This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Switchedon View Post
    Mariah needs to record a full version of ‘Going Up Yonder’ for her next album, maybe as the album closer. She sounds amazing singing it in Audible.
    I'm here for it!!

Comment

• Not with a bsides, demo project lol If you check the credits it's been done by her team. Sony has spent very little on this

Comment

• Mariah just gave a very interesting thought on Whitney and songwriting...........to some it could be perceived as shady but this is the most forward i've heard Mariah talk about Whitney.

We hear alot of the "Whitney is great" though never have we heard Mariah talk about the fact that "Whitney is capable of songwriting" and that she wasn't perhaps encouraged to.....

......so refreshing to get this side of Mariah, she is finally speaking her mind more. I like this Mariah more than the one that will always sound "nice".

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
          Mariah just gave a very interesting thought on Whitney and songwriting...........to some it could be perceived as shady but this is the most forward i've heard Mariah talk about Whitney.

We hear alot of the "Whitney is great" though never have we heard Mariah talk about the fact that "Whitney is capable of songwriting" and that she wasn't perhaps encouraged to.....

......so refreshing to get this side of Mariah, she is finally speaking her mind more. I like this Mariah more than the one that will always sound "nice".
          I really liked the remark too. Indeed it's like she was defending Whitney artistry and what she went through. Maybe it's me but I've felt that this was a conversation they both had

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post
            I guess it would have helped The Rarities, if she'd had Kygo remix either Here We Go Around Again or All I Live For. That might have made a bit of a splash. Then she could have had to remix and the original on the album.
            I guess she could have done something like that MJ release where they had the original versions on Disc Two, then updated versions with new producers on Disc One and release a new version with a hot feature as the lead single. But I guess Mariah was not interested in doing anything like that, she just wanted something music related to go with the book.

Comment

• If the BBC interview Is on YouTube I would appreciate it if someone posts it.

Comment

• lol....in the interview Trevor goes "your lambs are powerful".....lol, obviously not powerful enough to stream these days.

See what a calculated coordinated and rabid fanbase like BTS can do to a remix......whereas the lambs nowaydas feel that a #1 on iTunes or a #1 on Japan's Sapporo chart is success.

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                  If the BBC interview Is on YouTube I would appreciate it if someone posts it.
                  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_two

Though not sure if it's region specfic.

Comment

• She definitely is in talks with Lee about making a film. But I hope it's a tv series instead.

Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                    lol....in the interview Trevor goes "your lambs are powerful".....lol, obviously not powerful enough to stream these days.

See what a calculated coordinated and rabid fanbase like BTS can do to a remix......whereas the lambs nowaydas feel that a #1 on iTunes or a #1 on Japan's Sapporo chart is success.
                    So what are you, as a lamb, doing about it?
                    See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• She just mentioned that she would've loved 3-4 months to finish the memoirs, but is now having interesting conversations about a possible film.

Not sure how I feel about the film aspect........though here's hoping it will see the light with a visionary director who can bring some A-Class talent to it, not some B-List straight to streaming thing.

Though outside Lee Daniels and Brett Ratner, i can't see anyone touching this. Is Brett even still in Mariah's circle after the James Packer thing? Haven't heard much from them together in a long time.

Comment

• My gosh Why this negativity against everything?

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                          She definitely is in talks with Lee about making a film. But I hope it's a tv series instead.

So what are you, as a lamb, doing about it?
                          I'm doing my part by streaming The Rarities constantly the past week and loving it as an album. Can't speak for other lambs who claim to love her but all you hear is bootlicking dramtic "i love you so much" but barely know much about her or her discography.

Comment

• I’m sure she would trust Lee Daniels to do a great job directing her biopic film (and rightfully so). The main key will be to getting a great writer to adapt it. I prefer to see a film made over a tv series. They tend to have greater longevity.

My opinion on The Rarities is that it was a bonus treat for the lambs to act as a companion to the memoir. It wasn’t treated as a “new album” bc it isn’t one technically. I’m sure the label doesn’t care about its performance since they are making an extra buck or two off of what is essentially “leftovers”.

The next big main focus is going to be the Apple TV+ special. Mariah herself stated that they have been working on it for over a year now and if they are getting special guests like the ones we assume are AG and JH, then the label is definitely spending money!

Comment

• Here we go around again....
                              the blame game for chart position begins....

http://marcokircher.com
                              http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                              IG: marco235

Comment

• I quite like this Trevor interview on the BBC, when she's surrounded by interviewers that gets her or has a long history she opens up so much more.......

Loved the bit about Whtiney and also the Charmbracelet/Emancipation of Mimi section, she definately aware (of the success or lack thereof).

More interviews like this please.

Comment

• Do we know if the apple xmas special will be on stream before the 24th of December or will it be a special during xmas day?

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

I'm doing my part by streaming The Rarities constantly the past week and loving it as an album. Can't speak for other lambs who claim to love her but all you hear is bootlicking dramtic "i love you so much" but barely know much about her or her discography.
                                    we too, I'm about to hit 1,000 plays (thanks to LastFM I know the exact number) AND I've bought 2 CD copies of the album as well.

But fan devotion is dead, it seems. The album (of 32 songs) has amassed 4 million streams in total since its release on October 2nd. That's beyond shocking to me.

What boggers me is the thought that the same people who apparently did not check The Rarities out or bought anything... are also the ones who buy a Mariah Carey concert ticket.

How on earth does she get 100,000 or 200,000 people to her concerts during a tour while her albums struggle to even sell 10,000 units outside the US in the world combined? Nowadays everything is about money... but it seems like ... an expensive concert ticket is more realistically bought than a digital or physical album by hers (or even stream anything FOR FREE).

I think that is why Mariah HAS TO perform the ever same setlist, bc I assume that 99% of all people who attend a Mariah Carey concert think that she hasn't released new music since 1994.

I know people will come for me and say that ticket sales and cd sales have NOTHING to do with each other... but it's just so weird to me how she can sell 10,000 tickets for REAL money at the Budokan in Japan, but only 2000 people bother picking up a copy of her latest release (and we all know that she is NOT streamed in any relevant capacity either).

As much as I love her Xmas domination... it slowly but surely gets on my nerves because it really eats up all the attention. Remember how Caution couldn't even shift 1/10 of what Merry Christmas did in 2018? That was a crime against humanity,

IF there were any interest in the project that is The Rarities, why couldn't she perform some of the songs live from home like she did earlier this year?

I know the Memoir is the main focus and that is lovely... but I KNOW that they had some sort of expectation about the album as well (otherwise why bother if they don't make any money off of it?).

This 0 effort sh!t gets on my nerves bc we've had that for 3 albums in a row now. Mariah is absent and it seems like she's losing interest in a project the moment she hands in the final product to her label for pressing and distribution.

And as someone else was saying: Some sort of success means that an era is longer and that we get more out of it: performances, interviews or just simply seeing her more often.

Mariah is not the only one, but A LOT OF legacy acts barely chart for 1 or 2 weeks and then the album is done for and forgotten. This has not happened before the streaming era took full control of the music industry. Flop albums still charted for months on end in some cases. It's not the same anymore.

We have reached a point now than in 5 years or so.. or in 2 albums time... her following project might not even be charting at all anymore.

I refuse to believe that this is the future... a future in which we jump from one Taylor Swift release to the next Gaga project and then repeat... because nobody else is able to chart for a substantial amount of time anymore.

WHEN you look at the charts... these days you must come to the conclusion that Mariah, Alanis, Alicia, Christina, Katy etc don't have fans anymore.
                                    Last edited by stevyy; Tue October 13, 2020, 00:06.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• I would say the people who follow her and buy/stream incessantly tend to be young but they are low in numbers for her compared to the ones who follow current acts. Older audiences dont stream like crazy just to support their faves. They tend to buy things they like and they’ll pop a CD or play the digital file every now and then to enjoy the music. This is why conventional promotion to this older group cannot be ignored if you want sales. Social media promotion wouldnt be enough for her. You can see what good promo did for her book - it worked. We can urge each other to stream non stop but our numbers are low today. She needs hard sales from a more mature audience. Young kids have moved on. But if commercial success isn’t that big of a deal for her anymore then that’s ok, you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                                        I would say the people who follow her and buy/stream incessantly tend to be young but they are low in numbers for her compared to the ones who follow current acts. Older audiences dont stream like crazy just to support their faves. They tend to buy things they like and they’ll pop a CD or play the digital file every now and then to enjoy the music. This is why conventional promotion to this older group cannot be ignored if you want sales. Social media promotion wouldnt be enough for her. You can see what good promo did for her book - it worked. We can urge each other to stream non stop but our numbers are low today. She needs hard sales from a more mature audience. Young kids have moved on. But if commercial success isn’t that big of a deal for her anymore then that’s ok, you know.
                                        of course it is OK... but Mariah Carey should really be able to sell more than 10,000 albums outside the United States in the world combined. I find that a shockingly low number because she even attracts more people to a concert in Berlin than that. (And Germany is her least supportive country).

Where are those older people at they don't buy anything anymore?

I mean... it's not like that I'm here hoping for her to sell millions of albums... But for real, I expect more than 10,000 copies in the world combined.
                                        My Chart

Comment

• And back to streaming: Her current top 5 streaming tracks... outstream her 1 week old album on Spotify... I mean each track individually does that or is pretty close. 4 MILLION streams in 9 days is so little... that I truly have no words - and no explanation why this is.

My Chart

Comment

• Indeed Stevvy she sold out twice in the budokkan in Tokyo in 2018 and one night in Osaka.

The thing is streaming and the way charts are showing what teens are interested in. You need a hit to chart decently and you're not going to have a hit with a bsides record. She can duet with a hot act and many things to get a hit but she's not interested and she deserves at this point to be a legacy act without going crazy with the charts. If touring is what she has to do, it's ok.

Stevvy your expectations about this album were high but I don't see any other artists doing great with a rarities album. It's not pretty common.

Where are those people? Well if Sony doesn't put her records in the stores, they're difficult to sell. IDK about Germany but in Spain there are few copies in big record stores and that's all.

Seriously, I'm tired of these meltdowns about an artist who has sold plenty of records and who could be retired in her house living the best of her life

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

Seriously, I'm tired of these meltdowns about an artist who has sold plenty of records and who could be retired in her house living the best of her life
                                              I do not expect much, I really don't. I think 100,000 copies for such a release in 2020 would have been great, but 10,000? (well 30,000 including the US)... is not acceptable.

The thing is, I love her so much. She is so talented and creative and I love The Rarities with all my heart and I want people to know that it exists bc I want to share my joy with people in real life as well... but I can't because a) nobody I know, knows that she is still releasing music and 2) her eras are NOT promoted at all in Europe.

I want her to be seen and understood. I assume that she wants that too. But it doesn't work in the way that she and her team are handling her releases. Outside of our little forums, nobody knows of Caution. It's tragic that so many people have no idea that Mariah Carey released one of the best albums ever in recent years.

My Chart

Comment

• If you listen to / read her memoirs, you will understand how she wants to deal with her music. Her terms and nothing else. Whatever the outcome is commercially or critically, it’s mostly on her.

Comment

• A link to the Mariah interview with Trevor.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000ncsh

Comment

• Their bad. It's a compilation that hasn't been promoted and has has been used to promote a book that has sold the triple. Some of the vinyls have run out very fast and have been re-stocked (Tartget unplugged, the vmp, the uo). This isn't a project with a GP appeal and they didn't even try it.
                                                    Why me as a fan has to bother about something they don't push? I've decided to enjoy with all the mc30 moment. If they're not going to push a song or a performance, I'm ok with it. It's obvious that even with 30k copies they're earning money (not much tbh) all the songs were done, the artwork is full of outtakes, the design is made by Nacho who is a lamb, Liron has done executive stuff too.
                                                    The only thing that bothers me is all those fans who were asking for the 90s Mariah to be back, saying that she needed a big ballad and when all this happens and Out here on my own is out they don't support the song or the record.
                                                    But it's ok, we're having a great year of being a lamb and it hasn't finished yet.

Maybe Caution didn't sell a thing but it had the greatest reviews of her career which at some point it's good to have
                                                    Last edited by delapuerta; Tue October 13, 2020, 00:42.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X