Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
    WOW!!!!!!!!!

So many songs of The Rarities charting on the UKMIX charts!

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10480583
    This reminds me I need to make my charts!!
    See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Just finished the book, kind of which some events hadn’t been ruined by a few spoilers I’d stumbled across.

I really enjoyed her talking about her black side of the family it really humanised and made me understand her I related to a lot she was talking about.

And she’s right it’s written in a way that it must be made in to a film or series. I would kind of prefer a more gritty ‘Everybody hates Chris’ like tv series.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
        Couldn't put the book down.
        you are so cute and sweet. I love you. The fact that you made your husband film it, is unbelievably cute. I love your house too. <3
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
          Jennifer Hudson - has the Aretha biopic RESPECT coming in January
          Ariana Grande - has a potential new album releasing soon. There's bound to be a single at least this year

Perhaps this is more than just Mariah wanting them on, it could be a AppleTV or Production company push to cross-promote.
          It seems like too much to hope for. I'm managing my expectations and only imagining it's a small performance for the special and not a single, nor will it ever see any promotion or radio treatment. However once the ladies work together once then that opens up the possibilities for future work if they're willing.

Comment

• Just listened to the Chick album again - it really is so good and I can’t believe she managed to keep it a secret for 25 years.

What’s everyone’s favorites? Right now mine are Hermit and Malibu.

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
              Just listened to the Chick album again - it really is so good and I can’t believe she managed to keep it a secret for 25 years.

I like Demented

Comment

Just listened to the Chick album again - it really is so good and I can’t believe she managed to keep it a secret for 25 years.

Hermit, Malibu...Prom Queen!

I love it all tbh
                See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans

Comment

Its ok but a bit samey. I can't really hear her apart from a few adlibs on most tracks. There is one song that I really like and where I really do hear her very distinctively in parts.
                  Mariah is definitely doing the bridge on it. From 2 mins on that is her.
                  Violent - gives me Red Hot Chilli Peppers Californication album vibes.
                  Would definitely be interested in hearing a Mariah lead version of the album.
                  I like Agony also. And Joe is great too. I can hear Mariah there a lot too.

Last edited by InFamous; Mon October 12, 2020, 00:47.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Its ok but a bit samey. I can't really hear her apart from a few adlibs on most tracks. There is one song that I really like and where I really do hear her very distinctively in parts.
                    Mariah is definitely doing the bridge on it. From 2 mins on that is her.
                    Violent - gives me Red Hot Chilli Peppers Californication album vibes.
                    Would definitely be interested in hearing a Mariah lead version of the album.
                    I like Agony also. And Joe is great too. I can hear Mariah there a lot too.

Samey is the general formula used in all 90s grunge albums lol But of rock course critics then loved them and accused mariah of being samey.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                      Now when i think of mariah putting on a “diva dahhling” act on stage or in interviews, i think she’s really mocking (maybe subconsciously) Pat. And I wonder how much money she’s given to Pat all these years?
                      That same thought crossed my mind too while reading the book!
                      I have just finished it and what a journey it was... Some parts are truly heartbreaking and i feel it gave us a peek into her soul and mind and now we have a much better understanding of all she went through.
                      I was really surprised about the relationship with her mother being so complicated.

​​​

Comment

Absolutely looove Demented and Hermit. Also Agony, Love is a Scam, Violent and Joe are songs I listen to a lot. But the whole album is great really, I don't skip any song. ​​​​​

Comment

• I'm more and more addicted to One Night.

https://youtu.be/mLzx1IWO4iw
                          Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                          Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                          Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
                            I'm more and more addicted to One Night.

https://youtu.be/mLzx1IWO4iw

Comment

• See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans

Comment

• Knowing what we know about the Butterfly album and My All, I was just reflecting on how satisfying the commercial performance of both would have been for Mariah given everything she went through at the time.

My All was released like 7 months after the album, didn't have the biggest airplay support and was "only" #1 for 1 week - but it still managed to be one of Mariah's biggest selling singles in the 90s just behind OSD and Fantasy in Soundscan sales.

I think Mariah would have felt quite vindicated knowing how popular the song was, and the fact that Butterfly still sold very decently.
                                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                  How prolific Mariah was on her early years. I'd love to listen to these

Comment

• It’ll be another 25 years before we’ll be able to listen.
                                    Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• I’m going through the part about meeting Nick Cannon. She describes him in such a way that he seems playful yet thoughtful but i think the thoughtful side that she still doesn’t see is him thinking about what prank to pull or him thinking “I can’t believe I’m getting away with this”.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                        It’ll be another 25 years before we’ll be able to listen.
                                        you're right lol What has happened this year with her legacy is an unique moment

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                          It’ll be another 25 years before we’ll be able to listen.
                                          That’s when we’ll also discover she recorded a secret bluegrass album

Comment

• "The Rarities" debuts at #31 in Billboard 200.
                                            A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
                                                "The Rarities" debuts at #31 in Billboard 200.
                                                Streaming has buggered her, where is she in the sales only chart?

Comment

• According to a Grammy voter, Mariah did not submit anything to the R&B categories this year (i.e. “Save the Day”).

The voter said they only see her listed on the ballot for Pop Solo Performance and Song of the Year for “In the Mix.”

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                                    I cannot at the camera angle.
                                                    you dont have a bad side mariah!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X