No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busta song is nice, but I have no desire to see the video... she was in her tacky phase when she shot that, before she really started to fix her legacy
    rather shoot a new one with current mariah

Comment

• Never knew Emeli was a fan

The Scottish singer recalls obsessing over Titanic, channelling Mariah Carey and learning to beatbox

Comment

• One of my fave artists Emeli Sandé talking about Mariah being her musical obsession:

"Mariah Carey was my first musical obsession. My dad gave me the album Music Box when I was seven. I thought she was really beautiful and the artwork was brilliant. The first song I ever learned was her rendition of Without You. That’s the first time my dad said: “Oh, I think you’re quite good at singing.” I thought: “Wow, I’m going to be a singer!” After that, he was coaching me on how to convey emotion with my hands. He had me touching doorframes. It’s just so funny thinking of the seven-year-old me trying to convey the emotion of this desperate love song to my parents.

My dad only showed me the biggest divas as I was growing up. He made it such a normal thing for me that a woman can sing, but also that it’s a requirement to write your own music. Having that in my head has kept me on the songwriting path. Now I look back and think, God, I’m so lucky that my parents had good taste in music, or knew what would excite a kid."

Check out Emeli's music - she's so good!
        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
          Never knew Emeli was a fan
          lol - beat me to it.
          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by itsjosmar View Post
            Busta song is nice, but I have no desire to see the video... she was in her tacky phase when she shot that, before she really started to fix her legacy
            rather shoot a new one with current mariah
            Im looking forward to seeing a video Mariah has little control over tbh.

Plus, the IKWYW video is super hot so this one should be too.
            See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
              Never knew Emeli was a fan
              Mariah's impact is unparalleled

Comment

• Random question. When did Mariah start using in-ear monitor on stage?

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                  Random question. When did Mariah start using in-ear monitor on stage?
                  TEOM??? I think she started using it with the studded microphone thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mckenry View Post

Ya that’s what she said in the dvd interview

Comment

• It feels good watching people from young generation listen to Mariah for the first time (and actually don’t know her) and gets blown away. See this clip.
                      https://youtu.be/9HBy_Un9n4k

Comment

• Mariah to appear, free registration

Comment

• Originally posted by redhorse2016a View Post
                          It feels good watching people from young generation listen to Mariah for the first time (and actually don’t know her) and gets blown away. See this clip.
                          https://youtu.be/9HBy_Un9n4k
                          That MTV movie awards performance is EVERYTHING!
                          great introduction to discover Mariah and her music

Comment

• Where I Belong sounds like the b-side to I Know What You Want. It’s still a bop, though.

Comment

• WIB is cute and I like her vocals on it and her rapping along with Busta at the end. I don't think it will get a lot if replay from me, but I enjoy it.
                              You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• To be honest, i'm pleasantly surprised by WIB. My expectations were rock bottom after that low quality snippet.

This song is no IKWYW but the high quality edit at least makes Mariah's part a bit more listenable. Busta's mic sounds so low quality when he sings the sound seems muffled. I wished they sorted that out.

IKNWYW had an infectuous hook, this one is just meh.....the beat drop is just blah.

The best and most surprising bit is Mariah's rap, she goes just as hard as Busta.

I'm elevating this from 1-2 out of 10 to probably a 4..need a few more listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mckenry View Post

They need to make a come back! Those microphones are gorgeous! My favourites are the pink and blue ones!

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                                    Where I Belong sounds like the b-side to I Know What You Want. It’s still a bop, though.
                                    Funny cause Busta confirmed this would be a remix for IKWYW and then they decided not to

Comment

• Someone mentioned that had they remixed it back then, the song may have been able to hit #1.

Comment

• Mariah put up a really cute instagram filter and I made a story with it. I hope she reposts it :-)
                                        You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• All I really want is your intimacy

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                            To be honest, i'm pleasantly surprised by WIB. My expectations were rock bottom after that low quality snippet.

This song is no IKWYW but the high quality edit at least makes Mariah's part a bit more listenable. Busta's mic sounds so low quality when he sings the sound seems muffled. I wished they sorted that out.

IKNWYW had an infectuous hook, this one is just meh.....the beat drop is just blah.

The best and most surprising bit is Mariah's rap, she goes just as hard as Busta.

I'm elevating this from 1-2 out of 10 to probably a 4..need a few more listens.
                                            OK, this is growing on me harder than I thought. probably a 5-6/10 now.

I wished there was a bit more variation in the melody and Mariah should've sung a bridge or something like the original....though i guess the rap was the replacement.

Watching IKWYW again, hits very hard. Music was so much better back then.

And it's good to see she is still connecting back in the hood.......there's a reason why she was the one that made that hip-hop/pop collab big on mainstream.

The formular is bad boy hard rapper....mixed with angelic clean girl image. In IKWYW her voice was like an angel and Busta was tough badboy.....it's quite infectuos.

Comment

• I adore IKWYW. I have yet to really listen to the new song with Busta. I've just played it a few times. But it was OK on first listen.

IKWYW is another #1 that got away. It's a classic. That video is fire. She's never been hotter than in her Automatic Princess Platinum Blond outfit.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• That comment by Busta makes me wonder if they originally had a sample of IKWYW in Where I Belong and then they took it out. Because in the clip with Suss One, IKWYW is very prominent whereas in this final version it doesnt exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                                  All I really want is your intimacy
                                                  Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                    That comment by Busta makes me wonder if they originally had a sample of IKWYW in Where I Belong and then they took it out. Because in the clip with Suss One, IKWYW is very prominent whereas in this final version it doesnt exist.
                                                    Sounds better without it because it would otheriwse be considered a definate copy and paste. This song has a different hook and the only thing that is similar is the flow and the strings.
                                                    Last edited by skylynx; Fri October 30, 2020, 21:28.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X