Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love the concept of Where I Belong and when it started I felt 21 again, as if I was hearing IKWYW for the first time.
    unfortunately by 2:30 mins it felt like it had been on for 5 mins. It’s missing something and feels unfinished... maybe it needs another feature and less repitition?

in response to an earlier post though - I really enjoyed Bustas speedy rap in the middle. He is a genius and kudos to Mariah for keeping up with his pace!

Comment

• New outtakes

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
        New outtakes

-PICS-
        My heart breaks when I see pics of Mariah at that time, her eyes seemed lifeless. I wish she talked about those strange years on the Memoirs, maybe she can talk about it someday

Comment

• New this week:

Comment

• I'm kinda impressed with where I belong, it feels like a natural progression from I know what you want without sounding like a total copy. Yet, as WaitYourTurn implies, it feels unfinished, and it becomes too repetitive. It has the potential to be an awesome song though, but I guess they will just leave it likes this. They should add another feature or use a more pronounced bridge where Mariah takes the lead (a la i know what you want). All the elements are there though...
            Eudaimonia
            Last.fm
            Instagram

Comment

• It's IKWYW part II, no less. It's dated but I need to hear this HQ.

Comment

• Watching the newly uploaded Top of the Pops performances, Mariah's discography is UNPARALLELED

emotions, ken lee and endless love, are only 3 of her gazillion hits! And those songs were released only 4years into her career.

simply INCREDIBLE

Comment

• It could have been another rare achievement if Endless Love went no. 1
                  A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• If “Where I Belong” appears on Busta’s new album I hope the version we just listened to was an older one. It wasn’t bad, but there was a lot that could be fixed/improved with the production. I too actually liked the fast rap part. The song definitely sounds dated and the beat almost identical to IKWYW, but not as strong.

Still enjoy listening to new/unreleased Mimi and I will accept this as my MC30 Friday treat! Lol

Comment

• Perhaps a radio edit may help rectify some of the issues mentioned?

Comment

• Am I on my own thinking OHOMO is one of my favourite Mariah vocals ever? I can’t stop.
                        To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Where I Belong is definately not finished, sounds extremely messy and amateurish in production.

Comment

• TMOMC is still #9 on NYT combined Non-Fiction hardcover and e-book. The book is actually holding up well in the midst of election and racism books.

Comment

• Anyone know if there are anymore tv appearances coming?

Comment

• Where I Belong goes straight to the "I don't know her" bucket with Infinity, I Don't, and Infamous
                                MARIAH

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                  Perhaps a radio edit may help rectify some of the issues mentioned?
                                  No, there's no major hook and Mariah's verse itself is not at the level of IKWYW.........can't even remember it.

The original worked because her voice and par was like a light through the rap clouds......this one is just a hodge podge.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                    Am I on my own thinking OHOMO is one of my favourite Mariah vocals ever? I can’t stop.
                                    You're not the only one, the emotions in the vocals are pure

Comment

• Oh man... Mariah and Luther.
                                      Just beautiful.
                                      Two of the most beautiful voices in music!

And that performance is so good.
                                      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Hearing her talk about that contract with the guy that produced her demo made my blood boil. How old was she? 17 or 18? He knew that she was gonna become a huge star and took advantage of her.
                                        Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by heartlocked View Post
                                          Where I Belong goes straight to the "I don't know her" bucket with Infinity, I Don't, and Infamous
                                          Repent. Infamous is a good track.

Where I belong is utter trash. You also forgot that Why you mad mess.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                            Hearing her talk about that contract with the guy that produced her demo made my blood boil. How old was she? 17 or 18? He knew that she was gonna become a huge star and took advantage of her.
                                            Ben Margulies probably earned $40 million+ with that contract despite only working with her on her debut album. Not bad for a forgotten has-been to be able to score that.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Imagine: Ben got

1990 - 50% of the royalties
                                              1991 - 40%
                                              1993 - 30%
                                              1994 - 20%
                                              1995 - 10%

She was free of that fool in 1997. What kind of contract is that even? I mean this is certainly illegal in Europe. In Germany we have a term for it: "Sittenwidrig" - that's a legal term and that kind of contract would have been dissolved here (If she wanted to).
                                              My Chart

Comment

• I like "I don't" and "Infinity". "I don't" base is very interesting and Infinity is very funny. The only song I think "why Mariah why" in the last decade is Why you mad. Also Infamous is trashy enjoyable.

The rest are nice tracks. What it killed "I don't vibe" for me was the video and it has 27M views

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                                  I like "I don't" and "Infinity". "I don't" base is very interesting and Infinity is very funny. The only song I think "why Mariah why" in the last decade is Why you mad. Also Infamous is trashy enjoyable.

The rest are nice tracks. What it killed "I don't vibe" for me was the video and it has 27M views
                                                  2,5/10 - I don't
                                                  0/10 - Why You Mad
                                                  6/10 - Infinity
                                                  4/10 - Infamous
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Ben Margulies probably earned $40 million+ with that contract despite only working with her on her debut album. Not bad for a forgotten has-been to be able to score that.
                                                    And he said recently he wanted to work with her again... the audacity... and certain member of the lambily claiming that she should work with him again. Ok they did good stuff together, but he didn't play nice

Comment

Working...
                                                    X