Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
    Well yes...



    7 million views now.
    Do we know how this compares with some of the other songs that got a big push on social media/twitter as a result of the street celebration.

    I heard Miley's Party in the USA got a bump? how many views does that have?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
      I have a feeling AIWFCIY will be even BIGGER this year!

      Which would be insane, last year was the 25th and they literally had non-stop "something" impacting on social media every other day.

      It's been quite so far since November 1st but that's because of the election......i wonder what they have instore this year.

      Spotify is stil a growing platform so obviously alot of the increases is new people playing it.

      THough i think the competition is going to be bigger this year......I'm bracing for a Lil Nas X, Justin Bieber/Shawn Mendes...maybe Rihanna, Drake or Post drop over the next 4 weeks.

      Comment


      • I dont think we should expect as big of a campaign this year. Last year was particularly big and focused because of MC25.

        See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

        Comment


        • This is the first time it's hit 1m streams globally on Spotify this early in the season.

          UK is very high at #31 and inside the Top 50.
          US is also skirting with the Top 50 and notches the 2nd highest daily streams in the US this early since November 2nd 2020.

          ===

          Global:
          2019 - November 1st Fri - 698,686 (#180)
          2019 - November 2nd Sat - 682,522 (#172)
          2019 - November 3rd Sun - 666,649 (#143)
          2019 - November 4th Mon - 668,596 (#169)
          2019 - November 5th Tue - 691,681 (#167)
          2019 - November 6th Wed - 734,820 (#147)
          2019 - November 7th Thu - 800,337 (#128)
          2019 - November 8th Fri - 841,427 (#125)
          2019 - November 9th Sat - 882,039 (#101)
          2019 - November 10th Sun - 888,990 (#76) <<<

          2020 - November 1st (Sun) - 882,541 (#116)
          2020 - November 2nd (Mon) - 879,570 (#118)
          2020 - November 3rd Tue - 841,019 (#135)
          2020 - November 4th Wed - 746,550 (#158)
          2020 - November 5th Thu - 791,191 (#149)
          2020 - November 6th Fri - 867,647 (#148)
          2020 - November 7th Sat - 989,339 (#109)
          2020 - November 8th Sun - 1,035,881 (#86) <<<


          US:
          2019 - November 1st Fri - 302,453 (#115)
          2019 - November 2nd Sat - 281,222 (#119)
          2019 - November 3rd Sun - 262,747 (#110)
          2019 - November 4th Mon - 270,318 (#125)
          2019 - November 5th Tue - 271,428 (#131)
          2019 - November 6th Wed - 295,412 (#109)
          2019 - November 7th Thu - 318,323 (#90)
          2019 - November 8th Fri - 326,702 (#108)
          2019 - November 9th Sat - 319,953 (#83)
          2019 - November 10th Sun - 313,263 (#67) <<<

          2020 - November 1st (Sun) - 356,813 (#63)
          2020 - November 2nd (Mon) - 380,099 (#53)
          2020 - November 3rd Tue - 336,682 (#69)
          2020 - November 4th Wed - 266,978 (#95)
          2020 - November 5th Thu - 283,850 (#93)
          2020 - November 6th Fri - 320,352 (#88)
          2020 - November 7th Sat - 345,284 (#70)
          2020 - November 8th Sun - 369,800 (#52) <<<


          UK:
          2019 - November 1st Fri - 80,659 (#88)
          2019 - November 2nd Sat - 69,582 (#87)
          2019 - November 3rd Sun - 69,980 (#79)
          2019 - November 4th Mon - 67,280 (#92)
          2019 - November 5th Tue - 69,526 (#85)
          2019 - November 6th Wed - 76,149 (#80)
          2019 - November 7th Thu - 77,222 (#80)
          2019 - November 8th Fri - 81,956 (#90)
          2019 - November 9th Sat - 94,794 (#67)
          2019 - November 10th Sun - 93,533 (#55) <<<

          2020 - November 1st (Sun) - 102,703 (#54)
          2020 - November 2nd (Mon) - 80,070 (#82)
          2020 - November 3rd Tue - 82,052 (#82)
          2020 - November 4th Wed - 78,468 (#79)
          2020 - November 5th Thu - 82,497 (#64)
          2020 - November 6th Fri - 91,799 (#75)
          2020 - November 7th Sat - 119,990 (#44)
          2020 - November 8th Sun - 131,882 (#31) <<

          Comment


          • Yeah, just that Christmas Special with Apple TV.

            It is officially Christmas so some big artists will likely defer their releases unless it is a Christmas single.

            With growing streaming numbers, I have a feeling that it will go back atop. I hope...but regardless of what its chart position this year, I am just glad that the song seems like a part of everyone's lives now. It is inescapable...like you'll just have to deal with it.
            A place in time still belongs to us...

            Comment


            • speaking of US National anthem, WHY isn't Mariah's SuperBown rendition available on digital platforms?
              that should have been on the Rarities as well

              Comment


              • Brenda Lee is not far behind on Spotify....increasing quite fast as well. It seems the more upbeat Christmas song tends to do better than the more slow sombre ones like The Christmas Song, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas...etc.

                I never thought Brenda Lee's version would be more popular that those two male songs.

                Comment


                • Merry Christmas is also back on the Billboard 200 charts at #100.
                  See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by skylynx View Post

                    Do we know how this compares with some of the other songs that got a big push on social media/twitter as a result of the street celebration.

                    I heard Miley's Party in the USA got a bump? how many views does that have?

                    So I had a look on Miley' Twitter, and all the clips that she re-tweeted are mostly under 1m views....with the highest at 1.8m. I'm surprised I thought it would be much higher considering all the press that it got.

                    All of them combined don't even match the 7.4m views that the AIWFCIY clip got. that's just insane. The power she has.

                    Mariah's doesn't even have as many followers as Miley on Twitter and Mariah wasn't even copied or tagged in that clip.

                    Her power.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                      Brenda Lee is not far behind on Spotify....increasing quite fast as well. It seems the more upbeat Christmas song tends to do better than the more slow sombre ones like The Christmas Song, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas...etc.

                      I never thought Brenda Lee's version would be more popular that those two male songs.
                      Brenda is still 30 spots lower than Mariah on US Spotify and has not even 1/100 of the video streams.

                      Mariah's 4-6 AIWFCIY videos are already approaching 1,500,000 daily on YT as well.
                      My Chart

                      Comment


                      • Comment


                        • Tbh I really don’t care about anything Christmas related this year. She already conquered that and will for years to come. Her real music should be celebrated just as much by the gp.

                          Comment


                          • I know it's early but it will be interesting to see the figures at the end of Nov.

                            In Oct the two main AIW videos almost doubled the song's 2019 views on youtube. Not sure that growth can be sustained but if it's close, the streaming this year will be lifted again.
                            I think #1 is easily doable this year. No CD/cassette sales to support it, but I think it'll do well.
                            MESMARIAHSING!

                            Comment


                            • Scat! It's my turn now!

                              images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSoQpuwgraXsQ2LXJ27vkqhzZfV0GUE9cDsVQ&amp;usqp=CAU.jpg

                              Comment


                              • I want “Skydiving”

                                Comment


                                • I heard she'll be on Graham Norton Show soon, will she perform or is it promo for the book?
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                    I heard she'll be on Graham Norton Show soon, will she perform or is it promo for the book?
                                    Promo for the AppleTV Xmas special

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

                                      Promo for the AppleTV Xmas special
                                      Thanks!
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                        This is the first time it's hit 1m streams globally on Spotify this early in the season.

                                        UK is very high at #31 and inside the Top 50.
                                        US is also skirting with the Top 50 and notches the 2nd highest daily streams in the US this early since November 2nd 2020.

                                        ===

                                        Global:
                                        2019 - November 1st Fri - 698,686 (#180)
                                        2019 - November 2nd Sat - 682,522 (#172)
                                        2019 - November 3rd Sun - 666,649 (#143)
                                        2019 - November 4th Mon - 668,596 (#169)
                                        2019 - November 5th Tue - 691,681 (#167)
                                        2019 - November 6th Wed - 734,820 (#147)
                                        2019 - November 7th Thu - 800,337 (#128)
                                        2019 - November 8th Fri - 841,427 (#125)
                                        2019 - November 9th Sat - 882,039 (#101)
                                        2019 - November 10th Sun - 888,990 (#76) <<<

                                        2020 - November 1st (Sun) - 882,541 (#116)
                                        2020 - November 2nd (Mon) - 879,570 (#118)
                                        2020 - November 3rd Tue - 841,019 (#135)
                                        2020 - November 4th Wed - 746,550 (#158)
                                        2020 - November 5th Thu - 791,191 (#149)
                                        2020 - November 6th Fri - 867,647 (#148)
                                        2020 - November 7th Sat - 989,339 (#109)
                                        2020 - November 8th Sun - 1,035,881 (#86) <<<


                                        US:
                                        2019 - November 1st Fri - 302,453 (#115)
                                        2019 - November 2nd Sat - 281,222 (#119)
                                        2019 - November 3rd Sun - 262,747 (#110)
                                        2019 - November 4th Mon - 270,318 (#125)
                                        2019 - November 5th Tue - 271,428 (#131)
                                        2019 - November 6th Wed - 295,412 (#109)
                                        2019 - November 7th Thu - 318,323 (#90)
                                        2019 - November 8th Fri - 326,702 (#108)
                                        2019 - November 9th Sat - 319,953 (#83)
                                        2019 - November 10th Sun - 313,263 (#67) <<<

                                        2020 - November 1st (Sun) - 356,813 (#63)
                                        2020 - November 2nd (Mon) - 380,099 (#53)
                                        2020 - November 3rd Tue - 336,682 (#69)
                                        2020 - November 4th Wed - 266,978 (#95)
                                        2020 - November 5th Thu - 283,850 (#93)
                                        2020 - November 6th Fri - 320,352 (#88)
                                        2020 - November 7th Sat - 345,284 (#70)
                                        2020 - November 8th Sun - 369,800 (#52) <<<


                                        UK:
                                        2019 - November 1st Fri - 80,659 (#88)
                                        2019 - November 2nd Sat - 69,582 (#87)
                                        2019 - November 3rd Sun - 69,980 (#79)
                                        2019 - November 4th Mon - 67,280 (#92)
                                        2019 - November 5th Tue - 69,526 (#85)
                                        2019 - November 6th Wed - 76,149 (#80)
                                        2019 - November 7th Thu - 77,222 (#80)
                                        2019 - November 8th Fri - 81,956 (#90)
                                        2019 - November 9th Sat - 94,794 (#67)
                                        2019 - November 10th Sun - 93,533 (#55) <<<

                                        2020 - November 1st (Sun) - 102,703 (#54)
                                        2020 - November 2nd (Mon) - 80,070 (#82)
                                        2020 - November 3rd Tue - 82,052 (#82)
                                        2020 - November 4th Wed - 78,468 (#79)
                                        2020 - November 5th Thu - 82,497 (#64)
                                        2020 - November 6th Fri - 91,799 (#75)
                                        2020 - November 7th Sat - 119,990 (#44)
                                        2020 - November 8th Sun - 131,882 (#31) <<
                                        Im obsessed with Nov 4ths lump! Why exactly is that?!

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

                                          Promo for the AppleTV Xmas special
                                          Going on the GNS and not performing is pointless. She should perform, even if its prerecorded.

                                          Comment


                                          • Why is mariah thanking beyonce in ig?
                                            AsaPUKE ing bola
                                            king lalam ning TETE

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by 05musicbox View Post
                                              Why is mariah thanking beyonce in ig?
                                              Beyonce was reading The Meaning of Mariah Carey.
                                              I love music!

                                              Comment


                                              •  

                                                Comment


                                                • Vote for Mariah's book at these two awards:

                                                  Goodreads Choice Semi-finals (you have to vote again if you voted in the opening round):
                                                  https://www.goodreads.com/choiceawar...phy-books-2020

                                                  World of Wonder Outstanding Book:
                                                  https://worldofwonder.net/world-of-w...our-votes-now/
                                                  See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by 05musicbox View Post
                                                    Why is mariah thanking beyonce in ig?
                                                    She sent Mariah a whole load of her Ivy Park collection, that Monroe was modelling in the video.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X