 Best Seller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't be more proud. well deserved!
              I hope this drives her to promote it furthure more.

now.. why are they rushing with #MC30?? I want her to promote a lil' more The Rarities
              #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• I’m so happy for Mariah having a NY times no.1 best seller..

I’m curious though. Is it a big achievement to get that or is it like having an iTunes number 1 where it doesn’t really mean anything? Not being negative just curious coz I’ve never really paid attention to NY times best sellers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Switchedon View Post
                  I’m so happy for Mariah having a NY times no.1 best seller..

I’m curious though. Is it a big achievement to get that or is it like having an iTunes number 1 where it doesn’t really mean anything? Not being negative just curious coz I’ve never really paid attention to NY times best sellers.
                  No, in many ways the NYTimes Best Seller is the highest honour in the book world. It's the equivalent of having #1 on Billboard.
                  See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Switchedon View Post
                    I’m curious though. Is it a big achievement to get that or is it like having an iTunes number 1 where it doesn’t really mean anything?
                    it's a BIGachievement!!!! Huge deal

"traditionally regarded as the gold standard in the publishing world. the New York Times Bestseller list, published weekly since 1931, is the oldest and most prestigious list"

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

No, in many ways the NYTimes Best Seller is the highest honour in the book world. It's the equivalent of having #1 on Billboard.

This!
                      the book is like her 20th #1 !

the Pulitzer prize would be the Oscar of the Book world.
                      Last edited by SmartIsNewSexy; Thu October 8, 2020, 10:14.

Comment

• amazon germany has just informed me that my hard copy book of The Meaning... will be further delayed. The original delivery date was October 7th. Now... nobody knows. As her biggest fan of all times... this feels like getting a cancer diagnosis. It truly does. Life is over for me. Corona will get me sooner or later and all I've ever wanted in my life, was to read that book, but my country said: No!
                        My Chart

Comment

• It is being reported by publishers that Amazon is having stocking issues. Some reported that their deliveries have even been turned away.

Comment

It is being reported by publishers that Amazon is having stocking issues. Some reported that their deliveries have even been turned away.
                            The book must be in such High Demand!

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                              Oh lol my bad. I think musician sounds more serious tbh. Singer-songwriter isnt bad either.
                              Musician fits her perfectly because it captures her involvement in making her music. She didn't just sing her songs and write them but she produced and laid down the background vocals too. Heck, she can even play musical instrument if we consider her voice as such. There was a segment in Oprah before where she displayed another talent by producing melody using her hands so yeah she is music personified.
                              A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Anyone else enjoying profusely "the end of that was.. iffy"

That unmistakeably Mariah tone
                                I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

The book must be in such High Demand!
                                  I was talking generally. There seems to be issues with Amazon warehouses which is somewhat understandable given the pandemic. The situation seems to be especially bad in the USA.

But hopefully there is high demand for MC too!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post
                                    What a moment for Mariah...New York Times #1 Best Seller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't be more proud. well deserved!
                                    I hope this drives her to promote it furthure more.

now.. why are they rushing with #MC30?? I want her to promote a lil' more The Rarities
                                    She's promoting her ""( off....it's the label that is doing nothing at all.

Comment

• Great news about the #1 Best Seller.

Do we know how well books that get to that position help bolster long term sales and particularly does other US states look to the NY Times as the Book standard?

I guess at least now they can do some promo that has the "best Sellers" tag on it, even if it's just for NYork

Comment

• I guess it helps to sell the book because people will pay attention to it. Many people only read bestsellers, so it's good for the long running of the book.
                                        She should do more promo and take advantage of the AIWFC moment to sell it.
                                        The 400.000 books units sold is true?

Comment

• Just got my book in Dussmann in berlin !!!
                                          https://soundcloud.com/mofei-1/gtfo-...sion-demo-live
                                          How Abt you ( #GTFO) -my new demo

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                            Great news about the #1 Best Seller.

Do we know how well books that get to that position help bolster long term sales and particularly does other US states look to the NY Times as the Book standard?

I guess at least now they can do some promo that has the "best Sellers" tag on it, even if it's just for NYork
                                            Becoming a NY TIMES BEST SELLER is no easy feat. And its a Grand title that comes with prestige and recognition worldwide, not just America.

I dont live in USA, and even I have heard of this list and how its a big deal.

books that are on the NY times best sellers list, usually continue to sell more copies, just because its a credible list that many avid readers turn to when choosing their next book.
                                            And many casual readers will be curious and purchase the book, just to be a part of the conversation and give their book reviews.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that some people are having difficulty getting copies of the book. That really sucks.
                                              Hang in there!

It's Mariah - she's worth waiting for, and it'll be all that sweeter when you get it!
                                              MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Stevyy try the digital version

Comment

• Heartbreaker
                                                  1. Heartbreaker (feat. Da Brat & Missy Elliott)
                                                  2. Heartbreaker (No Rap Version)
                                                  3. Love Hangover / Heartbreaker (Live)
                                                  4. Heartbreaker / “If You Should Ever Be Lonely” (Junior’s Heartbreaker Club Mix)
                                                  5. Heartbreaker / “If You Should Ever Be Lonely” (Junior’s Heartbreaker Club Dub)
                                                  6. Heartbreaker / “If You Should Ever Be Lonely” (Junior’s Heartbreaker Hard Mix)

Thank God I Found You
                                                  1. Thank God I Found You (feat. Joe & Nas) [Make It Last Remix]
                                                  2. Thank God I Found You (feat. Joe & Nas) [Make It Last Remix Edit]
                                                  3. Thank God I Found You (feat. Joe) [Make It Last Remix w/o Rap]
                                                  4. Thank God I Found You (Make It Last Remix Instrumental)
                                                  5. Thank God I Found You (feat. Joe & 98 Degrees) [Celebratory Mix]
                                                  6. Thank God I Found You (feat. Joe & 98 Degrees) [StarGate Radio Edit]
                                                  Can’t Take That Away (Mariah’s Theme)
                                                  1. Can’t Take That Away (Mariah’s Theme) [Radio Edit]
                                                  2. Can’t Take That Away (Mariah’s Theme) [Morales Club Mix Edit]
                                                  3. Can’t Take That Away (Mariah’s Theme) [Morales Club Mix]
                                                  4. Can’t Take That Away (Mariah’s Theme) [Morales Revival Triumphant Mix]
                                                  5. Can’t Take That Away (Mariah’s Theme) [Morales Instrumental]

Against All Odds
                                                  1. Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now) [feat. Westlife]
                                                  2. Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now) [Mariah Only]
                                                  3. Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now) [Pound Boys Radio Edit]
                                                  4. Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now) [Pound Boys Main Mix]
                                                  5. Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now) [Pound Boys Deep Dub]
                                                  6. Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now) [Pound Boys Dub]

Via https://wemissmusic.com/2020/10/08/y...c30-surprises/

Comment

Heartbreaker
                                                    1. Heartbreaker (feat. Da Brat & Missy Elliott)
                                                    2. Heartbreaker (No Rap Version)
                                                    3. Love Hangover / Heartbreaker (Live)
                                                    4. Heartbreaker / “If You Should Ever Be Lonely” (Junior’s Heartbreaker Club Mix)
                                                    5. Heartbreaker / “If You Should Ever Be Lonely” (Junior’s Heartbreaker Club Dub)
                                                    6. Heartbreaker / “If You Should Ever Be Lonely” (Junior’s Heartbreaker Hard Mix)

Thank God I Found You
                                                    1. Thank God I Found You (feat. Joe & Nas) [Make It Last Remix]
                                                    2. Thank God I Found You (feat. Joe & Nas) [Make It Last Remix Edit]
                                                    3. Thank God I Found You (feat. Joe) [Make It Last Remix w/o Rap]
                                                    4. Thank God I Found You (Make It Last Remix Instrumental)
                                                    5. Thank God I Found You (feat. Joe & 98 Degrees) [Celebratory Mix]
                                                    6. Thank God I Found You (feat. Joe & 98 Degrees) [StarGate Radio Edit]
                                                    Can’t Take That Away (Mariah’s Theme)
                                                    1. Can’t Take That Away (Mariah’s Theme) [Radio Edit]
                                                    2. Can’t Take That Away (Mariah’s Theme) [Morales Club Mix Edit]
                                                    3. Can’t Take That Away (Mariah’s Theme) [Morales Club Mix]
                                                    4. Can’t Take That Away (Mariah’s Theme) [Morales Revival Triumphant Mix]
                                                    5. Can’t Take That Away (Mariah’s Theme) [Morales Instrumental]

Against All Odds
                                                    1. Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now) [feat. Westlife]
                                                    2. Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now) [Mariah Only]
                                                    3. Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now) [Pound Boys Radio Edit]
                                                    4. Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now) [Pound Boys Main Mix]
                                                    5. Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now) [Pound Boys Deep Dub]
                                                    6. Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now) [Pound Boys Dub]

Via https://wemissmusic.com/2020/10/08/y...c30-surprises/
                                                    YES LOVE HANGOVER / HEARTBREAKER!!!!!!! I had this on a CD single and have always loved this mashup. Plus she looked so great on that Divas Live 2000. Will be a very welcome addition to streaming!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X