• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

She received the book 2 weeks late....

after thought indeedy
    Why did she get it so late?

Comment

• I don't think she has sent the book to Ariana, she doesn't know her, as in literally they have not even met correct me if I'm wrong)

And to all those saying they can't have a song together - not all songs and/or performances are competitions!! Gaga had a song with her recently, no issues there..
      I can't even know what to say...

Comment

She received the book 2 weeks late....

after thought indeedy
        Maybe it is part of their plan to send another batch of books to celebs to keep the momentum going in soc med.
        A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Lol she did send the book to Ariana who literally posted a story about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone View Post
            Could someone please remind me... what's the Christmas special Mariah is recording?
            It’s for Apple TV

See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by mariahmatherspacker View Post
              Lol she did send the book to Ariana who literally posted a story about it.
              Yeah I saw a pic somwhere, but was it true, or just fan made?

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

It’s for Apple TV

Mariah, ariana and jhud are going to sing SAVE THE DAY

Comment

• Originally posted by Bulwieboo View Post

Yeah I saw a pic somwhere, but was it true, or just fan made?
                  On second thought it does look doctored...

Comment

• Just halfway through the book.
                    Stumbled on a quote Mariah says Marilyn allegedly once said (They go to bed with Marilyn Monroe and wake up with Norma Jeane) but, actually, it was Rita Hayworth who said it back in the late 40s: They go to bed with "Gilda" and they wake up with me.

I'm an Old Hollywood movie buff, read plenty of books on Marilyn and Rita (she's my fave actress ever.)

Anyways, I'm hooked!
                    Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                      Just halfway through the book.
                      Stumbled on a quote Mariah says Marilyn allegedly once said (They go to bed with Marilyn Monroe and wake up with Norma Jeane) but, actually, it was Rita Hayworth who said it back in the late 40s: They go to bed with "Gilda" and they wake up with me.

I'm an Old Hollywood movie buff, read plenty of books on Marilyn and Rita (she's my fave actress ever.)

Anyways, I'm hooked!
                      Did a quick Google... looks like Marilyn did infact say it too - lots of references to it on the internet

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

Did a quick Google... looks like Marilyn did infact say it too - lots of references to it on the internet
                        I did too, plus the books I got on her.
                        I didn't recall that specific quote. Always associated it with Rita. But they had pretty similar dysfunctional relationships too due to their status and typecast.
                        Last edited by SawyerHewitt; Sun October 11, 2020, 15:06.
                        Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                          Just halfway through the book.

Anyways, I'm hooked!
                          I love the book. I'm on page 137. I can only do like 40 pages a day because I want to spread it out like a tv series. Yesterday, I was looking at the pictures at the beginning of part II... and I loved them so much. I was mesmerized and really soaked them in for like half an hour.

I particularly loved the picture of her with Shawn and Michael - her nephews. I always wonder what Alison's children are doing, but we only really know of Shawn (who is in her entourage every now and then), but what is up with Michael? In an earlier section of the book, she references him very briefly saying... something like: He's still making her laugh or something in that vein.

I don't think Mariah ever met the other 2 kids of Alison. I'm just glad she's still in contact with Shawn and Michael. I always wonder if she's still in contact with her cousins. I sometimes forget that Mariah has a family beyond her mother and 2 siblings because she hardly ever mentions them. I hope she is on good terms with all of them. The part of her aunts trying to comb her hair... was hilarious (but also tragic - I feel her pain).

The scene of her cousins saying that Mariah belongs to them... when other kids said she is too white... was heartbreaking.
                          My Chart

Comment

• Now when i think of mariah putting on a “diva dahhling” act on stage or in interviews, i think she’s really mocking (maybe subconsciously) Pat. And I wonder how much money she’s given to Pat all these years?

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I love the book. I'm on page 137. I can only do like 40 pages a day because I want to spread it out like a tv series. Yesterday, I was looking at the pictures at the beginning of part II... and I loved them so much. I was mesmerized and really soaked them in for like half an hour.

I particularly loved the picture of her with Shawn and Michael - her nephews. I always wonder what Alison's children are doing, but we only really know of Shawn (who is in her entourage every now and then), but what is up with Michael? In an earlier section of the book, she references him very briefly saying... something like: He's still making her laugh or something in that vein.

I don't think Mariah ever met the other 2 kids of Alison. I'm just glad she's still in contact with Shawn and Michael. I always wonder if she's still in contact with her cousins. I sometimes forget that Mariah has a family beyond her mother and 2 siblings because she hardly ever mentions them. I hope she is on good terms with all of them. The part of her aunts trying to comb her hair... was hilarious (but also tragic - I feel her pain).

The scene of her cousins saying that Mariah belongs to them... when other kids said she is too white... was heartbreaking.
                              Shawn shared a pic of her sister few weeks ago and she was holding a gift from MC for her as a kid... and these kids went to Shawn wedding.. so....

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I don't think Mariah ever met the other 2 kids of Alison.
                                Mike seems to be private. He is a father now - he took the baby a couple years back to Mariah’s Beacon show.

She has met Carmela and Dominic at least once in Aspen about 15-16 years ago, but I am not sure if she’s interacted with them beyond that.

I’m still curious as to what family Shawn had from that side of the family at his wedding other than Mariah. I’m sure Alison wasn’t there, but I wonder about his siblings and Pat.
                                Last edited by jr588; Sun October 11, 2020, 15:18.

Comment

• Someday, Prisoner and HWGAA : The 10/10 Upbeat Trinity of the Debut album. All three were worthy of #1 status.

Comment

• Tokyo dome has been officially deleted in YouTube

did anyone download it?
                                    i was unable to

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                                      So has anyone figured out the Easter egg in the Lyric Video of OHOMO?
                                      Did I miss the reveal?
                                      Was it just the “Chick” writing on one of the pages?
                                      It was the "Chick" writing on the wall which refered to the Chick album she did.
                                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• WOW!!!!!!!!!

So many songs of The Rarities charting on the UKMIX charts!

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10480583

Comment

• Can you hear me ? has grown on me so much.

The vulnerability in her voice coupled with the power is so alluring.

Comment

Tokyo dome has been officially deleted in YouTube

did anyone download it?
                                            i was unable to
                                            It wouldn't let me download it. IT must have been coded in a way so it was impossible to download. I download loads of stuff from youtube but literally nothing worked on that upload. She had a good programmer !!

Comment

• Couldn't put the book down.

Comment

Tokyo dome has been officially deleted in YouTube

did anyone download it?
                                                i was unable to
                                                I did - had to try a lot of different websites but finally found one that could download it. Haven't watched it though ... haven't even listened to all the songs on The Rarities or read the book or Audible...too busy listening to HWGAA, One Night, Cool On You, Mesmerized and Loverboy on endless repeat!

Comment

• If anyone ever finds a Blu-ray rip of tokyo dome id appreciate a little link in the dms

Comment

• Jennifer Hudson - has the Aretha biopic RESPECT coming in January
                                                    Ariana Grande - has a potential new album releasing soon. There's bound to be a single at least this year

Perhaps this is more than just Mariah wanting them on, it could be a AppleTV or Production company push to cross-promote.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X