Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mesmerized is the new #1 song on my personal chart. I love it. But it is one of the least popular tracks on the album according to streaming.
    My Chart

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
      Mariah is SLEIGHING right now !


      Started 2020 with her historic 19th #1
      #1 NY times best selling book
      Ending 2020 with Xmas domination

      Your faves could NEVER
      Not being shady but does the new york times publish an overall best selling list and if so where did it land on that ? I don't follow book sales.
      The way it was categorized into "hardback non fiction" sent me But its great for her regardless.

      Also I was in a bookstore today and almost every book I looked at had a NEW york times best seller sticker on the cover !

      Comment


      • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

        Not being shady but does the new york times publish an overall best selling list and if so where did it land on that ? I don't follow book sales.
        The way it was categorized into "hardback non fiction" sent me But its great for her regardless.

        Also I was in a bookstore today and almost every book I looked at had a NEW york times best seller sticker on the cover !
        are you really unfamiliar with book charts? It's generally done that way... that books are charting by their respective formats.
        My Chart

        Comment


        • Originally posted by sYair View Post

          With bundles and stuff is easy to get a song to #1. All you need is physical bundles, sales and lots of streaming (that Ariana can get). However it would also take that there's no big competition.
          Bundles are not allowed anymore. Suppossedly. Although it looks like they still counted them for Travis Scott this week so who knows. They stated that the physical stuff would only count the week it shipped. And that think of giving a free digital copy with a physical was being removed also.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

            are you really unfamiliar with book charts? It's generally done that way... that books are charting by their respective formats.
            I just dont follow them at all, ive never looked at a book chart in my life. It kinda reminded me when the liddos were talking about Gaga being number one on the lipliner chart or something but only 9th on the overall make up chart with Haus labs

            Comment


            • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

              are you really unfamiliar with book charts? It's generally done that way... that books are charting by their respective formats.
              and it's the 6th best selling and #1 in global (adding the digital and audiobook)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                I just dont follow them at all, ive never looked at a book chart in my life. It kinda reminded me when the liddos were talking about Gaga being number one on the lipliner chart or something but only 9th on the overall make up chart with Haus labs
                one things for sure, if it makes you sleep better, the Bible certainly outsold TMOMC this week.
                My Chart

                Comment


                • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                  one things for sure, if it makes you sleep better, the Bible certainly outsold TMOMC this week.
                  I sleep fine ! To be honest I was kinda more interested in The Rarities album than the book.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                    Bundles are not allowed anymore. Suppossedly. Although it looks like they still counted them for Travis Scott this week so who knows. They stated that the physical stuff would only count the week it shipped. And that think of giving a free digital copy with a physical was being removed also.
                    Travis Scott only sold a limited amount of CD and cassette tape singles (some for only a $1) and had them shipped out immediately (2-3 days after purchase) which is the requirement by Billboard in order to count for that week’s sales.

                    A hypothetical Mariah / Ariana / J-HUD single could do the same thing to attempt a #1 debut. No bundles necessary.

                    Additionally, artists are allowed to sell lower priced digital downloads on their websites as add-ons to merch sales i.e. “Get this t-shirt for $30 and the option to add a digital mp3 download of the new single for 69 cents extra.”

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post

                      Travis Scott only sold a limited amount of CD and cassette tape singles (some for only a $1) and had them shipped out immediately (2-3 days after purchase) which is the requirement by Billboard in order to count for that week’s sales.

                      A hypothetical Mariah / Ariana / J-HUD single could do the same thing to attempt a #1 debut. No bundles necessary.

                      Additionally, artists are allowed to sell lower priced digital downloads on their websites as add-ons to merch sales i.e. “Get this t-shirt for $30 and the option to add a digital mp3 download of the new single for 69 cents extra.”
                      yeah as long as they ship the same week its ok, i didnt know he shipped them straight away

                      and yes add ons are cool too, but that's not a bundle. It's basically just purchasing two items.

                      Anyway I doubt very much if there is a single.
                      Last edited by InFamous; Fri October 9, 2020, 23:17.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                        OMG!

                        what is this christmas special?

                        ariana? JHud?

                        Uh what make us think this is Ariana Grande and Jennifer Hudson? The Initials can be anyone

                        Comment


                        • Sounds too good to be true. Remeber the A No No Remix fiasco. Don't get your hopes up.

                          Though it would be a true powerhouse vocal. It must be released as a single otherwise it would be such a waste.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                            Sounds too good to be true. Remeber the A No No Remix fiasco. Don't get your hopes up.

                            Though it would be a true powerhouse vocal. It must be released as a single otherwise it would be such a waste.
                            A No No was just the lambs being overly hopeful. This tease is absolutely deliberate. And Mariah and her team know what people will infer with these initials, especially the AG.

                            Also, I saw on IG that Alfredo Flores, who works regularly with Ariana, liked and retweeted Mariah's tweet and then deleted it.


                            Comment


                            • Here’s what I visualize:

                              Mariah, Ariana and JHud turn AIWFCIY into a 60’s girls group remix, each of them taking a prominent part of the song, and their voices blending perfectly together.

                              the same machine that pushed AIWFCIY to #1 last year gives the same push to the JHud/Ariana remix, it’s hits #1 again this December.

                              all fantasies, but would be cool for them to get on a song together! Maybe they can do Miss You Most (At Christmas Time) with all their vocals, and create a new Xmas classic? So many possibilities!

                              Comment


                              • ^ but then again, watch it be Al Gore & Julianne Hough

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by skylynx View Post

                                  Uh what make us think this is Ariana Grande and Jennifer Hudson? The Initials can be anyone
                                  Their initials? Are you kidding?

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
                                    Here’s what I visualize:

                                    Mariah, Ariana and JHud turn AIWFCIY into a 60’s girls group remix, each of them taking a prominent part of the song, and their voices blending perfectly together.

                                    the same machine that pushed AIWFCIY to #1 last year gives the same push to the JHud/Ariana remix, it’s hits #1 again this December.

                                    all fantasies, but would be cool for them to get on a song together! Maybe they can do Miss You Most (At Christmas Time) with all their vocals, and create a new Xmas classic? So many possibilities!
                                    Imagine Mariah going #1 with a new song with AG/JH (whoever they are ) and a few weeks later going #1 with AIWFC.

                                    A lamb can dream.
                                    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

                                    Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

                                    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                      Not being shady but does the new york times publish an overall best selling list and if so where did it land on that ? I don't follow book sales.
                                      The way it was categorized into "hardback non fiction" sent me But its great for her regardless.

                                      Also I was in a bookstore today and almost every book I looked at had a NEW york times best seller sticker on the cover !
                                      https://www.nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/

                                      its on their OFFICIAL website

                                      Comment


                                      • What would be a better outcome...

                                        Mariah scoring her 20th #1 with a Ariana/Jhud collabo
                                        or
                                        AIWFCIY re-peaking at #1

                                        ???

                                        Comment


                                        • I know it’s way too soon to think about this but I feel Mariah is in a space to create an amazing next album. She’s now able to be even more honest and open lyrically and creatively continue to explore more sounds since the book and the two albums have been welcomed so warmly by the fans. Caution in my opinion was amazing I think she could continue to create great music. I want her to go independent and just really focus on the music and explore new collaborations like with Caution.

                                          Comment


                                          • I really do hope the respective parties dont fumble the bag on this either by teasing something unnecessarily or not putting in the framework to make it successful.

                                            Mariah and her team have a history of teasing things that end up being complete duds.

                                            The Apple TV special (which we know this is for) didnt need to be teased like this.
                                            See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

                                              https://www.nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/

                                              its on their OFFICIAL website
                                              Number one in TWO categories

                                              When will your faves ?!

                                              Comment


                                              • Wasn't there a rumor that the Muppets (elmo, kermit, miss piggy) were going to be on the Apple TV Xmas special too?

                                                i wish it was a NETFLIX special since it will get better ratings and views

                                                Comment


                                                • I hope its Ariana for sure and its a performance and not a cute skit or something

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Maybe they are filming a music video?

                                                    the Apple TV Xmas special is pre-recorded and there is no Live audience because of Covid19.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X