Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by allygdale View Post

    she’s not with a label right
    what?!?!?

    when did this happen?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by allygdale View Post

      Yes, fine, as a member of society, and as a member the industry ageism and sexism

      On the other hand, she knows how to get a hit, it requires the kind of promo campaign the memoir received, the AIWFCIY 2019 promo campaign, so maybe if she could do it all again, she would release Rarities earlier and promote it, but it is what it is
      She did Caution. This album is a masterpiece. Songs like GTFO, Caution, Giving Me Life and A No No would've been hits if they were recorded by a younger black act that would attract the labels investments like Drake, Jhenne Aiko, Janelle Monae...
      Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
      Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
      Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

      Comment


      • Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

        Thanks. I've been saying this since yesterday. This is a personal project from her and her team.

        And Mariah is R&B but she still has GP appeal. Indeed the music current artists do is very influenced by R&B. How a woman who has 19 #1 has no GP appeal?

        Also some forget she's released just 2 studio albums in the 2010s and Chanteuse has a hit with #B.
        Yeah, this is clearly a personal project aimed only for the lambs. And I'm really grateful for that. It's even ironic that it's called rarities and I'm sure both the CD and the vinyl will become a rarity in the near future.

        I'm just saying that she's still in a clear disadvantage chartwise compared to younger acts, or black or white acts, or even male acts.
        Last edited by leoavalon; Wed October 14, 2020, 00:30.
        Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
        Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
        Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ReubenWalton View Post

          Who is Toni?
          Toni Braxton, one of the best selling R&B artists in history, with more Grammys in her pocket than Mariah herself.
          Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
          Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
          Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

          Comment


          • Originally posted by leoavalon View Post

            Toni Braxton, one of the best selling R&B artists in history, with more Grammys in her pocket than Mariah herself.
            stream Mesmerized, baby.
            My Chart

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rascali View Post
              I don’t believe Mariah is half as pressed as some of you appear to be over charts and sales.

              She could have chosen any track as a single from the album and in that reality it would have also been deemed an ‘insane choice’ or whatever.

              The joy that is this album seems to have turned into a bitter lament of ‘what could have been’ if you follow the current thread... don’t let your imagination spoil what’s been a perfectly wonderful year.

              Still got to pinch myself when I think of what we’ve gotten since the rarity of St. John The Divine concert last year.
              The problem is and this has been the problem for ages is that every time she releases something certain lambs have the most riduclously unrealistic expectations for how it is going to perform, they start talking about spotify playlists, huge videos, number one singles, hot features etc etc. Expecting ANY of that for a rarities album was completely and utterly naive. And it only set up for disappointment.

              Also looking at Mariah's website I am pretty sure that Billboard did NOT count any of the MC30 boxsets she sold or the Book/Vinyl bundle as they do not qualify to be counted under new rules. So there could be another 5k or more sales there who knows. Pretty sure a lot of lambs would have gone for the box set.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

                what?!?!?

                when did this happen?
                She's under Legacy, isn't she?
                Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

                Comment


                • Originally posted by allygdale View Post

                  Yes, fine, as a member of society, and as a member the industry ageism and sexism

                  On the other hand, she knows how to get a hit, it requires the kind of promo campaign the memoir received, the AIWFCIY 2019 promo campaign, so maybe if she could do it all again, she would release Rarities earlier and promote it, but it is what it is
                  it also requires a lot of singing live and public scrutiny about her voice... she’s petrified to perform live on tv because she’s been so badly bullied over the years.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                    stream Mesmerized, baby.
                    Daily, it's the most steamed track from rarities in my last FM. <3
                    Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                    Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                      The problem is and this has been the problem for ages is that every time she releases something certain lambs have the most riduclously unrealistic expectations for how it is going to perform, they start talking about spotify playlists, huge videos, number one singles, hot features etc etc. Expecting ANY of that for a rarities album was completely and utterly naive. And it only set up for disappointment.

                      Also looking at Mariah's website I am pretty sure that Billboard did NOT count any of the MC30 boxsets she sold or the Book/Vinyl bundle as they do not qualify to be counted under new rules. So there could be another 5k or more sales there who knows. Pretty sure a lot of lambs would have gone for the box set.
                      Good point. In my country the rarities isn't even in any store (online or physical) and I bought a box set from her site.
                      Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                      Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                      Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

                        it also requires a lot of singing live and public scrutiny about her voice... she’s petrified to perform live on tv because she’s been so badly bullied over the years.
                        This. And I don't blame her. She's been crucified by the media and this audience.
                        Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                        Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                        Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by leoavalon View Post

                          Daily, it's the most steamed track from rarities in my last FM. <3
                          since you've mentioned it... The Rarities has exceeded 1,000 scrobbles on my LastFM

                          My Top 10 from The Rarities by playcounts are:

                          01 - 98 plays - Mesmerized
                          02 - 72 plays - I Pray
                          03 - 54 plays - Do You Think Of Me
                          04 - 53 plays - All I Live For
                          05 - 46 plays - Can You Hear Me
                          06 - 46 plays - Just Be Good To Me
                          07 - 46 plays - Loverboy
                          08 - 42 plays - Cool On You
                          09 - 42 plays - Everything Fades Away
                          10 - 42 plays - One Night

                          STD (246) and OHOMO (402) suffer from single exposure.
                          My Chart

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by leoavalon View Post

                            Good point. In my country the rarities isn't even in any store (online or physical) and I bought a box set from her site.
                            I haven't checked any actual store for her album. I love amazon so much.
                            My Chart

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                              since you've mentioned it... The Rarities has exceeded 1,000 scrobbles on my LastFM

                              My Top 10 from The Rarities by playcounts are:

                              01 - 98 plays - Mesmerized
                              02 - 72 plays - I Pray
                              03 - 54 plays - Do You Think Of Me
                              04 - 53 plays - All I Live For
                              05 - 46 plays - Can You Hear Me
                              06 - 46 plays - Just Be Good To Me
                              07 - 46 plays - Loverboy
                              08 - 42 plays - Cool On You
                              09 - 42 plays - Everything Fades Away
                              10 - 42 plays - One Night

                              STD (246) and OHOMO (402) suffer from single exposure.
                              I Pray is also my second one, but One Night is a close 3rd.
                              Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                              Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                              Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

                              Comment


                              • Man the theories some people come up with. Mariah’s projects not doing well because of racism? Ageism maybe but racism? She’s literally the artist who’s had like the biggest racial crossover appeal ever, she’s equally loved by blacks and whites and pretty much everyone. And she’s still very much loved in America and could easily have a #B sized hit again, she just needs to have the strategy which she hasn’t had in 10 years. That’s literally all it comes down to. And she needs to quit JD, that ship has sailed long ago.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by mariahmatherspacker View Post
                                  Man the theories some people come up with. Mariah’s projects not doing well because of racism? Ageism maybe but racism? She’s literally the artist who’s had like the biggest racial crossover appeal ever, she’s equally loved by blacks and whites and pretty much everyone. And she’s still very much loved in America and could easily have a #B sized hit again, she just needs to have the strategy which she hasn’t had in 10 years. That’s literally all it comes down to. And she needs to quit JD, that ship has sailed long ago.
                                  But no with a rarities album with no label behind. Gosh

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

                                    But no with a rarities album with no label behind. Gosh
                                    This year, I see a good 40% chance of Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) charting on the H100 (along AIWFCIY). I know most lambs drool over Miss You Most... but somehow, I am not a big fan of the song. It's nice and lovely, but OHN and CBPCH take the cake as the trinity of Merrier Christmas alongside AIW
                                    My Chart

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by mariahmatherspacker View Post
                                      Man the theories some people come up with. Mariah’s projects not doing well because of racism? Ageism maybe but racism? She’s literally the artist who’s had like the biggest racial crossover appeal ever, she’s equally loved by blacks and whites and pretty much everyone. And she’s still very much loved in America and could easily have a #B sized hit again, she just needs to have the strategy which she hasn’t had in 10 years. That’s literally all it comes down to. And she needs to quit JD, that ship has sailed long ago.
                                      Did you read her book? Do you understand that she's not fully embraced by neither audiences? This is my understanding of her career at this point.
                                      Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                                      Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                                      Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                        This year, I see a good 40% chance of Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) charting on the H100 (along AIWFCIY). I know most lambs drool over Miss You Most... but somehow, I am not a big fan of the song. It's nice and lovely, but OHN and CBPCH take the cake as the trinity of Merrier Christmas alongside AIW
                                        I'm rooting for Baby Pleas Come Home to become a new standard. I'm afraid the hate of AIWFC could take over the song in the coming years, and Ariana's Baby Santa is growing year by year.
                                        Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                                        Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                                        Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                          This year, I see a good 40% chance of Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) charting on the H100 (along AIWFCIY). I know most lambs drool over Miss You Most... but somehow, I am not a big fan of the song. It's nice and lovely, but OHN and CBPCH take the cake as the trinity of Merrier Christmas alongside AIW
                                          Miss you most is drab, we need some cheer this year. BPCH is great but I also love the Darnell Love version. Mariah should duet with her on a new version.

                                          Comment


                                          • Mariah is with Sony music. Sony Music historically always releases compilation albums through Legacy for all of their artists. That is exactly what happened in Mariah's case. There's literally no reason to think she's not part of a label at this point.
                                            I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by mariahmatherspacker View Post

                                              Yes civil disobedience and global warming are the reasons Rarities is debuting at #31 now

                                              Nobody cares about charts until they’re at #1, and then suddenly everyoooonneee cares about charts. She’ll be at #1 again in 2 months anyway but it’s just sad another great project flops purely because of bad decision-making.
                                              https://www.nme.com/news/music/album...ndemic-2636855

                                              Album sales hit a 60-year low this year... this is documented fact; not opinion. Most people currently have less disposable income than they've had in years past.
                                              Last edited by Cyclone; Wed October 14, 2020, 02:05.

                                              Comment


                                              • Been listening Caution a lot lately. It's really incredible how fresh and modern that album sound. Her 96415 studio album yet to satisfying. Thank you Mariah.

                                                Comment


                                                • Maybe everyone can finally stop posting Itunes charts numbers every time she releases something. The sales are COMPLETELY irrelevant...

                                                  What MC needs to do is to reinvent herself. She didnt do it with Caution, y'all. It was the same MC we've heard over the years. I'm waiting for her to release some upbeat tracks that EVERYONE, young and old, can move to.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Caution was a stepforward into the sound she's approaching and her sound has evolved through the years. Caution is hot and fresh.
                                                    What Mariah should do is whatever she wants to

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X