• AIWFCIY is #1 iTunes BRAZIL !!!

because of Anita....

Comment

• Oh Santa has been discounted to 69 cents
        See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
          This is a hilarious clip. Is she actually performing AIWFCIY or did somebody just dub the song over the previous song. It's hilarious though.....like some trashy performer at some community club or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

First week around 300, second week around 380 and third week over 520 points.
            300 points will not be enough at this rate to get #1 as Mood is around 350 points this week alone and growing on radio. it'll likely still be in that range come December.

EDIT: I just realised it was boosted this week by the remix and would likely drop a bit in the next few weeks. though I think Mariah will still need to hit around 350 points to get that #1 (barring any bigger new release smash).

I think the key week is of course that final tracking week on the 19th December....but i'm particularly interested in that 12th December tracking week....cause i want her to get that #1 like she did so that same week last week. It'll be a bonus if she can get #1 on the tracking week of 5th december....but it may be a bit too early.
            Last edited by skylynx; Mon November 16, 2020, 12:25.

Comment

• Like last year, it rose again on Sunday, up 32% on the same day last year. It's very high on the global list helped but a weak set of new releases.

In the US it's now hit 500k streams for two days and is now inside the Top 20 (again, the earliest it's been). It's also surpassed Lil Nas X on US Spotify which is a bit crazy. The US is starting to come through a bit stronger now with even bigger increases over same days last year (since the election)

The UK is just going gangbusters this year, it's now cracked the Top 10 (streams were steady but other songs dropped harder)

What i do wonder if these big increases this year is just a sign of people wanting to get into a happier spirit early due to Covid....i hope this sought of pace continues for the rest of the season.

---

Global:
              2019 - November 8th Fri - 841,427 (#125)
              2019 - November 9th Sat - 882,039 (#101)
              2019 - November 10th Sun - 888,990 (#76)
              2019 - November 11th Mon - 934,365 (#78)
              2019 - November 12th Tue - 982,750 (#74)
              2019 - November 13th Wed - 983,304 (#76)
              2019 - November 14th Thu - 997,007 (#78)
              2019 - November 15th Fri - 1,037,397 (#82)
              2019 - November 16th Sat - 1,170,612 (#60)
              2019 - November 17th Sun - 1,219,223 (#45) <<<

2020 - November 6th Fri - 867,647 (#148)
              2020 - November 7th Sat - 989,339 (#109)
              2020 - November 8th Sun - 1,035,881 (#86)
              2020 - November 9th Mon - 971,525 (#98)
              2020 - November 10th Tue - 1,021,650 (#94)
              2020 - November 11th Wed - 1,109,961 (#81)
              2020 - November 12th Thu - 1,134,159 (#83)
              2020 - November 13th Fri - 1,259,312 (#73)
              2020 - November 14th Sat - 1,555,314 (#49)
              2020 - November 15th Sun - 1,617,058 (#34) <<<

US:
              2019 - November 8th Fri - 326,702 (#108)
              2019 - November 9th Sat - 319,953 (#83)
              2019 - November 10th Sun - 313,263 (#67)
              2019 - November 11th Mon - 359,208 (#59)
              2019 - November 12th Tue - 378,678 (#53)
              2019 - November 13th Wed - 361,046 (#59)
              2019 - November 14th Thu - 347,324 (#69)
              2019 - November 15th Fri - 339,693 (#88)
              2019 - November 16th Sat - 368,675 (#64)
              2019 - November 17th Sun - 390,374 (#47) <<<

2020 - November 6th Fri - 320,352 (#88)
              2020 - November 7th Sat - 345,284 (#70)
              2020 - November 8th Sun - 369,800 (#52)
              2020 - November 9th Mon - 368,380 (#51)
              2020 - November 10th Tue - 375,430 (#52)
              2020 - November 11th Wed - 415,016 (#40)
              2020 - November 12th Thu - 421,317 (#39)
              2020 - November 13th Fri - 450,204 (#48)
              2020 - November 14th Sat - 533,132 (#26)
              2020 - November 15th Sun - 542,251 (#14) <<<

UK:
              2019 - November 8th Fri - 81,956 (#90)
              2019 - November 9th Sat - 94,794 (#67)
              2019 - November 10th Sun - 93,533 (#55)
              2019 - November 11th Mon - 86,535 (#67)
              2019 - November 12th Tue - 92,457 (#67)
              2019 - November 13th Wed - 94,768 (#61)
              2019 - November 14th Thu - 104,285 (#54)
              2019 - November 15th Fri - 107,337 (#58)
              2019 - November 16th Sat - 128,862 (#52)
              2019 - November 17th Sun - 133,043 (#35) <<<

2020 - November 6th Fri - 91,799 (#75)
              2020 - November 7th Sat - 119,990 (#44)
              2020 - November 8th Sun - 131,882 (#31)
              2020 - November 9th Mon - 108,040 (#47)
              2020 - November 10th Tue - 111,152 (#46)
              2020 - November 11th Wed - 116,916 (#39)
              2020 - November 12th Thu - 116,815 (#43)
              2020 - November 13th Fri - 135,357 (#36)
              2020 - November 14th Sat - 195,450 (#12)
              2020 - November 15th Sun - 195,163 (#10) <<<
              Last edited by skylynx; Mon November 16, 2020, 13:27.

Comment

• With Mariah and a few others like Wham/George cashing in annually and the increasing noise about charting with Christmas music.....i think we'll see even some of today's big A-listers trying to cash in soon.

I wonder who would be next....

Most Likely:
                * Ariana - i'm thinking a full-length album from Ariana is probably inevitable (since she's also sitting on a Christmas hit in the form of Santa Tell Me). She'll likely do that in the next 2 years I think. At the rate she's releasing new albums, pencill in 2021 or 2022 now.
                * Taylor - a folk Taylor may not smash ala some past singles but if she goes full pop Taylor then it could well be one of the biggest Christmas albums of all time
                * Ed Sheeran - his style of music is versatile enough for this
                * Katy Perry - she has a few songs already so i can totally see her stringing them together and release a few new and covers to make a full-length album. Her voice could give an interesting take on Christmas ala Gwen Stefani.
                * Adele - she has the voice and of course sales will be huge. Though maybe a few year's down the line when she starts hitting late 30s

Maybe still possible...

* Beyonce - Yes Destiny's Child has one but don't we all wish for sometihing from Queen B herself
                * Lady Gaga - I think she can go the jazzy route a well if she wants, though perhaps a bit further down in her career when she's closer to 40?
                * Bruno Mars - out of the boys, he is probably the one who has the voice for a quality album.

Surely we don't expect Drake, Rihanna or the big rappers to release Christmas music right.
                Last edited by skylynx; Mon November 16, 2020, 14:03.

Comment

• Mariah may be the leading female but there are a host of males/groups that has added to the canon IMO. Buble is the shining example, then there is also Pentatonix.

I think Kelly Clarkson may be a leading candidate. I think Kelly has been especially deliberate out of all in terms of adding extensively to now have a sizeable Christmas catalog.

I think we will see more from Carrie Underwood who is doing rather well with her new Christmas album.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                    Mariah may be the leading female but there are a host of males/groups that has added to the canon IMO. Buble is the shining example, then there is also Pentatonix.

I think Kelly Clarkson may be a leading candidate. I think Kelly has been especially deliberate out of all in terms of adding extensively to now have a sizeable Christmas catalog.

I think we will see more from Carrie Underwood who is doing rather well with her new Christmas album.
                    Yes, we talk alot about Mariah but it's ultimately Buble that is constantly bringing in the album sales (his catalogue sales are huge(. And his It's Beginning to Look Alot like Christmas is becoming the go to version for today's generation. Also Celine if she promotes These Are Special Times. In fact, it wasn't until the last 3 years that Merry Christmas started to pull away from Celine's album, obviously due to the success of AIWFCIY

Pentatonix is always releasing some Christmas stuff....they know where the money is. Personally I don't find they're singing for a vocal group to be particularly outstanding.....not sure why they're so popular really. Pentatonix is also a non-event globally.

Kelly Clarkson is diversifying her brand and obviously there's more interest with her TV show. Her big album days are long gone but she's still conisdered America's darling so there will always be a level of interest. Though i personally find her Under the Christmas Tree to be too clunky and lacking in some areas. Santa Tell Me or Ome More Sleep from Leona does a better job at that modern Christmas sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

Yes, we talk alot about Mariah but it's ultimately Buble that is constantly bringing in the album sales (his catalogue sales are huge(. And his It's Beginning to Look Alot like Christmas is becoming the go to version for today's generation. Also Celine if she promotes These Are Special Times. In fact, it wasn't until the last 3 years that Merry Christmas started to pull away from Celine's album, obviously due to the success of AIWFCIY

Celine, IMO, is suffering more from CDs not being printed en masse like they did in the past. She always topped Mariah in the sales chart while Mariah did better on streaming. Mariah, sadly, never really printed her albums as widely. So the vinyl releases are a step in the right direction.

Comment

• She re-released the Christmas album last year and the price was good. I guess you forgot about it

Comment

What i do wonder if these big increases this year is just a sign of people wanting to get into a happier spirit early due to Covid....

<
                          this!

ironically, Coronavirus means Christmas will be BIGGER this year
                          Great news for Mariah!

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

this!

ironically, Coronavirus means Christmas will be BIGGER this year
                            Great news for Mariah!

On the flipside you would think less parties and thus less Christmas music.........though i guess it keeps people indoors so they're bound to watch movies or listen to music more.

Comment

• I cannot at all these artists jumping on Mariah's Christmas bandwagon the last few years.

Comment

• The streaming numbers are INSANE!

its not even December, and AIWFICY is already #14 Spotify!

just give it a DIAMOND certification already

Comment

• Love this special!

can't believe this was 10years ago....
                                  Last edited by SmartIsNewSexy; Mon November 16, 2020, 16:19.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                    Today is the 2nd Anniversary of Caution

Still a crime the way this was ignored.

Comment

• Mariah's impact is unparalleled

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post

Still a crime the way this was ignored.
                                        I agree with 100%... it was and still is a shame that the album did not spawn at least 1 H100 entry and vanished after 3 weeks.

It's also a crime how it was handled... Caution not being made a single... a no no not getting a real remix and GML staying an unknown album cut... also what happened to 8th Grade... it's blasphemy. However, I still have the album on heavy rotation and I still believe and agree with all the critics that this is one of her finest works.
                                        My Chart

Comment

• Tamar loves some Mimi

Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

Comment

• AIWFCIY is just too perfect a song. I've discovered it in the dark ages... right b4 a thing known as "the internet" became huge and information being available on everything all the time...

My family was visiting friends in a bigger city... and my father had the radio on in the car and suddenly this song came on and I was like... "is this Mariah? Is this my queen? Wait, this is a bop˛!!!!"

I then put her Xmas album at the top of my xmas wishlist and received it as a christmas present that year... it must have been 1997.

What a banger... <3
                                            My Chart

Comment

300 points will not be enough at this rate to get #1 as Mood is around 350 points this week alone and growing on radio. it'll likely still be in that range come December.

EDIT: I just realised it was boosted this week by the remix and would likely drop a bit in the next few weeks. though I think Mariah will still need to hit around 350 points to get that #1 (barring any bigger new release smash).
                                              This year she's entering with more points tho (at least that's what the projection stated and they're always on point). Numbers are higher than '19.
                                              Mood will drop its points in the next weeks anyway and the songs are debuting with 260 points at #1 lately (yeah, even the "big" releases) so Mariah can totally get 280-300 for the first week (or second) of December (remember we have Thanksgiving that always boosts the song).
                                              Also the non-xmas song always drops a bit on radio so that's a good thing for her.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                AIWFCIY is just too perfect a song. I've discovered it in the dark ages... right b4 a thing known as "the internet" became huge and information being available on everything all the time...

My family was visiting friends in a bigger city... and my father had the radio on in the car and suddenly this song came on and I was like... "is this Mariah? Is this my queen? Wait, this is a bop˛!!!!"

I then put her Xmas album at the top of my xmas wishlist and received it as a christmas present that year... it must have been 1997.

What a banger... <3
                                                I actually can't remember when I first started loving AIWFCIY.

What I do remember was in 1994 back in Australia when I was very young and just started to have the pocket money to start buying my own CDs.....the single I purchased first from her was Joy To The World from JB Hifi (i didn't have to buy the albums cause my sister would ultimately buy them LOL, she was a big fan back then as well....she was less interested after the Sony era). I used to love that dance sound and thought it was great.

AIWFCIY didn't hit me as hard on first listen back then I think (hence why i didn't buy the single)....but whilst Joy to the World sounds dated now (or of the 90s), AIWFCIY sounds timeless and can easily be on repeat without swapping with another song.

Merry Christmas can't be any more perfect timing wise, it's sandwiched in beteen Music Box and Daydream which is her two biggest albums and when her vocals were in peak form. I wish she had stuck to that pop/AC/soul sound with MC2U. Weaker Vocals on MC2U aside, the RnB tinge doesn't sound nearly as timeless now and that was only released 10 years ago.

Comment

• Caution is still THAT album. Gurl did that.

MCIIU is amazing and so underappreciated. A masterpiece that deserves way more atention.

Comment

• Can't believe Mariah is already #14 on US Spotify. The jump after re-entering could be huge if numbers keep growing this way.

Also, AIW is #69 on USA Apple Music (+24), the only Xmas song in the chart.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X