Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah some people just like to go as loud as they can when they sing. I don’t think it’s impressive.

Comment

• The talent of the Lambily is unparalleled!

Comment

• Tori Kelly has done a lovely version of All i want for Christmas is you

Comment

• J Hud just has a big loud voice, and she sounds incredible when she sings.
          I thought that O Holy Night was really great and J HUD definitely held back. She used like 50 percent of what she has.

Comment

• Listening to "Rainbow" and I want justice for "Crybaby".
            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Daley covered My All at his online concert. He's a fan.

Sorry, I cant embed the video, but here it is:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHGJ3H3..._web_copy_link
              Last edited by Clown10; Tue November 3, 2020, 02:22.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clown10 View Post
                Daley covered My All at his online concert. He's a fan.

Sorry, I cant embed the video, but here it is:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHGJ3H3..._web_copy_link

i dont know him...but kudos to him for honoring Mariah !

Comment

• Originally posted by ferrero View Post
                  hey casualflow or Meltaway as u r known now!
                  Hey buddy. How are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by songwritermc View Post

I don’t think Mariah would do this, not unless she’s bankrupt. If she wants fast money, she can just license her songs on a bargain

If she’s lazy to handle them, she can just license a company to do the works for her.
                    Based on the amount of time she spent in her memoir discussing how she didn’t sell her songs early on, I think without a doubt on principle, she will never. It’s not about the money to her bc it’s her song and she’d never let anyone else own her part of the publishing.

Comment

• See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Since the Tokyo Dome video was uploaded, Youtube cracked down on my channel which meant I couldn't upload a Whenever You Call video I'd made using vocals from the Butterfly Tour to 'reimagine' how it was performed. I've uploaded it to Vimeo instead if anyone is interested. Quite cool how it all synced up in the end and gives a good idea of what these performances would have been like. Hope you enjoy!

Comment

• ^ it's a lovely vocal.

I think I used to be a little indifferent about the song when Butterfly came out. I didn't like the production, and thought it was too similar to When I Saw You.
                          However it's just a lovely melody, and her vocal on the song is so impressive - very beautiful.
                          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                            ^ it's a lovely vocal.

I think I used to be a little indifferent about the song when Butterfly came out. I didn't like the production, and thought it was too similar to When I Saw You.
                            However it's just a lovely melody, and her vocal on the song is so impressive - very beautiful.
                            Yes there is something special about the song that might pass people by on first listen and the studio climax is a wonder to behold!

It's strong but simple melody gave Mariah room to experiment with the live versions in the same way she does with Hero, you notice many lines have something different in the live versions than in the studio, a melodic tweak, a different tone which I love and which makes the vocals feel really connected to her musically and emotionally in an 'in the moment' way if I can describe it like that.
                            Last edited by Rascali; Tue November 3, 2020, 09:19.

Comment

• Whenever you call is so underrated.

and the vocals are incredibly difficult

Comment

• Is that true?

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                                  Is that true?

Quite likely

Comment

• I feel a bit sad we're basically on the Christmas era already. I'd kill for some more MC 30 EPs

Comment

• Originally posted by firefly_86 View Post
                                      I feel a bit sad we're basically on the Christmas era already. I'd kill for some more MC 30 EPs
                                      We'll get more.
                                      See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• SPOTIFY 02/11/2020
                                        WW 118 All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey 879,570
                                        US 53 All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey 380,099
                                        02/11/2019
                                        WW 172 All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey 682,522
                                        US 119 All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey 281,222

Considering 2019 is still the best performing year of the song, we can only hope this ear it's gonna be bigger.

Comment

• Doing extremely well in the US though a slightly bigger drop in other markets like the UK.

Global:
                                          2019 - November 1st Fri - 698,686 (#180)
                                          2019 - November 2nd Sat - 682,522 (#172)
                                          2019 - November 3rd Sun - 666,649 (#143)
                                          2019 - November 4th Sun - 668,596 (#169)
                                          2019 - November 5th Mon - 691,681 (#167)

2020 - November 1st (Sun) - 882,541 (#116)
                                          2020 - November 2nd (Mon) - 879,570 (#118)

US:
                                          2019 - November 1st Fri - 302,453 (#115)
                                          2019 - November 2nd Sat - 281,222 (#119)
                                          2019 - November 3rd Sun - 262,747 (#110)
                                          2019 - November 4th Sun - 270,318 (#125)
                                          2019 - November 5th Mon - 271,428 (#131)

2020 - November 1st (Sun) - 356,813 (#63)
                                          2020 - November 2nd (Mon) - 380,099 (#53)

UK:
                                          2019 - November 1st Fri - 80,659 (#88)
                                          2019 - November 2nd Sat - 69,582 (#87)
                                          2019 - November 3rd Sun - 69,980 (#79)
                                          2019 - November 4th Sun - 67,280 (#92)
                                          2019 - November 5th Mon - 69,526 (#85)

2020 - November 1st (Sun) - 102,703 (#54)
                                          2020 - November 2nd (Mon) - 80,070 (#82)

Comment

• Are you aware that Mariah has made her two most critically acclaimed albums this last decade? I mean, 28 years from her debut she puts out her most acclaimed album, "Caution", according to Metacritic. The second most acclaimed album is "The Rarities", her last release from the last decade (or first of this decade, if you may).
                                            She's lost some vocal skills but has grown a lot musically, as a composer/producer. Mariah the singer has been on her prime, but we may be witnessing prime Mariah the composer right now (or yet to be).

Comment

• So they say you got some chick!

Comment

• Originally posted by marcomarao View Post
                                                Are you aware that Mariah has made her two most critically acclaimed albums this last decade? I mean, 28 years from her debut she puts out her most acclaimed album, "Caution", according to Metacritic. The second most acclaimed album is "The Rarities", her last release from the last decade (or first of this decade, if you may).
                                                She's lost some vocal skills but has grown a lot musically, as a composer/producer. Mariah the singer has been on her prime, but we may be witnessing prime Mariah the composer right now (or yet to be).
                                                Music reviewers review mainstream music by women more fairly now since more women are critics and men are less concerned with proving their masculinity

Thats not to say Mariah doesn’t keep honing her craft because she does, but had the culture been this way in the 90s, all the other albums would have received more acclaim

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

Music reviewers review mainstream music by women more fairly now since more women are critics and men are less concerned with proving their masculinity

Thats not to say Mariah doesn’t keep honing her craft because she does, but had the culture been this way in the 90s, all the other albums would have received more acclaim
                                                  I agree. In the 90s music critics were more skewed towards rock music. If you looked polite and polished, wore expensive gowns and sang ballads, you didn’t have any credibility as an artiste (according to them). Worse still, some of them described her image and music as not empowering. We know it took a lot of blood and sweat to do what she did for her career, more than what those critics could ever endure.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                                    So they say you got some chick!
                                                    You're fiending for "Skydiving" release haha and I am with you!

Love the new avi xoxo
                                                    You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X