No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah has collaborated with Diddy, Jay-Z, Busta, ODB, Snoop, bone thugs.....

I wish Mariah had collaborated with 2Pac or Biggie

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
      All I really want is your intimacy
      PLS RELEASE SKYDIVING, TIMBA AND MC

Comment

• This was beautiful

Comment

• At the rate Ariana is noching #1s......she could well pose a threat to Mariah's #1s record. She's notched up what would likely be 5 Number 1s in just under 2 years.....and could well score a 6th one next week with 34+35.

No one has ever notched up 4 #1s in a calendar year and she could well do it. She could also be the first to notch back to back #1 debuts.....and also the first female with two solo singles at #1 and #2 (with 34+35 and Positions)

And to think she will extend her record as the first artist to have all 6 #1s go to the top. Incredible.

They're very smart to release a single to capitalise on the thirst then release another record on the album's release and treat it like a new singe to displace.

And to think this album is so meh. I guess when you're hot (like Mariah was back in the 90s) you will rattle these #1s like hot cakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imopink1 View Post
            This was beautiful

This is just...WOW!!!

The transition from "My All" to "Butterfly" was heavenly, and the entire TEOM segment through to the end was gorgeous as well. So talented!!
            You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
              At the rate Ariana is noching #1s......she could well pose a threat to Mariah's #1s record. She's notched up what would likely be 5 Number 1s in just under 2 years.....and could well score a 6th one next week with 34+35.

No one has ever notched up 4 #1s in a calendar year and she could well do it. She could also be the first to notch back to back #1 debuts.....and also the first female with two solo singles at #1 and #2 (with 34+35 and Positions)

And to think she will extend her record as the first artist to have all 6 #1s go to the top. Incredible.

They're very smart to release a single to capitalise on the thirst then release another record on the album's release and treat it like a new singe to displace.

And to think this album is so meh. I guess when you're hot (like Mariah was back in the 90s) you will rattle these #1s like hot cakes.

Personally I don't think Ariana will come remotely close to 19 number one singles.

Comment

• “Where I Belong” sounds a million times better with the album mix and master than the SoundCloud one, whoever did the processing on the instrumental and vocals is amaze! Yaaaaas reverb and delay and big beats!

I love Ari but she will never have as many No 1s as Mariah or even Rihanna, she started getting them too late into her career
                Last edited by allygdale; Fri October 30, 2020, 23:38.

Comment

• Butterfly(song) is so underrated.

this song should be amongst her #1s.

Comment

• Hi Lambs, Casual Flow here. Sorry to have missed so much fun these past few months. I lost my old account info somehow. So now I'm Melt Away.

Comment

• Seriously “Where I Belong” is f#cking fire! I love this type of beat, and whoever mixed the vocals just gets Mariah’s whisper voice! The song sounds soooo good

Comment

• Originally posted by MeltAway View Post
                        Hi Lambs, Casual Flow here. Sorry to have missed so much fun these past few months. I lost my old account info somehow. So now I'm Melt Away.
                        welcome back. <3
                        My Chart

Comment

Hi Lambs, Casual Flow here. Sorry to have missed so much fun these past few months. I lost my old account info somehow. So now I'm Melt Away.
                          Welcome back!
                          If you wanna be Casual Flow again I believe Wayne can help.

However Melt Away is also a great name!
                          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Personally I don't think Ariana will come remotely close to 19 number one singles.
                            Ariana will surpass her by 2025 at this rate. But that's how it goes. When people say they can't name even 1 Mariah Carey #1 single... then I'm not sure if anyone will remember (or currently does) any of Ariana's.
                            My Chart

Comment

Seriously “Where I Belong” is f#cking fire! I love this type of beat, and whoever mixed the vocals just gets Mariah’s whisper voice! The song sounds soooo good
                              Yeah - there was a bit of ambivalence by some at first. I liked it - it has a good energy to it.
                              Maybe IKWYW sounds more... complex and varied as composition but this is good.
                              MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Ariana will surpass her by 2025 at this rate. But that's how it goes. When people say they can't name even 1 Mariah Carey #1 single... then I'm not sure if anyone will remember (or currently does) any of Ariana's.
                                Doesn't Ariana only have 4 with 5 if positions debuts at 1 ? I think Mariah is safe unless Rihanna comes back really strong.

Comment

• Is anyone watching Busta Rhymes x YouTube Music Nights - Live from The Apollo Theatre? He's performing his new songs right now. Hoping WIB is included.

Comment

Can we still call you "Casual"? Really missed you on here, buddy!!!

No joke, I was thinking about you recently. I always love your posts and your energy. You make me smile with your positivity. Hope all is well with you and your family in this crazy crazy year.

Welcome back!!!

Comment

Seriously “Where I Belong” is f#cking fire! I love this type of beat, and whoever mixed the vocals just gets Mariah’s whisper voice! The song sounds soooo good
                                      I agree that the vocals are so nice. Mariah sounds smooth and sexy and this just serves as a reminder that even as "just a hook girl" she SERVES!!! But we know she is more than just that, and she really plays off Busta so well. They have a nice chemistry.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Doesn't Ariana only have 4 with 5 if positions debuts at 1 ? I think Mariah is safe unless Rihanna comes back really strong.
                                        Positions will hit #1 this week.....34+35 is a likely number next week. The charts are weak at the momment so a big name will be able to secure the top spot quite easily.

Rihanna will surely be the first to surpas Mariah, She only needs 5 more.....and she's still barely reached mid-30s.

Ariana is still only 27 so she has time on her hands.

Comment

I've got it on repeat! Love the 2003 throwback groove. I hear the IKWYW influence. You were spot on about Mesmerized and Cool On You. Can't get enough em!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post

Can we still call you "Casual"? Really missed you on here, buddy!!!

No joke, I was thinking about you recently. I always love your posts and your energy. You make me smile with your positivity. Hope all is well with you and your family in this crazy crazy year.

Welcome back!!!
                                            Of course. I'll always be Casual, but Melt is the next best thing. I've missed you too, but I've been here keeping up with the thread and the Lambs even though I couldn't get into my account. I finally couldn't take it anymore and created a new account with a new email address.

2020 has been scary and crazy. Right?!? My kids brought COVID home from school but it mysteriously passed over me. I tested negative and never got symptoms. The twins were asymptomatic too. I think all C and D I took (and the Rarities playing nonstop in the house) beat it back. As bad as it's been for everyone, Mariah has been a bright spot. Still delivering for her fans. MC30 has been awesome, even if I'm still waiting impatiently for Skydiving. Mesmerized almost makes up for it. LOVE THAT SONG!!!

Good to be back in time for the Christmas season. Take care of yourself!

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

welcome back. <3
                                              Hey stevyy, thanks! I'm back just in time for the Christmas dominance. Bless you for keeping the faith in the dramatic fashion that only you can .

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

Welcome back!
                                                If you wanna be Casual Flow again I believe Wayne can help.

However Melt Away is also a great name!
                                                Hey Info, thanks! I'm sure Wayne can help me out but it's okay. How many posts did I loose? Like 10 or 12,000?!?

Looking forward to following the charts with you over the next couple months. Your analysis is still among the best!

Comment

Of course. I'll always be Casual, but Melt is the next best thing. I've missed you too, but I've been here keeping up with the thread and the Lambs even though I couldn't get into my account. I finally couldn't take it anymore and created a new account with a new email address.

2020 has been scary and crazy. Right?!? My kids brought COVID home from school but it mysteriously passed over me. I tested negative and never got symptoms. The twins were asymptomatic too. I think all C and D I took (and the Rarities playing nonstop in the house) beat it back. As bad as it's been for everyone, Mariah has been a bright spot. Still delivering for her fans. MC30 has been awesome, even if I'm still waiting impatiently for Skydiving. Mesmerized almost makes up for it. LOVE THAT SONG!!!

Good to be back in time for the Christmas season. Take care of yourself!
                                                  So glad to hear you are well, and hope the kiddos recovered without any lasting issues. I know you are an amazing father and husband!

Glad we will be hearing more from you. I got called out for being too quiet on here awhile back haha, so I am trying to carry the torch for us "old-timers" in the forum. But we definitely have the best community, and I hope we can maintain. This forum/fandom is a comfort to me in these crazy times.

I appreciate ALL of you, but it is especially nice to have a friendly face return to us :-)

Christmas will be especially fun this year with the Apple TV special. Can't wait!

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                                    Hey Sexy! Their story and its impact on her Butterfly music was a real highlight of the book. It was unexpectedly well written, a quality read. Surpassed my expectations. So glad Mariah got a #1 NYT bestseller and glowing reviews. So deserving. I didn't think I could love or respect her more. But I do.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X