Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 05musicbox View Post
    I cant @ kelly clarkson releasing a cover of all i want for christmas is you. Not mariah's song though, but vince something.

Isnt this a bit disrespectful?
    Vince Vance and the Valiants

It was the "original" and very different than Mariah's completely original composition.

My ignorant uncle tried to convince me that Mariah "stole" the song this year at our family Christmas dinner. Boy, bye.

I don't think this is disrespectful, first and foremost because they are two very different songs. Secondly, Kelly is an outspoken and consistently respectful lamb. No shade detected.
    You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Wonder how much does it cost to publish a Mariah’s cover
      Originally posted by 05musicbox View Post
      I cant @ kelly clarkson releasing a cover of all i want for christmas is you. Not mariah's song though, but vince something.

Comment

• Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post

Vince Vance and the Valiants

It was the "original" and very different than Mariah's completely original composition.

My ignorant uncle tried to convince me that Mariah "stole" the song this year at our family Christmas dinner. Boy, bye.

I don't think this is disrespectful, first and foremost because they are two very different songs. Secondly, Kelly is an outspoken and consistently respectful lamb. No shade detected.
        But kelly knows, as everybody does, that AIWFCIY is the mariah Christmas song that has become a staple during christmas season. She knows its that popular. Its like the move was intentional, to create confusion and to get a slice of the popularity of aiwfciy.
        AsaPUKE ing bola
        king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

We have been getting performances, videos or remixes till last week. This week we got the song with Busta Rhymes, so it makes sense not to release anything else. Even now it's hard to keep up listening and watching everything that is coming to us. I don't know any artist who gave fans something on a weekly basis for so many months on end. And there is no sign yet she will stop releasing stuff next week. Can't believe how ungrateful some fans are.
          Damn chill! Where am I being ungrateful cause I said the weekly releases seems to be over? Calm down dude, take a breath go listen to AIWFCIY maybe u get some festivity spirit

Comment

But kelly knows, as everybody does, that AIWFCIY is the mariah Christmas song that has become a staple during christmas season. She knows its that popular. Its like the move was intentional, to create confusion and to get a slice of the popularity of aiwfciy.
            Let's agree to disagree. I think Kelly is too gracious and always comes out in strong support of Mariah at every possible opportunity and even just spontaneously showers her with praise and adoration.

Also, I think Dolly's cover of Mariah is a nice gesture as well, from one legendary songwriter to another.

There are some disrespectful and greedy/thirsty "entertainers" out there, but Kelly seems very principled to me.

Comment

• If Mariah sings at Biden's inauguration, it should be When You Believe. She can sing it with JHud or Kelly Clarkson. Or perhaps Queen Bee. Ariana is too lightweight tonally. Christina would be ideal but of course that will never happen.

Comment

I don't see why you would see it as disrespectful. The Vince Vance song is a nashville classic and Kelly has roots in Nashville.
                It has nothing to do with Mariah, and it's not as if it is going to chart. Kelly can cover whatever song she wants to.

The song actually predates Mariah's song by the same name, as it was release originally in 1989.

Comment

I am sorry but this is completely in your head. Leave Kelly alone

Comment

• Weakest day so far though clearly with the election is dominating most people's minds.

Global:
                    2019 - November 1st Fri - 698,686 (#180)
                    2019 - November 2nd Sat - 682,522 (#172)
                    2019 - November 3rd Sun - 666,649 (#143)
                    2019 - November 4th Mon - 668,596 (#169)
                    2019 - November 5th Tue - 691,681 (#167)
                    2019 - November 6th Wed - 734,820 (#147)

2020 - November 1st (Sun) - 882,541 (#116)
                    2020 - November 2nd (Mon) - 879,570 (#118)
                    2020 - November 3rd Tue - 841,019 (#135)
                    2020 - November 4th Wed - 746,550 (#158)

US:
                    2019 - November 1st Fri - 302,453 (#115)
                    2019 - November 2nd Sat - 281,222 (#119)
                    2019 - November 3rd Sun - 262,747 (#110)
                    2019 - November 4th Mon - 270,318 (#125)
                    2019 - November 5th Tue - 271,428 (#131)
                    2019 - November 6th Wed - 295,412 (#109)

2020 - November 1st (Sun) - 356,813 (#63)
                    2020 - November 2nd (Mon) - 380,099 (#53)
                    2020 - November 3rd Tue - 336,682 (#69)
                    2020 - November 4th Wed - 266,978 (#95)

UK:
                    2019 - November 1st Fri - 80,659 (#88)
                    2019 - November 2nd Sat - 69,582 (#87)
                    2019 - November 3rd Sun - 69,980 (#79)
                    2019 - November 4th Mon - 67,280 (#92)
                    2019 - November 5th Tue - 69,526 (#85)
                    2019 - November 6th Wed - 76,149 (#80)

2020 - November 1st (Sun) - 102,703 (#54)
                    2020 - November 2nd (Mon) - 80,070 (#82)
                    2020 - November 3rd Tue - 82,052 (#82)
                    2020 - November 4th Wed - 78,468 (#79)

Comment

WHAAAAT?

HOW DARE SHE! Off wit this bitch's head!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• So Kelly is not allowed to sing a song with the same title as Mariah’s song because it’s disrespectful?

Comment

• NO SHE IS NOT! And since I've gone off on a tangent --- I was listening earlier today to Loverboy Firecracker over and over and I wanna say a big FU to JLo and Tommy and spit on their faces!!!!!!! YALL HAVE NO IDEA! The original Firecracker version is *fire emoji* *fire emoji* *fire emoji* *fire emoji* *fire emoji*! Their stinking, conniving asses did Mariah BEYOND dirty depriving her and us of a #1 and screwing up her era. There is a special place in HELL for them, know that!

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post
                            NO SHE IS NOT! And since I've gone off on a tangent --- I was listening earlier today to Loverboy Firecracker over and over and I wanna say a big FU to JLo and Tommy and spit on their faces!!!!!!! YALL HAVE NO IDEA! The original Firecracker version is *fire emoji* *fire emoji* *fire emoji* *fire emoji* *fire emoji*! Their stinking, conniving asses did Mariah BEYOND dirty depriving her and us of a #1 and screwing up her era. There is a special place in HELL for them, know that!

Are you okay?
                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I have “Migrate” on cue for Donald’s speech tonight

Keep it movin bounce hey

Comment

NO SHE IS NOT! And since I've gone off on a tangent --- I was listening earlier today to Loverboy Firecracker over and over and I wanna say a big FU to JLo and Tommy and spit on their faces!!!!!!! YALL HAVE NO IDEA! The original Firecracker version is *fire emoji* *fire emoji* *fire emoji* *fire emoji* *fire emoji*! Their stinking, conniving asses did Mariah BEYOND dirty depriving her and us of a #1 and screwing up her era. There is a special place in HELL for them, know that!

H E L P

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                                  If Mariah sings at Biden's inauguration, it should be When You Believe. She can sing it with JHud or Kelly Clarkson. Or perhaps Queen Bee. Ariana is too lightweight tonally. Christina would be ideal but of course that will never happen.
                                  With MJB!!!

Comment

I’m screaming at Debbie Gibson 2020i love firecracker too

Comment

• I hope Mariah and Kelly do a mash up of their All I want for Christmasses haha. It would be epic

Comment

• I love LeAnn’s version btw

Comment

• Kelly probably wasn’t willing pay a lot of money to cover the song.
                                          Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• I think I should listen to Mariah’s Christmas music to make me feel better about the election.
                                            Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                              I think I should listen to Mariah’s Christmas music to make me feel better about the election.
                                              Yeah...I feel you. So stressful.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                                Kelly probably wasn’t willing pay a lot of money to cover the song.
                                                Here's a thought. Maybe Kelly didn't want to do a cover of Mariah's song. She simply did a cover of the song SHE wanted to cover. Which happened to be another song called All I want for Christmas is you, which again is a huge Nashville song and where Kelly has her roots.

Comment

• Can we just bask in the glow of this disco gem. Can't get enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Damn chill! Where am I being ungrateful cause I said the weekly releases seems to be over? Calm down dude, take a breath go listen to AIWFCIY maybe u get some festivity spirit
                                                    I have to agree. When I read his response to your statement I was like WTF? Am I that bad at english? What did I lose here?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X