No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m so ready for Chick. Malibu and Prom Queen and Surrender and Demented, and the whole damn album really, I just NEED the version with Mariah’s vocals! Or at least release the Clarissa version on iTunes and repurpose the CDs!
    it’s the album I’ve always wanted from Mariah, but didn’t KNOW that I needed.

Comment

• Does anyone know it's total points the 3 weeks it was Number 1 last year?

Also I wonder how radio is doing, with bundles and sales pretty much out the door, radio is proving to be another big source of longetivity. Blinding Lights has been inside the Top 10 for pretty much most of this year already thanks to Radio.

I'm hoping it can pull through the Christmas/NY week.....though i'm more interested if she can land that #1 early like she did last year and perhaps even go #1 a week earlier than that to make 4 weeks at #1 instead of 3 last year.

The biggest record in play this year (or early next year whichever way you look at it) is #1 in more than 2 consecutive years. If she lands that last weekend which carries over as the first #1 of 2021....she will be the first to go #1 with the same song in 3 consecutive years 2019-2020-2021 and the first regardless of whether it's consecutive or not.

I hope she at least gets that.

Also, I need AIWFCIY to eventually reclaim that title of the longest #1 in Billboard Hot 100. I know it will take at least another 6 years to equal Old Town Road....but I can't have that title being held by such a mediocre song and especially one by Lil Nas X and not another legend or someone who has talent and releases a truly timeless song. OTR is hardly remembered 1 year on.

Last edited by skylynx; Sun November 15, 2020, 19:58.

Comment

• I want the song to get to #1 for 1 week minimum... that's the main goal. I don't care for multiple weeks at #1... but if it should manage that... even better...

Unless BB changes their rules... the song could return the alltime record back to MIMI at the end of this decade. That would be some black mirror episode and a plot twist nobody saw coming.
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
          I’m so ready for Chick. Malibu and Prom Queen and Surrender and Demented, and the whole damn album really, I just NEED the version with Mariah’s vocals! Or at least release the Clarissa version on iTunes and repurpose the CDs!
          girl, I'm barely hanging on in life knowing that this is in her vault (or somebody elses...) and that we might get it... It's literally everything I've ever wanted as well... especially knowing that it's Mariah ... in her "idgaf" phase... I want the album so bad... and I want it to accidentally rejuvinate her career and become a banger.

The world is ready.
          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

girl, I'm barely hanging on in life knowing that this is in her vault (or somebody elses...) and that we might get it... It's literally everything I've ever wanted as well... especially knowing that it's Mariah ... in her "idgaf" phase... I want the album so bad... and I want it to accidentally rejuvinate her career and become a banger.

The world is ready.
            For some reason i'm not really anticipating her version of Chick that much as many of you. I think Clarissa's lead vocals were good enough.

I really don't think Mariah's voice really suits a hard rock edge. Some of the snippet she sang on the memoir to the song sounds pretty iffy to me. Rock/Grunge requires a certain tone....Mariah's more suited to pop/rnB.

Though if course I want to hear it but I'm rooting for a new album with more pop leaning melodies.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
              I really hope AIWFCIY can finally reach #1 in the UK, this year

it has been robbed twice already, by the stupid ACR rule

Her UK team doesnt want it badly enough IMO.
              See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

She's basically given up on markets outside the US. I'm surprised she's even doing Graham Norton.

Though last year she shoud've gone #1....they foiled her with the miscalculation.

Comment

It will most likely get re-certified in the UK this season... then 5x PLATINUM (3,000,000) How many 5xP songs have missed the #1 position?
                  Its a travesty!
                  if it never reaches #1, they should give her an honorary #1.

Comment

Does she even have a UK team?

Comment

• For several weeks, the FOX 5@4team has been reading Mariah Carey's memoir "The Meaning of Mariah Carey" for their weekly Book Club segment.
                      http://marcokircher.com
                      http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                      IG: marco235

Comment

• Sorry. Double post. The little girl’s tweet is so cute!

wasn’t this Mashup with Metallica from last year?
                        Festive cheer has driven one music fan to create a yuletide mash-up of Metallica with Mariah Carey.
                        Last edited by Cashiado; Sun November 15, 2020, 22:45.
                        http://marcokircher.com
                        http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                        IG: marco235

Comment

• Merry Christmas II You up to #68 on iTunes US.

It’s discounted atm for $4.99

Comment

• Nice instrumental of ABMB - one of Mariah's greatest songs ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                              Does anyone know it's total points the 3 weeks it was Number 1 last year?
                              First week around 300, second week around 380 and third week over 520 points.

Comment

I want the song to get to #1 for 1 week minimum... that's the main goal. I don't care for multiple weeks at #1... but if it should manage that... even better...
                                I know, 1 week is enough for me - the last week (issue 2021) so she gets the record of course.
                                Last year was organic and unexpected even by her own team.
                                I think this year will perform just as good anyway. Numbers are higher than '19 by a big margin.

---

Oh, now that I remember she has the alternate/behind the scenes video from the All I Want (Make My Wish Come True Edition) that they didn't upload last year 'cause wasn't necessary. She better save it for Xmas week.

Comment

Merry Christmas II You up to #68 on iTunes US.

It’s discounted atm for $4.99
                                  Deserves better. A masterpiece.

I mean, Oh Santa! is a BOP.

Comment

• Queen of vocabulary.

There's other one during the recording of #B video and she's talking about some bugs, lmao, she's so drescriptive.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                                      Nice instrumental of ABMB - one of Mariah's greatest songs ever.

It is. The song is a pop masterpiece.

Comment

• Comment

• the melody of ABMB is so perfect

Comment

• That ABMB instrumental is very nice indeed - the song has become so much more in the past 'few' years. Well, since at least digital and streaming.
                                            It has really become a sentimental favourite, and one of her more enduring songs.
                                            It's kinda timeless in a way.
                                            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
                                              I’m so ready for Chick. Malibu and Prom Queen and Surrender and Demented, and the whole damn album really, I just NEED the version with Mariah’s vocals! Or at least release the Clarissa version on iTunes and repurpose the CDs!
                                              I wonder how she’s release the album, like Mariah carey - someone’s ugly daughter or as Chick (cause there’s already the Clarissa’s version as Chick the artist)

Comment

• I need a Gospel album!

tracklist
                                                - going up yonder
                                                - my saving grace
                                                - fly like a bird
                                                - make it happen
                                                - i wish you well
                                                - heavenly
                                                - when you believe

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                                                  Nice instrumental of ABMB - one of Mariah's greatest songs ever.

I love how the cello follows Mariah's voice nelody lines, even including her adlibs!!
                                                  Last edited by Milano; Mon November 16, 2020, 10:31.
                                                  I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• Today is the 2nd Anniversary of Caution

Comment

Working...
                                                    X