Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
    When I was very young I used to enjoy Amy Grant's Baby, Baby, which as an innocuous 'happy' sounding pop song was very palatable to a young kid.

I'm certain I remember the 1993 American Music Awards (before I became a Mariah fan later that year), wanting Amy to win Favourite Pop/Rock Female artist, only for her to lose to Mariah, and me thinking "who's this person?" - "she kinda looks like Amy with that hair".
    Ah kids...
    I also looooved Amy's Baby Baby! And That's What Love Is For
    Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
    Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
      I remember this remix was kind of a mild hit in Brazil in the Charm era. I hope we'll get this EP on MC30 soon.
      Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
      Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
      Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Somebody said Money is well produced...... girl where?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
          Somebody said Money is well produced...... girl where?
          In Me I am Mariah. The Elusive Chanteuse. You're welcome

Comment

• I don't mind Money. There are far worse tracks than that on the album.

Comment

• I don't get the MIAM hate. It's a very personal record, with good tracks and good production, apart of two tracks

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                I don't want to jinx anything but I was watching a video clip of Top songs of 1991 and Amy Grant appeared.....it's the first time i've even heard her......ugh, it better be Ariana Grande.
                Ironically, Amy and Mariah appeared on Oprah together

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                  When I was very young I used to enjoy Amy Grant's Baby, Baby, which as an innocuous 'happy' sounding pop song was very palatable to a young kid.

I'm certain I remember the 1993 American Music Awards (before I became a Mariah fan later that year), wanting Amy to win Favourite Pop/Rock Female artist, only for her to lose to Mariah, and me thinking "who's this person?" - "she kinda looks like Amy with that hair".
                  Ah kids...
                  Revealing your age...

just kididng.....

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

Ironically, Amy and Mariah appeared on Oprah together
                    Imagine a "Baby Baby" duet in 2020. Iconique !!

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                      I don't get the MIAM hate. It's a very personal record, with good tracks and good production, apart of two tracks
                      There's a reason why it's one of her lowest selling albums. Thin vocals, chipmunk like and too many filler songs doesn't do it any favours. Too much B-Grade rappers screaming all over the place. Production on some songs are good but terrible on others.

Comment

. Too much B-Grade rappers screaming all over the place. .
                        one of my pet peeves with Mariah, is how she insists on tacking these D-list rappers on her songs, that add no value whatsoever

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                          https://www.thecut.com/2013/07/maria...ings-ever.html

Broke my hand on Monday. Wish I had such stunning slings as Mariah.
                          Be well soon!!
                          #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Imagine a "Baby Baby" duet in 2020. Iconique !!
                            I dont know how that would sound

Comment

There's a reason why it's one of her lowest selling albums. Thin vocals, chipmunk like and too many filler songs doesn't do it any favours. Too much B-Grade rappers screaming all over the place. Production on some songs are good but terrible on others.
                              About rappers:

Dedicated - Nas isn't a screamer, he's very smooth.
                              You don't know what to do - Wale is almost singing in this song, he's not a Master P o Ja Rule rapper type
                              Money - Fabolous isn't screamer either.
                              Nas isn't a b-rapper, he's one of the most talented rappers out there and Wale and fabolous are nice.

About chipmunking vocals... I only hear that kind of vocals in OMT or Heavenly. Maybe few seconds in Cry. And this makes me laugh because many praise CB album vocals that for me are the most chipmunky she's ever sounded.
                              I understand is not your cup of tea, but MIAM is a good record, even more in the lyrics department. She's telling you her divorce through the album and has beautiful poetry images (for me she's a master in that), nice and surprising elements in the priduction area: the clinging bell in Faded, the guitar riff in #B, the sitar in Supernatural, the frantic strings in Make it look good (which is a very good modern R&B track), the horns in loop in Money and on and on.. The flaws? OMT and Heavenly should have been cut, TAOLG should have been the album name, mesmerized should have been in it abd few other things. It's not her best, but she tried a lot things in this record in different levels and deliver a good breakup album.
                              The selling has nothing to do with the quality of the album, Caution is a masterpiece and sold less.

Comment

• Never was a fan. Can never compare to the resung remixes imo.
                                http://marcokircher.com
                                http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                IG: marco235

Comment

one of my pet peeves with Mariah, is how she insists on tacking these D-list rappers on her songs, that add no value whatsoever

in which world Nas is a D-list rapper?

Comment

• How come Adele can host SNL, and Mariah cant even get a Xmas SNL gig ?

Comment

• Comment

in which world Nas is a D-list rapper?
                                        I NEVER said Nas

I was referring to people like Wale, Stefflon don...

She could at least get Drake onto a song.

Comment

I NEVER said Nas

I was referring to people like Wale, Stefflon don...

She could at least get Drake onto a song.
                                          Without budget is difficult to get that.

Comment

Without budget is difficult to get that.
                                            Doesn't she have some of her own money she could throw at her projects ? Like even JLo got Cardi. She hardly gets much budget these days ?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Doesn't she have some one her own money she could throw at her projects ?
                                              Maybe she does but I don't know her deal. Many artists only use labels for the distribution and they pay the record. It's more common everyday. She could go that route

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post

Be well soon!!
                                                Thank you. It's very frustrating to only be able to use one hand. It will take six weeks to heal...

The day I broke my hand was not all bad though. I was part of a clip made by the Dutch Lambies to which Mariah herself replied:
                                                "@DutchLambies, I love you so much, thank you for being a part of my family #L4L"

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

How come Adele can host SNL, and Mariah cant even get a Xmas SNL gig ?
                                                  Because Adele is coming off 2 Diamond albums and the thirst for her music is there.

When you're in you're in, when you're not , you're not.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Thank you. It's very frustrating to only be able to use one hand. It will take six weeks to heal...

The day I broke my hand was not all bad though. I was part of a clip made by the Dutch Lambies to which Mariah herself replied:
                                                    "@DutchLambies, I love you so much, thank you for being a part of my family #L4L"

Get well soon!!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X