This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

This year, I see a good 40% chance of Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) charting on the H100 (along AIWFCIY). I know most lambs drool over Miss You Most... but somehow, I am not a big fan of the song. It's nice and lovely, but OHN and CBPCH take the cake as the trinity of Merrier Christmas alongside AIW
    Imagine if it had a video.
    It gets some views for the audio video, but a proper video would have an impact.

I think O Holy Night could have a chance of charting as it seems to increase in streams and gets solid views, but its video is tied to the live version from MCIIY (at least I'm sure it is) and the streaming points get spilt between the album version and the video.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Awwww... it's Jason

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post

Did you read her book? Do you understand that she's not fully embraced by neither audiences? This is my understanding of her career at this point.
        Her music has clearly been accepted by a diverse audience. Let’s not forget her Asian fans too fully embrace her. A lot of people followed her without having any negative or suspicious feelings about her ethnic background. People like me love her for being just Mariah. She transcends the racial divide. The one thing I didn’t like about the book is that mariah didnt quite acknowledge this. But in the book she brings up race at almost every opportunity. While it’s the truth for her, as a non-American Asian I felt lost reading that so offen. (Yeah you may torch me for this statement).

Comment

• Originally posted by Clown10 View Post
          Maybe everyone can finally stop posting Itunes charts numbers every time she releases something. The sales are COMPLETELY irrelevant...

What MC needs to do is to reinvent herself. She didnt do it with Caution, y'all. It was the same MC we've heard over the years. I'm waiting for her to release some upbeat tracks that EVERYONE, young and old, can move to.
          The Rarities is currently at no 177 on itunes USA.

Comment

• Mariah's impact is unparalleled

when will your faves?

Comment

• This is really sweet.

i hope Mariah sees this

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                This is really sweet.

i hope Mariah sees this

This is really nice of them

Comment

• she also sang about Carole and Paula in the song Violent on the chick album

Comment

• <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Clown10 View Post
                      Maybe everyone can finally stop posting Itunes charts numbers every time she releases something. The sales are COMPLETELY irrelevant...

What MC needs to do is to reinvent herself. She didnt do it with Caution, y'all. It was the same MC we've heard over the years. I'm waiting for her to release some upbeat tracks that EVERYONE, young and old, can move to.
                      iTunes is just one measure of sales popularity and we have seen the impact of iTunes on the charts. Again, the album (and other MC albums) that topped iTunes re-entered official Sales charts (MC currently has two entries on Billboard Sales charts btw). Where she falters is with streaming and streaming is not a one size fit all thing. Just like radio, streaming has factors other than popularity which includes things like editorial decisions (where a song/album falls on popular playlists) and promo.

I really don't know how many times MC can reinvent herself to satisfy this elusive audience that people seem to want her to appeal to. She's doing fine.
                      See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Kinda book spoiler... but is this the event in question?

http://mariahcareynetwork.com/galler...uction96-3.jpg
                        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                          Kinda book spoiler... but is this the event in question?

I think it is

Comment

the night she met Derek.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                But of course dahhling

Comment

Imagine if it had a video.
                                  It gets some views for the audio video, but a proper video would have an impact.

I think O Holy Night could have a chance of charting as it seems to increase in streams and gets solid views, but its video is tied to the live version from MCIIY (at least I'm sure it is) and the streaming points get spilt between the album version and the video.
                                  I get the feeling she doesn't want to step on Darlene Love's shoes, it would be like Ariana making a video for all i want for christmas , Mariah is very respectful we know that.

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                    <3

We love Lenny!

Lenny and Mariah go back like baby's with pacifiers!

would love a collabo between Mariah and Lenny Kravitz

Comment

• Its interesting that Lenny mentioned Clarissa.
                                      clarissa is the lead singer on the Chick album!

i love how everything is like 6 degrees of separation

Comment

• And let's not forget about this!

See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Possibly but if you search for Armani Dinner Party, you see her wore a different dress so I can't clearly connect those events.
                                          A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• That would have been an A+mazing idol Panel
                                            Mariah, Lenny and Randy Jackson.

ashame Nicki had to come and ruin it all....

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                              That would have been an A+mazing idol Panel
                                              Mariah, Lenny and Randy Jackson.

ashame Nicki had to come and ruin it all....
                                              Keith was great and I was so happy cause he’s my all time fave male artist with my fave female artist it was such a dream come true but Nicki ruined everything for me. The day Nicki got late and was just Mariah, Keith and Randy on the panel was great

Comment

• This is the reason why Japan always have special treats.

A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
                                                  This is the reason why Japan always have special treats.

Well in Spain The Rarities is #12 and we don't receive extra stuff

Comment

• Spoiler!

I want Mariah&AG collaboration
                                                    Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                                                    My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                                                    Forever and always!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X