No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people's expectations are very low on this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by sts View Post
      New York Times' music podcast - Popcast - has its latest episode about Mariah and the memoir! Not listened yet but it's a fantastic podcast (even if they were mixed in their reviews on Caution).
      Thanks for bringing this, I'm enjoying a lot the popcast.

They dedicate a section for Chick album!!!
      Last edited by delapuerta; Fri October 23, 2020, 21:39.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

But it’s weird if she wants to support a movement with a song no one will hear. To send a message in the air for nobody basically
        Did you get the message? If only one person gets it then IMO it's worth it.
        See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• My initial thought on the video was 'why now?'.

But it is timely - I guess it will always be timely - not just in terms of the election, but in terms of the messages that need to be delivered. If we look at it as a message Mariah wants to deliver versus supporting a song, then there's no bad time to get it out.

Seems many were involved in this and that's a great thing.
          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• I cannot wait for her to finally give us the Chick album. There is so much talk about it, it must come true.
            My Chart

Comment

• ^ let it be next year!

There's so much happening this year with Mariah - surely we can just wait till January for the Chick album lol

Although I would really like to hear her lead version sooner than later.
              MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                I cannot wait for her to finally give us the Chick album. There is so much talk about it, it must come true.
                Listen the NYT popcast you're going to enjoy it. They talk about Mariah songwriting brillance

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                  ^ let it be next year!

There's so much happening this year with Mariah - surely we can just wait till January for the Chick album lol

Although I would really like to hear her lead version sooner than later.
                  I wouldn't mind, her giving us Demented as a teaser and then release the whole thing in January. I'm so curious of the whole experience.

Mariah Cobain or Mariah Love... I gotta hear THAT.
                  My Chart

Comment

• The Chick thing... could be a fresh new-start for her... something so abstract and not on brand - the shock value that that has... As she was saying in the Memoirs... it was all scribbled together and spontaneous... and I love that... it's like a parody album which ... by accident...became an incredible project. It's still blowing my mind that it exists ... somewhere.

I wouldn't mind a re-issue of the original chick album + Mariah's edits on CD2 (side2). Clarissa will certainly love that check.
                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                      The Chick thing... could be a fresh new-start for her... something so abstract and not on brand - the shock value that that has... As she was saying in the Memoirs... it was all scribbled together and spontaneous... and I love that... it's like a parody album which ... by accident...became an incredible project. It's still blowing my mind that it exists ... somewhere.

I wouldn't mind a re-issue of the original chick album + Mariah's edits on CD2 (side2). Clarissa will certainly love that check.
                      Many music jouralists are still in shock with this, the guy from RS searched the album because he had it, others still are in awe.
                      We should remember that in 1995, music styles were completely rigid. The grunge hates the pop stars and techno, the same with rock fans. If she would have released this by her name in 1995 it would have been confusing and impossible tbh. And at the same time did she record Daydream? Just genius

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

Many music jouralists are still in shock with this, the guy from RS searched the album because he had it, others still are in awe.
                        We should remember that in 1995, music styles were completely rigid. The grunge hates the pop stars and techno, the same with rock fans. If she would have released this by her name in 1995 it would have been confusing and impossible tbh. And at the same time did she record Daydream? Just genius
                        The album... would have probably still reached #1 in the USA. The place where it might have been most successful would have been Europe,. tho. The UK would have eaten this up. (Much more than they have Daydream). It would be hilarious.
                        My Chart

Comment

• A SUD release with her vocals would be fun.

Comment

• I remember Daydream being seen as a big departure for Mariah back in 1995 (I mean - Music Box and Merry Christmas!) - yet was a smash from the outset.

Mariah doing R&B? Yeah - her music always had that element, and she always did well on the R&B charts. But grunge?

SUD and Chick would have been the true shocks in terms of the public's perception of Mariah. I would have loved it!
                            But then she did mention early in her career that she was a fan of Ozzy Osbourne.

I do wonder if they will have a proper release - all streaming services, CDs, even the videos etc. But from a charts perspective, it would not classify as a 'Mariah' album if released under Chick.
                            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                              I remember Daydream being seen as a big departure for Mariah back in 1995 (I mean - Music Box and Merry Christmas!) - yet was a smash from the outset.

Mariah doing R&B? Yeah - her music always had that element, and she always did well on the R&B charts. But grunge?

SUD and Chick would have been the true shocks in terms of the public's perception of Mariah. I would have loved it!
                              But then she did mention early in her career that she was a fan of Ozzy Osbourne.

I do wonder if they will have a proper release - all streaming services, CDs, even the videos etc. But from a charts perspective, it would not classify as a 'Mariah' album if released under Chick.
                              I remember feeling so thankful for the direction with Daydeam as i was worried that it was going to be a dreary Musicbox pt2

Comment

• So current ratings. Confession - I’ve been listening to SUD a lot more than The Rarities lately. Just because so unexpected and I really do think it’s a great album and I’m so intrigued it was a secret for 25 years.

1) Hermit
                                2) Malibu
                                3) Violent
                                4) Joe
                                5) Demented
                                6) Love is a Scam
                                7) Prom Queen
                                8) Agony
                                9) Stork
                                10) Freak
                                11) Surrender

Comment

• Yeah that Chicks thing still blows my mind as well. I wonder how many copies that album sold back in the day?
                                  Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I would love the lead vocals! I'm happy I found a cd and cassette when they were going cheap but to hear Mariah really sing on SUD tracks would be amazing

Comment

• Reports that Prince Azim has sadly died

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                        Reports that Prince Azim has sadly died

???

he was so young! Very sad

Wasn't Mariah and Whitney last meeting at one of his parties?
                                        Last edited by SmartIsNewSexy; Sat October 24, 2020, 12:32.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

???

he was so young! Very sad

Wasn't Mariah and Whitney last meeting at one of his parties?
                                          Yeah, I think so!

Comment

• I don't find the new Save The Day video as something interesting, but I really love the song. Such a grower, such a vibe! And the lyrics are very up to date.
                                            [center:vkux8078]FOLLOW THE DUCK[/center:vkux8078]

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post

I remember feeling so thankful for the direction with Daydeam as i was worried that it was going to be a dreary Musicbox pt2
                                              To me and other fans at the time, it did feel as Music Box part 2. Both were heavy on ballads written with Walter. Both had one cover. Both had a lead single that were very much in the same vein. Both had two other upbeat tracks.
                                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I think the reception to Caution and Chick and The Meaning of Mariah has paved the way for Mariah to dive more into the experimental realm in the future if she chooses to and I love that for her

“Ribbon” was such a Fleetwood Mac tease, the resurrection of “Heart of Glass” makes me yearn for something like that from MC too, issa “Fantasy” vibe
                                                Last edited by allygdale; Sat October 24, 2020, 19:10.
                                                #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                                  I think the reception to Caution and Chick and The Meaning of Mariah has paved the way for Mariah to dive more into the experimental realm in the future if she chooses to and I love that for her

“Ribbon” was such a Fleetwood Mac tease, the resurrection of “Heart of Glass” makes me yearn for something like that from MC too, issa “Fantasy” vibe
                                                  Ribbon and Fleetwood Mac in the same sentence is not something you ever expected to hear. Please explain?

Comment

• I found it interesting in this Gayle King interview from the other day that she acknowledges her voice goes "up and down"

Comment

Working...
                                                    X