X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is indeed a great year to be a loyal fan of hers

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I do not expect much, I really don't. I think 100,000 copies for such a release in 2020 would have been great, but 10,000? (well 30,000 including the US)... is not acceptable.

The thing is, I love her so much. She is so talented and creative and I love The Rarities with all my heart and I want people to know that it exists bc I want to share my joy with people in real life as well... but I can't because a) nobody I know, knows that she is still releasing music and 2) her eras are NOT promoted at all in Europe.

I want her to be seen and understood. I assume that she wants that too. But it doesn't work in the way that she and her team are handling her releases. Outside of our little forums, nobody knows of Caution. It's tragic that so many people have no idea that Mariah Carey released one of the best albums ever in recent years.

The only thing that was giving a lot of artists half decent first week numbers in recent years in the US was bundling. Bundles are now a thing of the past and the numbers are going to reflect this. Caution in its-self was greatly aided by a lot of thing and it sold 42k pure if i remember in week one. Without the tour bundle, merch bundles and fan editions that could have been closer to 30k. The rarities had nothing, just 1 edition. It's sales in the US are not that much of a surprise. Just enjoy the music dahling. If they wanted to really push this it needed to be something more like what I described earlier.

Comment

• I really enjoyed the Trevor interview. I also like the format of her talking a lot about music hers and others. I want her to do a one off radio show playing records that inspired her she has great taste in music. I didn’t know she was also a Donny Hathaway fan.

Comment

• I absolutely love it when mariah talks about music. There’s something so joyful hearing her describe her diverse influences and ideas.

Comment

• The meltdown after the rarities chart position...there's more though after the reveal of AG and JH. Just wait...
            A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
              the design is made by Nacho who is a lamb
              Nacho from Argentina?

Oh wow - well done to him.
              I used to know that Nacho years ago on FOMM.
              MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Great interview with Trevor Nelson.

it’s sad how she always feels the need in each interview, when talking about the book, to stress that it was written prior to the BLM movement.
                I can’t help but think this is her trying to protect herself from potential backlash from people who will inevitably say she’s just hyping up her story and trying to cash in.
                Last edited by WaitYourTurn; Tue October 13, 2020, 10:00.

Comment

• I accepted many years ago that Europe left her. Here in Germany I don't hear her songs any more in the radio, with the exception of christmas of course. I remember in the 90s I used to switch from radio station to radio station just to catch a Mariah song. It never took longer than a minute, lol. After Rainbow her radio power started decreasing slowly - Sweetheart, IKWYW, WYB, AAO were still big radio hits though. These days I hear Madonna and Whitney EVERY DAY and no Mariah anymore, even no Without You, no Hero, no Endless Love, no I'll Be There, no Dreamlover... Back in the days I was so certain these songs would become timeless classics but I was wrong. As I experienced the golden 90s days, this hurts.
                  I know some german fans are here. Do you hear her songs in the radio? What about fans from France, Spain, Belgium.....?

Comment

• Man, I wish there was a way we could get HQ recordings of her performances of "You and I" and "If Only You Knew/Somewhere Over the Rainbow". Those are some of her best covers!

Comment

• stevyy I get it. we've had this fack and forth discussion over at The Rarities thread. I agree that it's sad to see a new release from Mariah not moving sales & streams. It's esp hard for long time fans cause Mariah used to have the best selling albums time after time and went #1 with almost all her singles, but since Memoirs, is having little success in tearms of actual sales. of course she is still and will always be celebrated and successful (she is still one of the biggest selling artists of all time).

This also must be said - Mariah hasn't/haven't promoted hard her music since 2011 (after MC2U) and since then we've only had 2 studio albums: "Me. I Am Mariah" & "Caution". maybe she is tired of putting so much effort in it? I think that sales does mean alot to her, still. however she won't go all out & about to get it. I remember seeing her saying that things need to or should happen organicly (though obviously didn't/don't work). the music isn't as appealing as it used to be - that is also the truth (at least for regular fans/GP).

I also think that she had such a difficult time during the 90's and still felt presured with Glitter and Charmbracelet and MiMi, because she had a lot to prove, but after "coming back" with such validation, she "decided" to went almost the complete other way and put her happines and later her family first. that was a lesson learned and thankfuly she survived and still infused into music and released stuff. I will never take that for granted.

Lastly, to me, she used to be so confident (ironic!!!). she gave everything into her appearance and performances + the labels supported her releases and invested in them, but that hasn't been the case for too long (exept Christmas). I mean, exept from her own tours, whenever she is on stange she seems uneased and insecured. things don't flow. I wish she would really LET GO of the whole "I'm a sexy diva" image - because her personality takes over everything, but that is who she is, so if we "won't let her" be, than what's left? who would get her? she just wants to live.
                      Last edited by Tomer_MC; Tue October 13, 2020, 11:06.
                      #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                        Do we know if the apple xmas special will be on stream before the 24th of December or will it be a special during xmas day?
                        It will be up before undoubtedly
                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I think Mesmerized has become one of my favs from The Rarities. I love it!

Comment

• 8 things we learned from Mariah Carey's chat with Trevor Nelson

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art...-trevor-nelson

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post
                              I think Mesmerized has become one of my favs from The Rarities. I love it!
                              it is stuck on my head. I'm singing the "tell me that you want it, you want it, you want it" part all the time

Comment

• None of us can really speak for Mariah, however I would be surprised if she didn't care in the slightest whether her songs achieved success.
                                To achieve success is to have them heard - of course she would want them heard, and shared.

You can tell from the below tweet how happy and appreciative she is for the promo (likely paid for, but still) - she seems quite happy to see her work promoted in such big lights. And maybe that's enough for her and she doesn't necessarily care about the numbers as long as there are people (lambs and fans) consuming her music.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                    None of us can really speak for Mariah, however I would be surprised if she didn't care in the slightest whether her songs achieved success.
                                    To achieve success is to have them heard - of course she would want them heard, and shared.

You can tell from the below tweet how happy and appreciative she is for the promo (likely paid for, but still) - she seems quite happy to see her work promoted in such big lights. And maybe that's enough for her and she doesn't necessarily care about the numbers as long as there are people (lambs and fans) consuming her music.

Those Spotify adverts are amazing

Comment

• OMG at Allure lol

I guess they AREN'T all cried out yet.
                                      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Lol @ those who say ‘who cares about charts’. You think a record label, and Mariah, put out new projects not wanting to make money? Quality and commercial success are not mutually exclusive. And if Celine can still score a #1 album in 2020 there is absolutely no reason Mariah can’t, the US is her territory and she’s still very much loved there. She just needs to stop ******* up promo and launch strategies. The Rarities was the perfect opportunity to win back fans she had lost a long time ago and they totally messed it up. Plus the success of one album determines the budget she’ll receive for the next one, if she keeps putting out flops she’ll never have proper backing from her label again. It’s just sad nobody’s gonna get to hear the gems on this album...

Comment

• [/QUOTE]

who said the album didn't receive any promo?

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

it is stuck on my head. I'm singing the "tell me that you want it, you want it, you want it" part all the time
                                            LOL me too

Comment

• This isn't a regular album, it's a compilation of rarities for fans. All the songs were done. The budget has been minimum. Sony hasn't invested much money on this and more of the work has been done by Mariah's team. It's already making money.

What else we can do? I get your point, but every record she releases is not neccesary to be a turning point in her career. She already is Mariah, she's able to tour and sell venues, all other stuff she's done this year have done nicely and the book is a success and Rarities as an album is amazing.

She's not the main focus of her label, even if she sells 50k copies of rarities. What it's a shame is than even having AIWFC every year that gives Sony a lot of money with little investment she doesn't get the budget she deserves. Although I guess she doesn't want to promote overseas much, she doesn't want to perform on TV much and her latest videos has nothing to do with budget but creativity (and I love GTFO and With you photography).

That's my point, just enjoy this treasure without looking to charts and I'm repeating myself like a parrot
                                              Last edited by delapuerta; Tue October 13, 2020, 12:09.

Comment

• Anyone else detecting 2020 vocals at the very on of All I Live For?

Comment

• Originally posted by mariahmatherspacker View Post
                                                  Lol @ those who say ‘who cares about charts’. You think a record label, and Mariah, put out new projects not wanting to make money? Quality and commercial success are not mutually exclusive. And if Celine can still score a #1 album in 2020 there is absolutely no reason Mariah can’t, the US is her territory and she’s still very much loved there. She just needs to stop ******* up promo and launch strategies. The Rarities was the perfect opportunity to win back fans she had lost a long time ago and they totally messed it up. Plus the success of one album determines the budget she’ll receive for the next one, if she keeps putting out flops she’ll never have proper backing from her label again. It’s just sad nobody’s gonna get to hear the gems on this album...
                                                  I agree on some parts, but Celine is in a whole different situation. It was commented here many times, but once again: she had established herself as a touring force and most of her first week sales from "Courage" were fuled by concert ticket sales. the same goes for Madonna (she enlisted Maluma for the first single....) - everyone knows that, it's not a bad thing or a shade. it's a fact. + Mariah is R&B... Mariah can't be #1 without putting great-big effort... it just ain't happening.

Comment

• Don't hate me but I have never streamed a song in my life. Yes, I am a bad lamb who doesn't help Meemz reach the top. but I loathe the idea of always relying on data/wifi...I like to own my music and play it when I want, reliant only on my battery life. That is why the music industry charts seem to always be ruled by younger acts and older acts just don't chart except on pure physical sales/download charts. Many fans of the older acts just don't stream. We just listen to the radio in the car or while doing work or play our purchased (or downloaded) songs. Soz.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X