This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post
    According to a Grammy voter, Mariah did not submit anything to the R&B categories this year (i.e. “Save the Day”).

The voter said they only see her listed on the ballot for Pop Solo Performance and Song of the Year for “In the Mix.”
    as if anyone would even listen to ITM.

My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

as if anyone would even listen to ITM.
      The audacity of it even being listed under SOTY lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post
        According to a Grammy voter, Mariah did not submit anything to the R&B categories this year (i.e. “Save the Day”).

The voter said they only see her listed on the ballot for Pop Solo Performance and Song of the Year for “In the Mix.”
        I think Song written for visual media as well, but not 100% sure.
        See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by dancamz View Post

The audacity of it even being listed under SOTY lmao
          GML should have been admitted, nominated and won SOTY and ROTY. <3

Justice for Giving Me Life.
          My Chart

Comment

• In my opinion putting the dogshit non-song that is Save The Day out as lead single killed this project - of all the gems on the album they could have picked they go with a JD-produced reject from 10 years ago? Of all the gorgeous prime vocal moments they pick the one where she sounds worse than Miley Cyrus? I just don’t understand how they keep doing this every single damn album it’s so frustrating, how hard is it to pick a good lead single! If they didn’t want to promote with a 90s dated sound then they could have just gone straight with OHOMO or even Mesmerized/Cool On You or even Lullaby of Birdland...but Save The Day! Wtf were they thinking!!

On a side note All I Live For is better then half of Music Box, I don’t understand how it didn’t make the cut..

Comment

• Mariah sounds good in Save the day. IDK what are you saying.

It's time to accept her current voice and this project is not about singles

Comment

• You promote an album with singles. And this album is not about the current state of her voice, it’s about unreleased tracks from her prime so using Save The Day to highlight that made zero sense.

And no one said anything about the current state of her voice, she sounds amazing on all of Caution. But on STD she does not, and it’s just not a good song.

Comment

• Originally posted by mariahmatherspacker View Post
                  In my opinion putting the dogshit non-song that is Save The Day out as lead single killed this project - of all the gems on the album they could have picked they go with a JD-produced reject from 10 years ago? Of all the gorgeous prime vocal moments they pick the one where she sounds worse than Miley Cyrus? I just don’t understand how they keep doing this every single damn album it’s so frustrating, how hard is it to pick a good lead single! If they didn’t want to promote with a 90s dated sound then they could have just gone straight with OHOMO or even Mesmerized/Cool On You or even Lullaby of Birdland...but Save The Day! Wtf were they thinking!!

On a side note All I Live For is better then half of Music Box, I don’t understand how it didn’t make the cut..
                  we all know LA Reid forced Bye Bye on us... but he also helped make TEOM a hit, bc Mariah wanted Say Somethin' as the lead single.

and for E=MC˛ she wanted I'm that chick as the lead single... can anyone imagine that?

Nobody around her and herself included... know what a good single sounds like these days.

With You (it's not a bad song, but the worst single choice) killed ALL the remaining interest of the GP in the Caution project...

I seriously gave up long ago with her and her team. The Carey camp truly hate success at this point and sabotage every project with the most hideous singles choices and what not.

My Chart

Comment

• ... and don't get me started with her music videos.

Let's assume she gets a budget of $10,000 - 20,000 for a music video... and then they hire a big name director... spend all the money on that person and we end up with a 0 storyline video in which mariah sits somewhere half naked - touching herself. If it weren't so sad, I'd be funny...

Because on the other hand you have ... Madonna (who also can't get a hit for her life these days), but makes creative videos. And please don't claim that Mariah's videos have always been bad... no they have not. It all started post TMB that all of her subsequent videos became duller and duller... (exception: Obsessed).
                    My Chart

Comment

• Mariah saying to Alan Carr that she wants a reunion
                      Their interview in 2009-2010 (I don't remember exactly the date) was hilarious. I hope it gest materialized

Comment

• Mariah on BBC Radio 2 now:
                        https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_two

Comment

• I'm still reading the book, yes, very slow but there's a part of me that wants to savour and elongate this.

Currently up to the Derek Jeter section.

Do you think she pre-discused or shared with him the excerpt before it's published to get his blessing. She's sharing whole damn experiences and perspectives on him.

I'm sure he has a copy of the book though we haven't heard anything from him (obviously cause he has his own family now and it's decades ago).

Comment

• We still don't know who Directed that HORRIBLE STD tennis video .

The video was sooooo bad, no one wants to claim responsibility for it

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                              We still don't know who Directed that HORRIBLE STD tennis video .

Mariah??? LOL who else

Comment

• Originally posted by mariahmatherspacker View Post
                                In my opinion putting the dogshit non-song that is Save The Day out as lead single killed this project - of all the gems on the album they could have picked they go with a JD-produced reject from 10 years ago? Of all the gorgeous prime vocal moments they pick the one where she sounds worse than Miley Cyrus? I just don’t understand how they keep doing this every single damn album it’s so frustrating, how hard is it to pick a good lead single! If they didn’t want to promote with a 90s dated sound then they could have just gone straight with OHOMO or even Mesmerized/Cool On You or even Lullaby of Birdland...but Save The Day! Wtf were they thinking!!

The meltdown

Nothing from this album was ever going to chart on the hot 100. This album was released for the fans as a complement to the book.

Comment

• #31 debut of Rarities is very disappointing.

Mariah needs to invest some of her own money into promo. Or at the very least invest in GREAT music videos

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

Mariah??? LOL who else
                                    MESS!
                                    She needs to stay away from the editing room

Comment

• I guess it would have helped The Rarities, if she'd had Kygo remix either Here We Go Around Again or All I Live For. That might have made a bit of a splash. Then she could have had to remix and the original on the album.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Streaming has buggered her, where is she in the sales only chart?
                                        Yeah streaming is really terrible. The Album in the UK didn't even appear in Spotify's new release, you have to know its out.

Comment

• The focus has been on the book. Who cares about the charts when she's giving a lot to her fans (remixes, HD videos, few live performances, vinyl reissues, a memoir, a master piece audiobook, a new Christmas special, a rarities album...)
                                          I've observed for many years when an album or a song is not succesful it goes to the "I don't know her" territory to her fans. Instead of enjoying what she's brought to the table.
                                          I understand her flaws (videos, lack of promotion) but it is what it is. At least she's still releasing great music
                                          Last edited by delapuerta; Mon October 12, 2020, 21:42.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                            We still don't know who Directed that HORRIBLE STD tennis video .

I think the idea of the video is that it is a "performance" at the Tennis open and not necessarily a music video. If that makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                              It's being great.

Comment

• Mariah needs to record a full version of ‘Going Up Yonder’ for her next album, maybe as the album closer. She sounds amazing singing it in Audible.

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                                  Who cares about the charts when she's giving a lot to her fans (remixes, HD videos, few live performances, vinyl reissues, a memoir, a master piece audiobook, a new Christmas special, a rarities album...)
                                                  period, with a t.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post

period, with a t.

It does matter, cause if a project does well we will all get more stuff and interesting exciting projects ahead. Better quality and calibre people......more interesting collaborations (or in normal circumstance more interesting outings at award show or events).

If AIWFCIY wasn't big.....do you seriously think she'll be able to score an Apple TV special.

Stop thinking that commercial sales don't matter.......she's no indie artist. Shes the biggest star of the 90s so getting these numbers is abysmal and very dissapointing.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X